Monroe/Mt Dutton/Plateau Cow Elk-Youth

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My son drew his first elk tag this year. We'll be staying in Circleville and planned on hunting just south of there. It'll be me, my 13 year old son and myself. I understand it will be cold and that there should be elk in the vicinity. We will be on foot...not bringing any quads or anything. Is there any benefit to trying to find any private ground to hunt on or will that really make a difference? We're planning on hunting for 3 days and, from what I hear, we should be able to find the elk relatively easy. If anyone can give me any advice or if anyone knows of a landowner who'd allow a youth hunter on the property to harvest an elk, let me know. Thanks a ton...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

You may want to reconsider not bringing quads...That area of the state has 100's of miles of trails at your finger tips. saves beating up a truck especially during the late hunt.
Good luck

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-14 AT 06:36PM (MST)[p]+100
Piute Res.
Otter Creek Res
and a couple of hundred miles of mountain roads, IF they don't get a ton of snow, IF they do get a ton of snow then you will be wishing for a snowmobile.
Got chains for those 4 wheelers.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Pad Your Tailgate Wisz!:D

I'll take care of things while you're gone!:

You sure you don't wanna stay for 7 days?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.....you're not her type, BESS. You don't even come close to her required minimum amount of teeth. Sorry whistler! :)

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

She Seemed to Enjoy the Lack of Teeth Last Time!

You're Always in a big Hurry to get back Home,JUDAS!

It'll be OK!

Take a Week or Two!

Good Luck Wisz!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

We aren't leaving until Dec 19th...I'll post up pics when we get back. :)

Steve

I saw a ad for rent cabin at Otter, Think was on KSL, if you are still looking for a place.

Thanks for the heads up, Gator. We've got the camping situation worked out already. I appreciate the info though. Looking forward to a successful hunt.

Steve

Thanks BIGJOHNT....not too sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing at this point. :) Decided on not bringing any quads so I hope the roads will be ok if we need to get into the higher stuff. Time will tell....thanks again for the heads up.

Steve

Good luck on your hunt. Should be hitting the weather good :)
My son has the same tag. We took a trip to the dutton and got skunked. I was a lil surprised, but that's huntin :)

Maybe we'll see you out there Jake. Good luck to you guys as well. We're looking forward to a good experience. Take care.

Steve

Well how did you all do.

Hi Guys- Sorry I haven't posted anythingyet but life has been busy with Xmas and all. My son filled his tag and I'll post the story and pics tomorrow sometime hopefully.

Jake- I think the tag is good until middle of January?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom