Mr. Anti-public land, Mike Lee, needs to go

No, if she keeps her seat, she keeps her seat. I actually think her being in congress is a negative for Republicans. She's not policy oriented, she's rhetoric oriented. Is she the type you really feel like is beneficial to Republicans in congress? Policy is more important than rhetoric. She can stand there with an AR and say Joe Biden sucks, but she doesn't do anything else.

As for the Georgia race, well money won't be an option for either party and there's no way you think Walker is a good candidate.

As for Biden, idk what your point there is exactly. Joe Biden is unpopular, that's why it's even more surprising Dems did as well as they did, that's the whole point.

I don't like most Republicans. Same reason I'm not a fan of the Washington Generals.

Unlike you, apparently, I believe in "our democracy". He survived a primary. And frankly, he lives in Georgia, and has for most of his adult life.

Neither is true of Lee, Romney, or McMullin. That alone makes him better.

The LESS government does, the better off I am. I'm fine if they all spend all day in Twitter wars. You believe in the greatness of government, this your a lib.

I don't want DC to EVER get things done.

My mayor, and even governor, different story

Great. So?

Ill be happy. The freedom caucus will have a ton of power.
Good luck with that is all I have to say. You and Joe Biden missed the message of Tuesday IMO.
Again, the R had under Trump Romney, Murkowski, Collins. And, and the house. For it we got open borders, run away spending, an attempted coup.
I don't see spending ever getting fixed tbh. Politicians all talk about it, but then they'll all go spend ungodly amounts of money, so I focus on supporting directing than money to beneficial places, because it's just never stopping.
I care not how many, I only care who.
The "who" really mattered in this eleciton.
You know for a guy who dislikes the hicks, rednecks , Trumpsters, why not move? I've never understood why a person lives in a place surrounded by people they have such contempt for.

It's almost as if you REALLY don't want the results and policies affecting you.

Why not move somewhere more "moderate" where huge liberal cities dictate?

Easy to yap, as long as you never face the consequences
Because I don't have to move just because you don't like my politics. This is always the lamest argument/idea there is. "Like it or leave it" is just asinine garbage. I don't hold contempt for my fellow Utahn's I have disagreements. If you hold contempt for people who disagree with you politically, you care about politics too much. You can vote for Mike Lee and I don't hate you. If I voted for Bernie Sanders or something, I would hope you could simply respect that and disagree. I'm anti-extremism. I don't think a monopoly on power is good for any state. Whether that be Dems in California or Republicans in Utah. Both are bad.

I don't like most Republicans. Same reason I'm not a fan of the Washington Generals.
Okay, and there's a hell of a lot of Democrats I don't like to.
Unlike you, apparently, I believe in "our democracy". He survived a primary. And frankly, he lives in Georgia, and has for most of his adult life.
What have I said that says I don't believe in our democracy lol?
Neither is true of Lee, Romney, or McMullin. That alone makes him better.
Politicians are opportunistic. We agree.
The LESS government does, the better off I am. I'm fine if they all spend all day in Twitter wars. You believe in the greatness of government, this your a lib.
I'm left of center on social and environmental issues no doubt, but I've voted for plenty of Republicans, plenty of Democrats, and plenty of third party candidates. Neither party has a monopoly on good or bad ideas and policies.
I don't want DC to EVER get things done.

My mayor, and even governor, different story
Sure, but I'm fine with DC doing some things that are beneficial. Especially for wildlife and wild places. Wildlife won't exist by accident anymore.

Hossblur there are segments of the left that are absolutely and totally nuts, you'll get no argument from me. But just like most Republicans aren't racist, bigots who are election deniers. Most Democrats are not what the right paints them as either. Most people are generally pretty reasonable regardless of party.

Problem for conservatives is that beneficial things are far and few between in DC...
I think DC does very few things that are positive as well. But specifically for this forum. There's a lot of bills I do like seeing passed to benefit wildlife and wild places. DC can do some beneficial things, but yeah they waste more money than they do beneficial things with. I have a very specific list of things I vote for.

Good luck with that is all I have to say. You and Joe Biden missed the message of Tuesday IMO.

I don't see spending ever getting fixed tbh. Politicians all talk about it, but then they'll all go spend ungodly amounts of money, so I focus on supporting directing than money to beneficial places, because it's just never stopping.

The "who" really mattered in this eleciton.

Because I don't have to move just because you don't like my politics. This is always the lamest argument/idea there is. "Like it or leave it" is just asinine garbage. I don't hold contempt for my fellow Utahn's I have disagreements. If you hold contempt for people who disagree with you politically, you care about politics too much. You can vote for Mike Lee and I don't hate you. If I voted for Bernie Sanders or something, I would hope you could simply respect that and disagree. I'm anti-extremism. I don't think a monopoly on power is good for any state. Whether that be Dems in California or Republicans in Utah. Both are bad.

You truly do read into what you want.

I didn't say love it or leave it.

I asked a simple question. Why live in a place you dislike so bad, run by people you find stupid?

I make fun of my Mormon neighbors, and some of the stupid policies. But I 100% live here because I love the quality of life, family friendliness, hard working, humble state they created and continue to foster. Which means, a 1 party state run by R.

My greatest fear isn't Mike Lee. It's the Kali license plates I see everywhere.

I

Hossblur there are segments of the left that are absolutely and totally nuts, you'll get no argument from me. But just like most Republicans aren't racist, bigots who are election deniers. Most Democrats are not what the right paints them as either. Most people are generally pretty reasonable regardless of party.

Show me a well run Dem controlled state.

I think DC does very few things that are positive as well. But specifically for this forum. There's a lot of bills I do like seeing passed to benefit wildlife and wild places. DC can do some beneficial things, but yeah they waste more money than they do beneficial things with. I have a very specific list of things I vote for.

Which president in the last 30 years did more for wildlife, specifically related to hunting and fishing than Trump? Let's see how honest you can be

Show me a well run Dem controlled state.
You can point to plenty wrong in Republican states and Democratic states.......New Mexico is nice. Colorado is pretty damn blue at this point. Also nice. Like, the idea that one side has a monopoly on good or bad ideas is kinda eating up your own supply.

Which president in the last 30 years did more for wildlife, specifically related to hunting and fishing than Trump? Let's see how honest you can be
Trump signed some very beneficial bills and I'm glad he did. He did a lot for access (great), there's a couple bills that I hope reach Bidens desk soon too. Obama has some good bills as well. Generally Dems put forward much more funding for agencies that manage wildlife habitat.

You can point to plenty wrong in Republican states and Democratic states.......New Mexico is nice. Colorado is pretty damn blue at this point. Also nice. Like, the idea that one side has a monopoly on good or bad ideas is kinda eating up your own supply.

So no, you can't. There are statistical and data driven metrics. Colorado and NM aren't cutting it. Especially NM

Donald Trump is a private citizen
Who has full hold of about 30-35% of a political party. Let's not do the whole "he's just a citizen" thing. He's had a stranglehold on a good part of the Republican party since 2016, and hasn't let it go.

So no, you can't. There are statistical and data driven metrics. Colorado and NM aren't cutting it. Especially NM
You can find stats and data to point to things both do good and bad. And I give you answers.....you just want to throw away? Okay lol. Easy to be right when you throw away whatever you don't like and only pay attention to what you do.

Trump signed some very beneficial bills and I'm glad he did. He did a lot for access (great), there's a couple bills that I hope reach Bidens desk soon too. Obama has some good bills as well. Generally Dems put forward much more funding for agencies that manage wildlife habitat.

Bullshit. Hunting and shooting still fund wildlife.

And hoping something reaches a desk, and signed law are 2 different things.

I know it sucks having to be honest

Who has full hold of about 30-35% of a political party. Let's not do the whole "he's just a citizen" thing. He's had a stranglehold on a good part of the Republican party since 2016, and hasn't let it go.

How much does the progressive wing of the D control? And who is the face of it? Don't ask me, Time, Mother Jones, MSM, all tell you AOC is the face of the party.

You can find stats and data to point to things both do good and bad. And I give you answers.....you just want to throw away? Okay lol. Easy to be right when you throw away whatever you don't like and only pay attention to what you do.

Data and stats beat "pretty nice"

Bullshit. Hunting and shooting still fund wildlife.

And hoping something reaches a desk, and signed law are 2 different things.

I know it sucks having to be honest
I never said hunting and shooting didn’t fund wildlife……the Biden Administration has more heavily funded management agencies and increased grant funding on a variety of beneficial wildlife items. Not to mention some of the protections they’ve put in place for vital habitat areas.

Last edited:
How much does the progressive wing of the D control? And who is the face of it? Don't ask me, Time, Mother Jones, MSM, all tell you AOC is the face of the party.
AOC is definitely not the face of the Democratic Party lol. Has she ever been President? Could she win in 90% of districts across the country? Nope. Trump has taken over a significant portion of the Republican brand. Trying to draw a line between those two doesn’t make sense.

Behold - Orange man ego implosion in one tweet. Hard to see him surviving this and moving forward to be the R nominee in '24. People just returned a beloved America First Gov. with limited baggage to power by 20 points. I doubt Floridians or the country will view this attack in a good light against a guy whose efforts they appreciate greatly. Orange man ego clearly sees RDS as THE prime threat to his potential return to Pennsylvania Ave.

AOC is definitely not the face of the Democratic Party lol. Has she ever been President? Could she win in 90% of districts across the country? Nope. Trump has taken over a significant portion of the Republican brand. Trying to draw a line between those two doesn’t make sense.

Correct.

One is a private citizen. The other an elected representative.

And,

Of course she could. Again, let me point out,

John Fetterman.

A guy who LITERALLY cannot speak, and cannot comprehend spoken words, was just elected a Senator. He makes AOC look like a genius.

It is amazing how you bounce around. You will quote numbers, stats, percentages, etc. Then when challenged you use "pretty nice", "good", etc.

Here's the facts. People are fleeing NY, ILLINOIS, CALIFORNIA, NJ, and fleeing to Utah, Texas, Tenn, Florida, Idaho. You can spin, pretend, etc, but the reason is simple, and they are shared. Conservative governor's, cultures, leadership.

But again. Bullshit walks, money talks. If you TRULY believed the bullshit you spew, you'd vote with your feet and move there. Your citizenship in one of the most conservative political states, and conservative cultures in the USA, shows you don't believe your own rhetoric.

That's not shut up or leave. That's " I'm safe spewing nonsense knowing I'll never face consequences for it"

Behold - Orange man ego implosion in one tweet. Hard to see him surviving this and moving forward to be the R nominee in '24. People just returned a beloved America First Gov. with limited baggage to power by 20 points. I doubt Floridians or the country will view this attack in a good light against a guy whose efforts they appreciate greatly. Orange man ego clearly sees RDS as THE prime threat to his potential return to Pennsylvania Ave.

True.

How long until the libs find Desantis has Russian ties?

That took 45 sec to prove you wrong

This is just one of the......many messages he's sent out tonight. He is currently throwing a fit on truth social or whatever app he sends things out on now.

Correct.

One is a private citizen. The other an elected representative.

And,

Of course she could. Again, let me point out,

John Fetterman.

A guy who LITERALLY cannot speak, and cannot comprehend spoken words, was just elected a Senator. He makes AOC look like a genius.

It is amazing how you bounce around. You will quote numbers, stats, percentages, etc. Then when challenged you use "pretty nice", "good", etc.

Here's the facts. People are fleeing NY, ILLINOIS, CALIFORNIA, NJ, and fleeing to Utah, Texas, Tenn, Florida, Idaho. You can spin, pretend, etc, but the reason is simple, and they are shared. Conservative governor's, cultures, leadership.

But again. Bullshit walks, money talks. If you TRULY believed the bullshit you spew, you'd vote with your feet and move there. Your citizenship in one of the most conservative political states, and conservative cultures in the USA, shows you don't believe your own rhetoric.

That's not shut up or leave. That's " I'm safe spewing nonsense knowing I'll never face consequences for it"
Just a flat out stupid post I'm not giving much response to. I don't have to leave Utah....to think different than you. Grow the **** up with that absolute nonsense.

That took 45 sec to prove you wrong
When any of this comes to fruition, let me know. I can take 5 seconds and find articles on extremists within the Republican party too lol. Donald Trump is a former election denying President, who refuses to admit he lost the last election and intends on announcing his campaign for 2024 on Tuesday. Stop being ridiculous. Donald Trump is currently a large % of leadership in the Republican party and not just some plain citizen.

Just a flat out stupid post I'm not giving much response to. I don't have to leave Utah....to think different than you. Grow the **** up with that absolute nonsense.

Not just me. The MAJORITY of the state.

True believers act on beliefs. Talkers talk.

Btw, I don't buy your 30-35% Trumpster number, but I won't argue he holds sway.

But don't let it be lost that the RNC chair, IS A ROMNEY. If there was a failure, the buck stops at the leader.

The DNC can elect a dimentia patient, a stroke sufferer and a dead guy.

What's the RNC doing?

When any of this comes to fruition, let me know. I can take 5 seconds and find articles on extremists within the Republican party too lol. Donald Trump is a former election denying President, who refuses to admit he lost the last election and intends on announcing his campaign for 2024 on Tuesday. Stop being ridiculous. Donald Trump is currently a large % of leadership in the Republican party and not just some plain citizen.

When Hillary announces, I look forward to your hundreds of posts about election denying.

And YES, she is going to announce.

As will Gavin Newsome, another election denier.

Again, you read what you want. I never said plain citizen, you keep adding your commentary.

But he isnt in any office. I can't wait. 2 years from now you'll be spewing all about how Ron Desantis is the antichrist. He's Hitler. He's the boogie man.

You believe R are supposed to be like Romney. Dudes who sit quiet and do what they are told. Don't fight. Always compromise to the left. Blah, blah, blah.

Funny how much the left loved Trump, until he stood up to them.

Enjoy the safety of living in a deep red state. Let us know when you live your ideals

Not just me. The MAJORITY of the state.
Okay? And? Around 30-35% of the state reliably votes Democrat. No. You don't just get to chase people off because they don't think like you. Sorry.
True believers act on beliefs. Talkers talk.

Btw, I don't buy your 30-35% Trumpster number, but I won't argue he holds sway.
According to primary polls its far higher than that.
But don't let it be lost that the RNC chair, IS A ROMNEY. If there was a failure, the buck stops at the leader.
Independents would break for Romney over Trump at a 70/30 clip lol. What don't you get that you're losing INDEPENDENTS not REPUBLICANS. Your party alienated the Romney type voters like you didn't need them......and you're gonna if you want to win many elections again.
The DNC can elect a dimentia patient, a stroke sufferer and a dead guy.

What's the RNC doing?
That should tell you all the more what the general American populous outside your partisan echo chamber thinks of you. INDEPENDENTS gave Joe Biden HORRIBLE ratings at exit polls and still voted for DEMOCRATS at a large % clip.

When Hillary announces, I look forward to your hundreds of posts about election denying.
Never have. Never will vote for Hillary Clinton.
And YES, she is going to announce.
3 people I will not vote for in 2024. Biden, Trump, Clinton.
As will Gavin Newsome, another election denier.

Again, you read what you want. I never said plain citizen, you keep adding your commentary.
You're trying to imply he shouldn't be part of the conversation......maybe you should TELL HIM because he desperately wants to be.
But he isnt in any office. I can't wait. 2 years from now you'll be spewing all about how Ron Desantis is the antichrist. He's Hitler. He's the boogie man.
Nope. DeSantis is infinitely better than Trump, for his party and for the country.
You believe R are supposed to be like Romney. Dudes who sit quiet and do what they are told. Don't fight. Always compromise to the left. Blah, blah, blah.
I'm saying that if you want independents to vote for your party.....I'd start acting a lot more like Mitt Romney than Donald Trump who's currently spewing on his owned social media platform, yes. You don't need to win over Republicans. In 2020, and 2022 Independents have said.....nah.
Funny how much the left loved Trump, until he stood up to them.
Defending Trump? He's a moron.
Enjoy the safety of living in a deep red state. Let us know when you live your ideals
Again, just total nonsense.

Okay? And? Around 30-35% of the state reliably votes Democrat. No. You don't just get to chase people off because they don't think like you. Sorry.

According to primary polls its far higher than that.

Independents would break for Romney over Trump at a 70/30 clip lol. What don't you get that you're losing INDEPENDENTS not REPUBLICANS. Your party alienated the Romney type voters like you didn't need them......and you're gonna if you want to win many elections again.

That should tell you all the more what the general American populous outside your partisan echo chamber thinks of you. INDEPENDENTS gave Joe Biden HORRIBLE ratings at exit polls and still voted for DEMOCRATS at a large % clip.

Ummm

The independents dumped Romney and elected Obama. Not to interject facts and history into your diatribe

Ummm

The independents dumped Romney and elected Obama. Not to interject facts and history into your diatribe
Obama is a hell of a politician honestly. He could have won multiple more times frankly.

But you know what? Keep doing exactly what you’re doing. It’s working wonderfully. Enjoy losing elections and independent voters.

Never have. Never will vote for Hillary Clinton.

3 people I will not vote for in 2024. Biden, Trump, Clinton.

You're trying to imply he shouldn't be part of the conversation......maybe you should TELL HIM because he desperately wants to be.

Nope. DeSantis is infinitely better than Trump, for his party and for the country.

I'm saying that if you want independents to vote for your party.....I'd start acting a lot more like Mitt Romney than Donald Trump who's currently spewing on his owned social media platform, yes. You don't need to win over Republicans. In 2020, and 2022 Independents have said.....nah.

Defending Trump? He's a moron.

Again, just total nonsense.

Defending?

Created by the left.

Hollywood, the liberal elite, the reverends, all loved him.

Again. Thanks.

The R acting like Romney, means what? They lose presidencies?

Genius idea?

Defending?

Created by the left.

Hollywood, the liberal elite, the reverends, all loved him.

Again. Thanks.

The R acting like Romney, means what? They lose presidencies?

Genius idea?
You’re right. Do exactly what you’re doing. It’s gonna work out great.

You’re right. Do exactly what you’re doing. It’s gonna work out great.

Your deep concern for the fate of conservatives will be noted.

Along with the Raiders concern for the Broncos

The Eagles concern for the Cowboys

The Utes concern for BYU.

Keep voting lib in Utah, it's working out ?

Your deep concern for the fate of conservatives will be noted.

Along with the Raiders concern for the Broncos

The Eagles concern for the Cowboys

The Utes concern for BYU.

Keep voting lib in Utah, it's working out ?
Keep doing what you’re doing hossblur. It’s gonna work.

Why don’t you instead prove that all these fraudulent votes that change the outcome exist? The burden of proof lies on you. And Roe had a good sized impact for sure, but the candidates spewing election denying nonsense underperformed in every race. Trump got every legal challenge possible, and lost every single one of them. Joe Biden won. And when people see a parties extremist candidates denying that reality they get a side eye and a bubble filled out for the Democrat who they may not like, but they at least believe can see reality. Stacy Abraham’s also lost btw, not every election denier is a Republican.
Watch 2000 mules dumb ****! And you’ll still deny it because you hate him so bad and your pride will be wounded to admit it. Just like you can’t admit your triple vaxed ass doesn’t regret getting jabbed. You’re a big government boot licker that does what your told.

I sorta have to agree with this one hoss (other than the tone)…..his lawyers are in court right now trying to prove otherwise.

I sorta have to agree with this one hoss (other than the tone)…..his lawyers are in court right now trying to prove otherwise.

No one said leave.

I just don't get the mindset.

Like dudes who hate their job, let it make them miserable, yet show up 40 years.

There are plenty of places, your state included, run by libs, that aren't old fashioned and restricted that a guy could live and not suffer the aggravation of having to deal with backwards folks like we have here running things.

I don't understand why put up with it.

There's another dude up in Wyoming who spews the same kind of lib nonsense, yet hides in Wyoming where he safe from the consequences of his views.

It's almost as if the don't really believe what they say

No one said leave.

I just don't get the mindset.

Like dudes who hate their job, let it make them miserable, yet show up 40 years.

There are plenty of places, your state included, run by libs, that aren't old fashioned and restricted that a guy could live and not suffer the aggravation of having to deal with backwards folks like we have here running things.

I don't understand why put up with it.

There's another dude up in Wyoming who spews the same kind of lib nonsense, yet hides in Wyoming where he safe from the consequences of his views.

It's almost as if the don't really believe what they say
I was speaking specifically about your assertion that trump is an ordinary citizen. Just helping to fine tune your argument with positive feedback (y)

I have to drive a subaru and wear patagucci to blend in around here. But they’ll never know the real me ;) :ROFLMAO:

Watch 2000 mules dumb ****! And you’ll still deny it because you hate him so bad and your pride will be wounded to admit it. Just like you can’t admit your triple vaxed ass doesn’t regret getting jabbed. You’re a big government boot licker that does what your told.
I'm a Republican who voted for Trump and would vote for Desantis or Trump next time. I think 2000 Mules was a bunch of bs myself. Trump lost the election. Nothing more to say on that.

I was speaking specifically about your assertion that trump is an ordinary citizen. Just helping to fine tune your argument with positive feedback (y)

I have to drive a subaru and wear patagucci to blend in around here. But they’ll never know the real me ;) :ROFLMAO:
Good thinking, no one suspects a lesbian of being a redneck?

It's the same in every Trump topic. He is simultaneously the smartest and dumbest man on the planet.

He's playing 5d chess and checkers

He is the republican party yet lost the election.

The myth of Trump is created and fortified by the left.

Oneye will tell you he "controls 30-35% of the republican party". Now I'm no math major, but that means he doesn't control 65-70%. Or, what most folks call a majority.

He'll tell you how Mike Lee chased Trump's endorsement, yet, then ran away from it in the same sentence. So, which is it? Trump's endorsement is the golden ticket, or the mark of death?

Like everything else Trump, the left tries to make it both, at the same time.

Here's the simple reality. People like Trump because he'll get in the gutter with the left. He'll act like they act, say the things they say. We watched the left tell the country Mitt Romney was a racist, and sexist, and the good little cuck wouldn't stand up for himself, and lost a Presidency he was winning because of it.

It's not some svengali affect. It's not some mass hypnosis, or cult. It's seeing someone stand up and return fire.

To be fair. If Ron Desantis wants to be President, he will get attacked. But NOTHING Trump will say will match what the libs will say, and do.

You're hilarious. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, keep doing it all the same wstrntines. You did great this election cycle. I have no problem with that continuing. Seriously, keep going!

I'm a Republican who voted for Trump and would vote for Desantis or Trump next time. I think 2000 Mules was a bunch of bs myself. Trump lost the election. Nothing more to say on that.
People like yourself are people who are worth having a conversation with. As for people like @wstrntines I just feel bad how duped they've been by a total con artist who is currently attacking Republican after Republican on his social media. I'll vote for DeSantis in the primary. Donald Trump is bad for the Republican party, and bad for America. We can't go through this endless cycle where if you win an election it was fair, if you lose it was stolen.

Good thinking, no one suspects a lesbian of being a redneck?

It's the same in every Trump topic. He is simultaneously the smartest and dumbest man on the planet.

He's playing 5d chess and checkers

He is the republican party yet lost the election.

The myth of Trump is created and fortified by the left.

Oneye will tell you he "controls 30-35% of the republican party". Now I'm no math major, but that means he doesn't control 65-70%. Or, what most folks call a majority.
Sure, but that 35% can get you through a primary with 6 candidates people are voting for, just like he already did in 2016. A majority don't like him, I agree, but he has enough to get through a primary. Primaries are some of the worst parts of our politics, they incentivize extremism, especially when they are closed primaries.
He'll tell you how Mike Lee chased Trump's endorsement, yet, then ran away from it in the same sentence. So, which is it? Trump's endorsement is the golden ticket, or the mark of death?
Mike Lee voted for McMullin, then called him Captain Moroni, then totally ignored his endorsements once election day started approaching. I'm just following Lee's path which changed every 5 minutes with the dude. And yes, Mike Lee DID work to try and overturn the 2020 election.
Like everything else Trump, the left tries to make it both, at the same time.
That's nice, I'll vote for DeSantis in the primary to get rid of him.
Here's the simple reality. People like Trump because he'll get in the gutter with the left. He'll act like they act, say the things they say. We watched the left tell the country Mitt Romney was a racist, and sexist, and the good little cuck wouldn't stand up for himself, and lost a Presidency he was winning because of it.
And that's why Trump was elected, I agree. But then people saw....oh Trump really is all those things....and have since backlashed back at it.
It's not some svengali affect. It's not some mass hypnosis, or cult. It's seeing someone stand up and return fire.
Trump definitely has a cult following. Not everyone who votes for him is a part of it, but there's people who think he's God.
To be fair. If Ron Desantis wants to be President, he will get attacked. But NOTHING Trump will say will match what the libs will say, and do.
True, but Trump attacking DeSantis right now is extremely politically stupid for both he and his party.

Last edited:
People like yourself are people who are worth having a conversation with. As for people like @wstrntines I just feel bad how duped they've been by a total con artist who is currently attacking Republican after Republican on his social media. I'll vote for DeSantis in the primary. Donald Trump is bad for the Republican party, and bad for America. We can't go through this endless cycle where if you win an election it was fair, if you lose it was stolen.

I agree.

You'd think the goal would be to have voting and results ASAP.

Yet, here we sit, waiting for the same places, election after election failing to publish results. Coincidentally, it's the D areas that struggle.

Harris county Texas
Maricopa Arizona
California

Failing once, happens. Failing twice, incompetence. The third, forth, fifth times, is a plan.

I agree.

You'd think the goal would be to have voting and results ASAP.

Yet, here we sit, waiting for the same places, election after election failing to publish results. Coincidentally, it's the D areas that struggle.
Coincidentally there's a lot more people living in those areas and they have a lot more ballots to certify and count. Sevier County has like 5,000 votes to certify and count. Salt Lake County has hundreds of thousands. Same in every state. Yes. Counting more votes......takes more time. BTW it's the process Republicans have asked for on these ballots that make counting them take so long. You want signatures verified or not?

Sure, but that 35% can get you through a primary with 6 candidates people are voting for, just like he already did in 2016. A majority don't like him, I agree, but he has enough to get through a primary. Primaries are some of the worst parts of our politics, they incentivize extremism, especially when they are closed primaries.

Mike Lee called him voted for McMullin, then called him Captain Moroni, then totally ignored his endorsements once election day started approaching. I'm just following Lee's path which changed every 5 minutes with the dude. And yes, Mike Lee DID work to try and overturn the 2020 election.

That's nice, I'll vote for DeSantis in the primary to get rid of him.

And that's why Trump was elected, I agree. But then people saw....oh Trump really is all those things....and have since backlashed back at it.

Trump definitely has a cult following. Not everyone who votes for him is a part of it, but there's people who think he's God.

True, but Trump attacking DeSantis right now is extremely politically stupid for both he and his party.

Because my memory hasn't faded shall I quote Obama's acceptance speech in front of Greek columns where he talked about racism had now ended and the seas quit rising? Or shall I sing the Obama anthem? Or maybe, I'll just count the number of Kennedy's the libs have elected in 4 decades when "cult" is brought up.

My son and all his buddies have Trump flags. They wear the shirts, hats.

Not because they are a cult, but as a F*** You to the status quo. The left at one time was into rebellion, now they are the man.

It's not good for the Party, true. But Trump wasn't good for "the party".

He was a hand grenade to the party. The backroom, back scratch crew. "The party", propped up Murkowski.

Wrong or right, he made "the party" pick a side. We got to see Romney true self. McConnell's actually loyalty.

40 years of listening to "the party" attack Roe, fund raise it. Trump gets judges who will actually do it and Murkowski VOTES AGAINST Cavanaugh, and "the party" rewards her with support.

"The party" IS THE PROBLEM.

The Romney, Graham, Christie, McConnell, McCarthy types who give wonderful speeches, then hide from their shadows are the problem.

I think Trump has gone off the deep end.

He foolishly believed all "the party" needed was a leader to take it to battle.

Then, much like William Wallace found out, "the party" was fine selling him out for title and money. I think it may have snapped him.

Or, better yet, PERHAPS we should all agree, if you can draw SS, you shouldn't be leading the country,

Coincidentally there's a lot more people living in those areas and they have a lot more ballots to certify and count. Sevier County has like 5,000 votes to certify and count. Salt Lake County has hundreds of thousands. Same in every state. Yes. Counting more votes......takes more time. BTW it's the process Republicans have asked for on these ballots that make counting them take so long. You want signatures verified or not?

Florida counted the entire state in a day. One Arizona county is looking at a week.

Harris county is the ONLY Texas county that hasn't reported.

It's not the process the R wants. The R wants VOTING DAY. The D wants 50 days(Pennsylvania), or ballot harvesting, or drop boxes, etc.

Because my memory hasn't faded shall I quote Obama's acceptance speech in front of Greek columns where he talked about racism had now ended and the seas quit rising? Or shall I sing the Obama anthem? Or maybe, I'll just count the number of Kennedy's the libs have elected in 4 decades when "cult" is brought up.

My son and all his buddies have Trump flags. They wear the shirts, hats.

Not because they are a cult, but as a F*** You to the status quo. The left at one time was into rebellion, now they are the man.
As I said, not everyone who supports Trump is part of his cult, it's the ones posting pictures with Trump edited into photos with Jesus wrapping his arms around him, who think he's the worlds savior, traveling around the country to his rallies, and would vote for him even if he shot someone.
It's not good for the Party, true. But Trump wasn't good for "the party".

He was a hand grenade to the party. The backroom, back scratch crew. "The party", propped up Murkowski.

Wrong or right, he made "the party" pick a side. We got to see Romney true self. McConnell's actually loyalty.
What to being good for the country, instead of divisive and tearing it apart at the very foundation?
40 years of listening to "the party" attack Roe, fund raise it. Trump gets judges who will actually do it and Murkowski VOTES AGAINST Cavanaugh, and "the party" rewards her with support.
Murkowski's constituents likely largely didn't want her voting for judges to overturn Roe v Wade. As you've stated above it was also a big issue on the ballot, maybe they're just voting in the interest of their constituents?
"The party" IS THE PROBLEM.

The Romney, Graham, Christie, McConnell, McCarthy types who give wonderful speeches, then hide from their shadows are the problem.
Okay. America as a whole likes them more. As I put above, better to be out of touch, than out of your mind.
I think Trump has gone off the deep end.
Trump was always off the deep end. The Republican party just supported him until he started costing them something, like this midterm.
He foolishly believed all "the party" needed was a leader to take it to battle.

Then, much like William Wallace found out, "the party" was fine selling him out for title and money. I think it may have snapped him.
Or maybe the Party just realizes that probably 35% of the country loves him, 45% of the country hates him, and 20% are tired of him, so it's a losing battle not to toss him aside. Obviously I'm pulling those numbers out of my ass, but I'm just using the %'s Ben Shapiro threw out there in his show the day after midterms.

Florida counted the entire state in a day. One Arizona county is looking at a week.
Harris county is the ONLY Texas county that hasn't reported.
Okay, so in Arizona it is a time-table of when ballots have to be sent to accepted, and the signature verification process. Different states do run elections differently, and yes the Republican legislature in Arizona put the process there in place. Utah is still counting to, we just aren't in a national spotlight.
It's not the process the R wants. The R wants VOTING DAY. The D wants 50 days(Pennsylvania), or ballot harvesting, or drop boxes, etc.
That's not what "R"s want, that's what you want. Plenty of Republicans support mail in voting. Voting should be made easy and so the greatest amount of citizens can vote. Suppressing the number of people who vote would certainly benefit your ideals, but I'd rather see as many of my fellow Americans vote as would like to and it not be a huge inconvenience.

As I said, not everyone who supports Trump is part of his cult, it's the ones posting pictures with Trump edited into photos with Jesus wrapping his arms around him, who think he's the worlds savior, traveling around the country to his rallies, and would vote for him even if he shot someone.

What to being good for the country, instead of divisive and tearing it apart at the very foundation?

Murkowski's constituents likely largely didn't want her voting for judges to overturn Roe v Wade. As you've stated above it was also a big issue on the ballot, maybe they're just voting in the interest of their constituents?

Okay. America as a whole likes them more. As I put above, better to be out of touch, than out of your mind.

Trump was always off the deep end. The Republican party just supported him until he started costing them something, like this midterm.

Or maybe the Party just realizes that probably 35% of the country loves him, 45% of the country hates him, and 20% are tired of him, so it's a losing battle not to toss him aside. Obviously I'm pulling those numbers out of my ass, but I'm just using the %'s Ben Shapiro threw out there in his show the day after midterms.

First. Ted Kennedy DID KILL SOMEONE. So let's stop with the fantasy about cult following Trump "if" he did kill someone, the left ran a Kennedy for President, and the D voted for him.

Second. I listen to Ben. I've listened to Ben since he was on Micheal Medved. He's an R. But also a never Trumper, so like you, his "stand" is tainted.

What got more R ideas into practice. Romney losing to Obama, or Trump winning?

I say this as a guy who won't support him if he does run because he's too old. But I'm well aware the same D telling us Trump is Satan, said the same of Romney, McCain, Bush.

They are the same who now celebrate a Cheney.

The left, simply wants to win elections. They will do it with Dimentia Joe, Stroke Fetterman, or dead Pennsylvania rep. They understand that sitting on the sidelines does nothing.

The R, are obsessed with optics. Much more important to lose with dignity than win. Mean texts are much more upsetting than open borders. Bad words much more upsetting than their kid dying of overdose. Loudness is more upsetting than nuke war in Russia.

That's why we lose. We let the media convince us that it's better to become a weak, socialist nation, than fight back.

Losing politely is still losing

That's not what "R"s want, that's what you want. Plenty of Republicans support mail in voting. Voting should be made easy and so the greatest amount of citizens can vote. Suppressing the number of people who vote would certainly benefit your ideals, but I'd rather see as many of my fellow Americans vote as would like to and it not be a huge inconvenience.
Yep- i'm an R and use mail in voting. But Hoss is kinda right- we don't like the days/weeks it drags on after election day.

They could EASILY solve that by have 5X more folks validating ballots and entering them into the counters.

Florida has mail in voting. They seem quite capable of counting them all right away.

First. Ted Kennedy DID KILL SOMEONE. So let's stop with the fantasy about cult following Trump "if" he did kill someone, the left ran a Kennedy for President, and the D voted for him.

Second. I listen to Ben. I've listened to Ben since he was on Micheal Medved. He's an R. But also a never Trumper, so like you, his "stand" is tainted.
What got more R ideas into practice. Romney losing to Obama, or Trump winning?
Idk, morals>selling them for politics. Trump would have lost to Obama if it was him he was running against imo. Obama was probably one of the top 3 best politicians of all time.
I say this as a guy who won't support him if he does run because he's too old. But I'm well aware the same D telling us Trump is Satan, said the same of Romney, McCain, Bush.
Agreed, they're right about Trump. Wrong about the others, and will be over their ski's when they try to do it to DeSantis too.
They are the same who now celebrate a Cheney.
Cheney made a show of it. I think Cheney went a bit far.
The left, simply wants to win elections. They will do it with Dimentia Joe, Stroke Fetterman, or dead Pennsylvania rep. They understand that sitting on the sidelines does nothing.
Says more about your party that can't beat those candidates than it does about them tbh.
The R, are obsessed with optics. Much more important to lose with dignity than win. Mean texts are much more upsetting than open borders. Bad words much more upsetting than their kid dying of overdose. Loudness is more upsetting than nuke war in Russia.
Alright don't focus on optics, you're losing on Independents, not partisan Republicans. If Republicans can't vote for reasonable candidates in the primaries, expect moderates and independents to continue punishing you in the generals.
That's why we lose. We let the media convince us that it's better to become a weak, socialist nation, than fight back.

Losing politely is still losing
Well.....you're losing because of a loud mouth, self aggrandizing POS right now in spite of all R's had going for them this year. So lose/lose I guess?

You'll enjoy this, I laughed lol.

Yep- i'm an R and use mail in voting. But Hoss is kinda right- we don't like the days/weeks it drags on after election day.

They could EASILY solve that by have 5X more folks validating ballots and entering them into the counters.

Florida has mail in voting. They seem quite capable of counting them all right away.
I don't disagree with you. Arizona and Nevada are getting lambasted from the left and right for how long this is taking. It's not just R's frustrated with the length of time here.

Accept for the military they can screw mail in voting. If it doesn’t matter enough to personally go to a controlled voting facility, you don’t care enough to have a say in who’s making decisions for you. That includes everyone but for off shore soldiers…….. period.

Too sick, off shore employed, home bounded, etc etc, I don’t care, it’s clearly too risky to allowed waivers. Too much at stake, to give those who can’t prove personal identification, at a one on one, in your presence vote.

You want public confidence in the system, go back to a system that ensures proof of legitimacy……. anything less and you have guaranteed mistrust, from any side that looses…… that’s a guaranteed.

IMO, of course, your experience may provide different results….

Accept for the military they can screw mail in voting. If it doesn’t matter enough to personally go to a controlled voting facility, you don’t care enough to have a say in who’s making decisions for you. That includes everyone but for off shore soldiers…….. period.
Utterly and totally ridiculous. I work 55 hours a week, and can fill out a mail in ballot and be every bit as patriotic as someone who stands in line, and deserve every bit as much for my voice to be heard as anyone who goes to a polling place. Sorry, but what an anti-democracy mindset. You want low turnout, so less people vote, and your unpopular ideas win. No.
Too sick, off shore employed, home bounded, etc etc, I don’t care, it’s clearly too risky to allowed waivers. Too much at stake, to give those who can’t prove personal identification, at a one on one, in your presence vote.

You want public confidence in the system, go back to a system that ensures proof of legitimacy……. anything less and you have guaranteed mistrust, from any side that looses…… that’s a guaranteed.

Come up with better candidates and policies that are more appealing to voters, instead of trying to take peoples votes away.

I understand the sentiment. They have it here, so I use it.

Clearly there is more opportunity for cheating the system without personal validation in the booth...

I understand the sentiment. They have it here, so I use it.

Clearly there is more opportunity for cheating the system without personal validation in the booth...
Yes……. But just cuz there is, is no excuse to ignore the obvious. Fix each as it shows itself. And don’t wait until it’s a constitutional right before you fix it!

This will make it harder for rural folks and senior citizens to vote. Ponder the implications of that for a minute.

This will make it harder for rural folks and senior citizens to vote. Ponder the implications of that for a minute.
I have. It’s not that we haven’t done it before. When I get too rural and too senior to vote…….. I shouldn’t vote. Most will get there if that’s the only choice. When I’m house bound, I’m out of the system. No skin in the game, no game, as far as I’m concerned. Crazy, I know!

I have. It’s not that we haven’t done it before. When I get too rural and too senior to vote…….. I shouldn’t vote. Most will get there if that’s the only choice. When I’m house bound, I’m out of the system. No skin in the game, no game, as far as I’m concerned. Crazy, I know!
Up until 10 years ago or so, we had a local polling station here at the fire station. That was an easy 7 mi drive. Now I would have to drive 25 miles (1 way) to vote.

I stand by my assertion that your proposal would hurt the very folks that the people on this board say are being silenced by the left.

And who do you think will get their polling place first, inner city democrats or right wing gun nuts living in the sticks?

Frankly I’m surprised rural America hasn’t already been silenced this way.

Sorry but yikes. If you’re too rural or old you shouldn’t vote? You realize that the younger someone is the more they break for Democrats right? I’m not sure you’ll get the result you’re thinking you’ll get given this approach to things.

Blue, one of my problems is making assumptions. Also, I have a problem thinking that something may or many not work because of how things are now.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

Here’s an example.

If you remember what I said, you’ll know I didn’t say we should or would leave everything as it is now, to require a person to vote in person, with valid identification, but for over off shore military.

You said 10 years ago you drove 7 miles, now you have to drive 25.

Why?

After they started allowing mail in voting, it made sense to just have you mail your vote rather than have to man a lot of voting locations. Convenient for you and for the county, but we’ve learned some people have abused the change. So…… change causes change. If mail in voting is causing mistrust, we can and should change again, we can’t and shouldn’t expect people to drive 25 miles, we can add back more walk in voting locations. We changed it before, we will change it again. Bottom line, it’s broke, fix it, or suffer the consequences. Your life experience knows that’s true.

It will only hurts the folks if the system doesn’t change, throughout…….the same as they did when they changed to the current system.

“And who do you think will get their polling place first, inner city democrats or right wing gun nuts living in the sticks?”

I’m not smart enough to understand this question. It should happen at the same time, if the country does its job but what do I know.

Rural America has been already been silenced. This map proves it. The red has had no voice for 45 years, by design. It’s the 80/20 rule and nobodies kidding anybody about the tail waging the dog.

1668217483902.jpeg

Blue, one of my problems is making assumptions. Also, I have a problem thinking that something may or many not work because of how things are now.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

Here’s an example.

If you remember what I said, you’ll know I didn’t say we should or would leave everything as it is now, to require a person to vote in person, with valid identification, but for over off shore military.

You said 10 years ago you drove 7 miles, now you have to drive 25.

Why?

After they started allowing mail in voting, it made sense to just have you mail your vote rather than have to man a lot of voting locations. Convenient for you and for the county, but we’ve learned some people have abused the change. So…… change causes change. If mail in voting is causing mistrust, we can and should change again, we can’t and shouldn’t expect people to drive 25 miles, we can add back more walk in voting locations. We changed it before, we will change it again. Bottom line, it’s broke, fix it, or suffer the consequences. Your life experience knows that’s true.

It will only hurts the folks if the system doesn’t change, throughout…….the same as they did when they changed to the current system.

“And who do you think will get their polling place first, inner city democrats or right wing gun nuts living in the sticks?”

I’m not smart enough to understand this question. It should happen at the same time, if the country does its job but what do I know.

Rural America has been already been silenced. This map proves it. The red has had no voice for 45 years, by design. It’s the 80/20 rule and nobodies kidding anybody about the tail waging the dog.

View attachment 93107
This map proves that where most people live is blue, and where less people live is red. This map represents land, not people.

I'm curious which policies did the dead dude in Pennsylvania convey that lead to his election?

Was it just coincidence that Fetterman didn't want a debate until early voting had happened for a month?

Oneye would have folks believe this crap started with Trump. It didn't. The D accused McCain of being a Russian agent. They accused Romney of being a sexist racist.

They are currently calling for Elon Musk to be investigated as a Chinese spy.

The same people that "educate" us about Trump, think food comes from the store, bandanas stop viruses, and plugging an electric car into a fossil fuel fed power plant saves the climate

The left has so severely dumbed down their base, they believe baby's come out of penises. It's not shocking that voter base, elects dead dudes. And no amount of Mitt Romney can counter that.

We live in 2 America's. 1 produces and creates everything. The other creates pronouns and sues for litter boxes in schools. Unfortunately, those people congregate, and get to dictate to normal America.

That ain't Trump's fault. Nor Desantis. The gene pool got watered down, the schools dumbed it further, and big daddy government incentivized it to buy votes for dimentia patients.

We are a rapidly descending country. Votes for dead guys, just prove it.

I'm curious which policies did the dead dude in Pennsylvania convey that lead to his election?

Was it just coincidence that Fetterman didn't want a debate until early voting had happened for a month?

Oneye would have folks believe this crap started with Trump. It didn't. The D accused McCain of being a Russian agent. They accused Romney of being a sexist racist.

They are currently calling for Elon Musk to be investigated as a Chinese spy.

The same people that "educate" us about Trump, think food comes from the store, bandanas stop viruses, and plugging an electric car into a fossil fuel fed power plant saves the climate

The left has so severely dumbed down their base, they believe baby's come out of penises. It's not shocking that voter base, elects dead dudes. And no amount of Mitt Romney can counter that.

We live in 2 America's. 1 produces and creates everything. The other creates pronouns and sues for litter boxes in schools. Unfortunately, those people congregate, and get to dictate to normal America.

That ain't Trump's fault. Nor Desantis. The gene pool got watered down, the schools dumbed it further, and big daddy government incentivized it to buy votes for dimentia patients.

We are a rapidly descending country. Votes for dead guys, just prove it.
Okay. Keep catering to the absolute insane base, and independents and moderates won’t vote for you. Don’t cater to base by stating insane garbage, and you’ll lose them. If you can’t convince your base to vote for reasonable candidates that’s on you. Btw, I’m very much moderate. I’d never vote for an AOC. I’d never vote for Trump. I’ve voted for Republicans, Democrats, and third parties about every election cycle. If your party continues to try to appease your base, instead of reason, I won’t vote for them. I voted for Huntsman in the last primary here and Cox in the general. If you can’t convince the base to embrace reason, then you’ll continue to lose. Enjoy the minority in the Senate when Republicans had everything going for them.

“We’ll take out of touch, over out of their mind”…..is the best statement Republicans can take from this election. If they don’t take that message, good luck.

Stop denying elections. Stop attacking people who don’t fit into the straight, white, Christian guys narrow mindset. This time conservatives are attacking single women for them losing…..attacking more and more people…is not going to win elections. Immigrants, racism, etc…..stop looking for a boogey man and fake conspiracy theories and start giving Americans real policies and problem solving.

Keep believing some of that garbage, a lot of Americans just think the GOP has gone absolutely insane. Good luck. Americans were basically begging Republicans to give them reasons to break their way, and they decided “I hate $5 a gallon gas, but my God those people are insane”.

Mike Lee’s main selling point “I’m a Republican, we need a Republican majority in the Senate”….so much for that….enjoy no voice in the Senate and getting nothing from your Senator Utah. Congrats. His “no” vote doesn’t even have any power.

Oneye
You telling me moderates voted for a dead guy or moderates voted for a guy that can not form a complete sentence.
The fact is society is getting dumbed down and at the same time the democratic party is handing out free money. The main stream media will not tell the truth on any stories that are negative for the dems or positive for the repubs.
This is all a perfect storm when you include mail in voting of voters that would be normally too lazy and too inept to get out and vote.
Blue,
Don't use rural voters as excuses for mail in voting. Rural voting percentage has always out performed inner-city.

Oneye
You telling me moderates voted for a dead guy or moderates voted for a guy that can not form a complete sentence.
The fact is society is getting dumbed down and at the same time the democratic party is handing out free money. The main stream media will not tell the truth on any stories that are negative for the dems or positive for the repubs.
The part of society who is dumb, is the part of society who denies free and fair elections ONLY when they don’t win. Moderates will continue voting against it. The difference between Dems and Republicans is Dems still show up for a boring, moderate, mundane Joe Biden. The Republican base is rabidly attached to extremism and won’t show up for a moderate. At some point the base that’s totally out of touch with most Americans has to come to reason, or keep losing.
This is all a perfect storm when you include mail in voting of voters that would be normally too lazy and too inept to get out and vote.
Blue,
Don't use rural voters as excuses for mail in voting. Rural voting percentage has always out performed inner-city.
This was actually a perfect storm for Republicans to way over-perform. Most Americans looked at what they were selling and said you know…no. Especially younger people. Young people look at the GOP and seeing them attack people who they know personally. Just because people don’t fit into your box of “acceptable” doesn’t mean most of America wants to ostracize them. If the GOP doesn’t take a look in the mirror after this disappointment….idk what would make them. Be reasonable. Not ridiculous.

Last edited:
The part of society who is dumb, is the part of society who denies free and fair elections ONLY when they don’t win. Moderates will continue voting against it. The difference between Dems and Republicans is Dems still show up for a boring, moderate, mundane Joe Biden. The Republican base is rabidly attached to extremism and won’t show up for a moderate. At some point the base that’s totally out of touch with most Americans has to come to reason, or keep losing.

This was actually a perfect storm for Republicans to way over-perform. Most Americans looked at what they were selling and said you know…no. Especially younger people. Young people look at the GOP and seeing them attack people who they know personally. Just because people don’t fit into your box of “acceptable” doesn’t mean most of America wants to ostracize them. If the GOP doesn’t take a look in the mirror after this disappointment….idk what would make them. Be reasonable. Not ridiculous.
I swear onenut is the Tristate of politics. ??‍♂️

Oneye
Blue,
I’m a rural voter. I know elderly conservatives in my neighborhood this will create a burden on. First hand boots on the ground.

You would probably believe that if alex jones or trump told you.

You trumpsters have become completely irrational.

Obviously the Ds did vote for some very bad candidates (a dead guy isn't a great legislator I must assume).

But putting aside Oneye's rants about extremism- I call them rants because it's 99% of his talking points- the Rs have problems and they either address them or keep losing elections.

1) Trump is now a loser. I don't mean his policies. His brand is the most polarized in history. Fair, unfair, right, wrong- you choose. But there is no denying that the hatred he garners in the electorate outweighs his strong support in one half of one half on the country. Not to mention that he requires fealty of all. You were required to deny the 2020 election results to garner his support. Period. The majority of people in this country do not believe that, and NEVER will.

2) That election denial stuff is holding Rs back from effectively using existing voting laws to "get out the vote". Example- 2lumpy said he would quit voting once he couldn't make it to the polls. His choice of course- but it's that sentiment that will always take 2-4% of R votes out of the picture- and that alone is enough to lose elections, over and over. The Ds laugh at us- and they do it every time they mail in the ballot.

3) Latinos hold the keys as the biggest block of voters on the fence. But they are not like other blocks of voters who have a largely homogeneous identity. DeSantis figured this out. I'm of the mind that there are a set of core issues that do cut across well- and they are in the Rs platform. The Rs need to do a MUCH better job of recruiting Hispanic leaders into their ranks. And I'm talking leaders that have been through the process of becoming Americans, live near/with the voters, and not just understand what is important, but FEELs it.

Extremism? Sure. Ds have it in spades just like the Rs. But the real issue is that the Ds are better at reaching and motivating the electorate. The Rs have a better platform, but they suck at getting it across.

Obviously the Ds did vote for some very bad candidates (a dead guy isn't a great legislator I must assume).

But putting aside Oneye's rants about extremism- I call them rants because it's 99% of his talking points- the Rs have problems and they either address them or keep losing elections.

1) Trump is now a loser. I don't mean his policies. His brand is the most polarized in history. Fair, unfair, right, wrong- you choose. But there is no denying that the hatred he garners in the electorate outweighs his strong support in one half of one half on the country. Not to mention that he requires fealty of all. You were required to deny the 2020 election results to garner his support. Period. The majority of people in this country do not believe that, and NEVER will.

2) That election denial stuff is holding Rs back from effectively using existing voting laws to "get out the vote". Example- 2lumpy said he would quit voting once he couldn't make it to the polls. His choice of course- but it's that sentiment that will always take 2-4% of R votes out of the picture- and that alone is enough to lose elections, over and over. The Ds laugh at us- and they do it every time they mail in the ballot.

3) Latinos hold the keys as the biggest block of voters on the fence. But they are not like other blocks of voters who have a largely homogeneous identity. DeSantis figured this out. I'm of the mind that there are a set of core issues that do cut across well- and they are in the Rs platform. The Rs need to do a MUCH better job of recruiting Hispanic leaders into their ranks. And I'm talking leaders that have been through the process of becoming Americans, live near/with the voters, and not just understand what is important, but FEELs it.

Extremism? Sure. Ds have it in spades just like the Rs. But the real issue is that the Ds are better at reaching and motivating the electorate. The Rs have a better platform, but they suck at getting it across.
You left out women. For two elections in a row now R’s have tried to ignore them (or in trumps case insult them).

You left out women. For two elections in a row now R’s have tried to ignore them (or in trumps case insult them).
Interesting thought. In the case of women, there is one issue that 60% of women are passionate about, and it is clearly at odds with the R platform. I'm a fiscal conservative, so it bothers me to no end that the Rs cannot let it go- but I accept that it is forever going to be an Achilles' heel.

I get your point on Trump. As for the rest of Rs- how do you think they are ignoring them (beyond the elephant in the room)?

Interesting thought. In the case of women, there is one issue that 60% of women are passionate about, and it is clearly at odds with the R platform. I'm a fiscal conservative, so it bothers me to no end that the Rs cannot let it go- but I accept that it is forever going to be an Achilles' heel.

I get your point on Trump. As for the rest of Rs- how do you think they are ignoring them (beyond the elephant in the room)?
Ask a woman. I’m speaking statistically, but the data is out there.

I don’t think it boils down to just abortion.

I’m gong to be a nit-picky *******…..?

Let’s be extreme for a minute.

Do you support cannibalism as a viable culture norm?

If not, is it the eating of human flesh that you don’t care for, or is it the killing of the human that bothers you?

If both bother you…… I see that as cognitive dissonance, and I can’t ‘let it pass”. A vote for cultural cognitive dissonance doesn’t work for me, even if does for 60% for society. As if killing their off spring isn’t enough, where will they take us from here, gas chambers for ethnicity and the pit falls of the vary possibility of some day having a free thought?

I’m a social conservative , then a fiscal conservative……. I”m more concerned about the culture than I am about my money. A healthy cultures have natural prosperity..,,,,,,, or at least that’s how it’s been throughout recorded history.

It”s not like civilizations haven’t traveled this road previously.

I opened it up- probably shouldn't have :)

I respect your opinion- and I generally share the sentiment. I just don't have as strong of a conviction about it as many in the conservative ranks.

I’m a rural voter. I know elderly conservatives in my neighborhood this will create a burden on. First hand boots on the ground.

You would probably believe that if alex jones or trump told you.

You trumpsters have become completely irrational.
A burden that most are willing to share.
I assume your reasoning that you would need to drive 25 miles to the nearest voting precinct is because you assumed no one would volunteer to man the local voting precinct at the local fire station
Don't wait for others maybe you could volunteer to help man it. That is what rural America has did in the past
You know nothing about me.
I have never heard a word from Alex Jones and Trump I try not to hear what he has to say.

Last edited:
Ask a woman. I’m speaking statistically, but the data is out there.

I don’t think it boils down to just abortion.
Ya made me look! Gender gap (% of women voting for D minus % voting for R) in various elections since 84:

Reagan, 84: 12%
Clinton, 96: 17%
Obama, 08: 13%
Clinton, 16: 13%
Biden, 20: 15%

Not much of a trend. Whatever that reason is, it seems to have been around for 40 years.

I assume your reasoning that you would need to drive 25 miles to the nearest voting precinct is because you assumed no one would volunteer to man the local voting precinct at the local fire station
Don't wait for others maybe you could volunteer to help man it. That is what rural America has did in the past
I have never heard a word from Alex Jones and Trump I try not to hear what he has to say.
My sincere apologies for calling you a trumpster then. It’s certainly a low blow if you aren’t one.

25 miles to the nearest polling place. I can’t say for sure why all the rural polling stations closed. I just assumed it was a result of the more efficient mailing procedure.

I suppose I could volunteer or somehow weasel my way into the machinery of the election commission or whoever administers the elections on behalf of the county, but that wouldn’t make any difference because we AREN’T going back to the stoneage.

I’m quite happy with the process we have. God help us if election integrity depends on partisan volunteers.

Then,God help us……… cuz that’s all it is or ever has been. Integrity….. looking down the barrel of a gun.

Then,God help us……… cuz that’s all it is or ever has been. Integrity….. looking down the barrel of a gun.
I’ve never voted at the barrel of a gun. Your ‘hood sounds a little sketchy.

And you’re right - the morality and the politics of abortion are two different things.

Again oneye did moderates voted for a dead guy and a guy that can not talk complete sentences.
Not getting your point here. Moderates/independents were begging Republicans to give them reasons to vote for them. They didn’t. They continued(and are continuing) the nonsense.
Well, they’re strongly insulting women at the moment over their terrible Tuesday. So another thing R’s should probably…stop.

You’re not getting rid of mail in voting in 2022. You’ll get online voting before you get rid of mail in voting. Move past it, get used to it. It’s not going anywhere. In fact the Utah GOP has been beginning testing of online ballots/voting for a few years now.

You’re not getting rid of mail in voting in 2022. You’ll get online voting before you get rid of mail in voting. Move past it, get used to it. It’s not going anywhere. In fact the Utah GOP has been beginning testing of online ballots/voting for a few years now.
Wisconsin sure did.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom