Mt. Blue Sky

Gadjet

Apparently Mt. Evans (named after Gov. John Evans) was offensive. So after a year long process, it has been renamed Mt. Blue Sky. Now all Coloradoans can sleep at night. Now you know.

Maybe they should start putting “WOKE” before all these stupid name changes.
Therefore “WOKE Mt. Blue Sky”

I’m not sure why we re name and tear down statues. My kids generations version of history is going to look a lot different.

This was a Biden thing….

Oh no it was started long before Biden.... I moved out of Colorado 5 years ago and they were pushing for it then...

But dont worry now the Natives will have happy complete lives and not struggle at all. I mean what else could possibly stand in their ways... We got rid of redskins, indians, and more and now we named a mountain blue sky. That means all the poverty, drugs, sex trafficking, low education, disease should be solved...

Maybe we should start registering these mountains in the National Register of Historic Places along with a story about how throughout time they never discriminated against anyone/thing, and how they were always so kind and beautiful... ?‍♂️

Of all the woke bs going on mt blue sky is not a big deal to me. Sure energy could be better spent somewhere else. But the mountain had a name before evans that was probably cooler

I dont have a damn thing against john gunnison but the eagle tail river is a way better name for the river

Of all the woke bs going on mt blue sky is not a big deal to me. Sure energy could be better spent somewhere else. But the mountain had a name before evans that was probably cooler

I dont have a damn thing against john gunnison but the eagle tail river is a way better name for the river
Yeah not sure why they didn’t use the native name if they were renaming it even if it meant blue sky probably sounded cooler… but don’t dig too deep. You will soon find a lot of the tribes were really down with slavery, mass murder, mass rape… ect…

lot of the tribes were really down with slavery, mass murder, mass rape… ect…

Well yeah they were humans
[/QUOTE]
This the the truth… which is why we shouldn’t be judging them based on our 2020’s views and lifestyles. My boss is Souix and we talk a lot about the western frontier, would have been wild times to be alive but so much more complex than what it gets boiled down to so often.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom