Muzzy Rain

ICMDEER

Very Active Member
Looks to me like it is a tough year to have a quality muzz license. With all of the rain that has fallen, has the weather made the hunting tougher and reduced the level of success? (I'm talking muzz deer season.)

I'm turning my tag back in. I don't know if it's the weather that's made the deer disappear or the fact that we just don't have that many deer in some areas of Colorado. I think the lions are eating all our deer the CPW personnel have their heads in the sand and can't see it or they just don't want to acknowledge it. Lion sightings are a common occurrence anymore and we even had one in town this summer that had to be captured and taken away.

It's definitely hurt my bow hunt especially with all the road closures, etc. Since it rolled in heavy early this week I've been out twice and have not seen much of anything let alone hear any bugling. It should be good for the muzzy guys if it ever breaks tho.

It's much dryer in western Colorado the last few days. At least the woods will be quiet for the muzzy guys.

I think coyotes are a bigger factor in the deer population than lions. Pretty hard to recruit deer when a high percentage of the fawns are getting munched. JMO

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-13 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]Seriously... What could be better than hunting in the rain. I have never understood how people can not be excited about cool weather. The quiet in the woods. The sound of the rain to cover you sound etc. Man up and go hunt. The deer are out there rain or shine...

My brothers are up there right now

I would have given my left nut to hunt deer this year

MY LEFT NUT

:usa:

Well, combine rain with fog, wind and no visibilty and above 11,000 feet in area with cliffs not a good combination. We are simply unable to hunt at times like this. We have delayed our departure this year and it hurts. Not sure how deep the creek crossings are either, as there has been flood warnings. Will be completely soaked going in, but a good camp to dry out in.

Two years ago, the first day with sun was five days into hunt. We hunted in snow and sleet and rain, my boots were on there last legs so I had wet feet all the time and wet pants. And then CVA Wolf would not lock the hammer back in place when I wanted to take a shot at a good buck.

Not sure what to do about this weather an our opportunities or lack thereof. Bucks hanging unbelievably high.

Don't see many deer in this unit, but I did see a lot of rain and a bitter snow storm 1st day of ML that drove me down to tree line. The elk were still bugleing in the snow and fog. The rain did hurt my morale, but not the hunt.

3149p1020885.jpg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom