My Antelope Pedestal is Finished!!!!

PJHntr

The guys at Imperial Taxidermy in Santa Fe, NM hooked it up and did a fantastic job on my antelope mount. I built the pedestal myself and am very proud of how the finished product came out.

4932490antelope_1_resized.jpg

9536492antelope1.jpg

37607541antelope7.jpg

83205543antelope2.jpg

54563662antelope_nose.jpg

36781906antelope_eye.jpg

PJHntr,

That turned out fantastic. Congratulations on a great buck. Did Vince or Paul do the mount for you ?

Your pedestal looks great as well. Are you interested in getting into the pedestal building business ? Did you plane that barn wood down a little before putting your pedestal together ?

PJ very nice mount! Interested also in the pedestal work and what does the back side of the mount look like? Did they do leather work or use antelope hide?

Still waiting on my Antelope Pedestal Mount too but mine will have two (2) Bucks on it from last year, a NV Buck and a WY Buck.
He told me that it would be this fall before it would be ready so I am not pushing him on the project. I showed him a pic of the type Pedestal I wanted so a friend of his is making it then he would finish the double pose.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

Hntr, I just registered after about two years of watching this web site to tell you that this has got to be the best mount I have ever seen! I have sent you a PM with some questions if you don't mind. Thanks, klehunter.

I think the guys are sugar coating it a little, the mount is ok but its not great by any means, it looks like the taxidermist just pulled the cape over the form and called it good. A little clay to bring out the muscle tone goes a long way to bringing the mount to life

I don't see any "muscle tone" in the field photo? Why would you ruin an exceptional mount with "muscle tone." How about an example of what you are talking about.

I know these guys and they do excellent work. I have been over there once or twice and they have a top notch operation. They also do some of the best work in the southwest..
Ron in AZ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom