Mom passed

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
She would have been 91 next month. I am glad for all the time I've been with her since they moved back to Idaho from Washington. Being her son and caregiver has given me much more time and the loss has been easier. This last week I had planned for scouting but was free to help her. The last 5 or 6 days was hard to watch. I'm glad She is resting in peace tonight. She left at 7 am on a cool rainy morning today.

Celebrate her life DM. She raised good son. Very good that you could demonstrate your love for her when she needed you the most. May the Lord bless you DM.

Thank you all so much. Losing a Mother is the end of an era that is the basis of our existence. My Mom taught me more than my Dad. He worked construction where he worked placed like Stibnite , Idaho , Alaskan Pipeline and other places. When he was home we fished, hunted or I got help learning to fix my cars buy it was Mom who I spent most of my time with.
Mom however spent lots and lots of time teaching me countless things. She made sure I had discipline: telling Dad when he got home so I could go cut a Willow for him to use. He always said this will hurt me more than you...
Mom liked the Beatles and didn't complain when I grew my hair long one year. Dad didn't like the hair and hated the Beatles.
Mom made me work and save money.
I will miss Her. Dad has been gone for 3 years.

Last edited:
She would have been 91 next month. I am glad for all the time I've been with her since they moved back to Idaho from Washington. Being her son and caregiver has given me much more time and the loss has been easier. This last week I had planned for scouting but was free to help her. The last 5 or 6 days was hard to watch. I'm glad She is resting in peace tonight. She left at 7 am on a cool rainy morning today.
Sorry Man, sorry for your loss.
I only have about 20 days or so of having my Mom left on Earth.
She was a Deer hunter.
When I was a little kid we would drop my Dad off at tops of drainages out of old Willys Jeep and her and I would hunt on way down.
I’ve seen her lay out a couple bucks and does back in the day.
She used an old Marlin 30.30 my Dads Dad gave her.
I am on a Deer hunt now prepping for my Son and Grandson to arrive that I wanted to cancel to be with her for a few extra days, but she threatened to haunt me if I cancelled because the Deer hunt was her favorite time of year with my Dad and me.
She wants us to kill two bucks ‘for her’ in the next week.
I lost my Dad this year the day after Valentines.
My Mom never sealed the deal on an Elk with that Marlin so it is my goal to accomplish that for her.
Good luck picking up the pieces DM.

Sorry Man, sorry for your loss.
I only have about 20 days or so of having my Mom left on Earth.
She was a Deer hunter.
When I was a little kid we would drop my Dad off at tops of drainages out of old Willys Jeep and her and I would hunt on way down.
I’ve seen her lay out a couple bucks and does back in the day.
She used an old Marlin 30.30 my Dads Dad gave her.
I am on a Deer hunt now prepping for my Son and Grandson to arrive that I wanted to cancel to be with her for a few extra days, but she threatened to haunt me if I cancelled because the Deer hunt was her favorite time of year with my Dad and me.
She wants us to kill two bucks ‘for her’ in the next week.
I lost my Dad this year the day after Valentines.
My Mom never sealed the deal on an Elk with that Marlin so it is my goal to accomplish that for her.
Good luck picking up the pieces DM.
MrShane - thank you for sharing that. That is something to be proud of- a Mom who has dropped some Bucks. Having Her tell you and push you to go shows Me that She is very unselfish. The truth is She doesn't want you to miss out. Get a Buck and come home and spend every minute you can with Her. I lost lots of sleep watching over my Mom as She declined in health. I'm sorry you will have to lose her

Thank you all so much. Losing a Mother is the end of an era that is the basis of our existence. My Mom taught me more than my Dad. He worked construction where he worked placed like Stibnite , Idaho , Alaskan Pipeline and other places. When he was home we fished, hunted or I got help learning to fix my cars buy it was Mom who I spent most of my time with.
Mom however spent lots and lots of time teaching me countless things. She made sure I had discipline: telling Dad when he got home so I could go cut a Willow for him to use. He always said this will hurt me more than you...
Mom liked the Beatles and didn't complain when I grew my hair long one year. Dad didn't like the hair and hated the Beatles.
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you've got lots of good memories.

We'll bury my mom a week from today in a small cemetery in Eastern Washington. She passed last week at the age of 92. She had an awesome life but was ready to go.

My mom was the only woman hunter I knew where we lived. She was always ready on opening day of deer season with her trusty 30-06 and open sites.

She didn't get a deer too often but she did manage to kill a bigger Whitetail buck than my Dad. A very nice one actually. She had the horns mounted on a plack headed up the stairs to their bedroom. He got to look at them every morning when he came down stairs!
She did have a bit of orneriness in her bones !

I’m sorry for your loss DM. It doesn’t matter how old they/you are, they’re still Mom. I lost mine eight years ago and then became an orphan just a year later when my dad passed.
I think of them often and had the scab ripped off when we buried my wife’s mother just yesterday.
Speaking of moms that could shoot, more than a few deer had their throat slashed by a 55 grain slug from her 250 lol.

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share some of your mothers story!

Sorry to hear this. Condolences and prayers. We moved the MIL from senior living back into our house during Covid, and got to enjoy several more quality years together. Meant the world to my wife, and many more memories live on in our hearts!!

Sorry for your loss, that's a tough one indeed.
Sounds like she lived a good long life and made it two decades longer than most.
May she rest in peace ?

My Mom and I met Carroll O' Connor in Salmon when I was 15 or 16. Archie Bunker ! She told him I was afraid to ask if he was actually him. He said " don't tell anyone ya Meathead ". We laughed and he gave me his autograph. He had a nice wife and 2 nice kids.
My Mom caught a couple Steelhead with my Dad on the Columbia and although She never hunted She cooked our Elk, Antelope, Whitetail, Muleys and Pheasants, canned our Salmon .
She milked our Cows, grew gardens and canned foods. We fished for trout and picked Huckleberries. She made Huckleberry Pies, Rhubarb Pies, homemade bread. We played lots of Pinochle games on weekends with my Dad and my children's Mom. Thanks everyone again. Will always be memories.

My Mom and I met Carroll O' Connor in Salmon when I was 15 or 16. Archie Bunker ! She told him I was afraid to ask if he was actually him. He said " don't tell anyone ya Meathead ". We laughed and he gave me his autograph. He had a nice wife and 2 nice kids.
My Mom caught a couple Steelhead with my Dad on the Columbia and although She never hunted She cooked our Elk, Antelope, Whitetail, Muleys and Pheasants, canned our Salmon .
She milked our Cows, grew gardens and canned foods. We fished for trout and picked Huckleberries. She made Huckleberry Pies, Rhubarb Pies, homemade bread. We played lots of Pinochle games on weekends with my Dad and my children's Mom. Thanks everyone again. Will always be memories.
Old-fashioned momma. You are lucky, as many of us are.

My mom died 6 years ago during deer season. Before the season opened she was doing okay, and she asked if I was going hunting this season. I told her sure. She said I really shouldn't go by myself. Like always, I told her I'd be fine.

After she died, I felt the need to go up on the mountain for a couple days. I killed a buck and had it up on the road when a man and woman drove by. They stopped to look, and the woman looked right at me and said "You know you really shouldn't be up here by yourself" And they drove away.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom