My wifes Utah deer hunt

MTQuivers

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-09 AT 02:37PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-09 AT 02:34?PM (MST)

Well last year for the first time ever I got my wonderful wife to go out deer hunting with me. She only agreed to one morning of hunting in exchange for lasik eye surgery. Long story short in her one morning hunt she shot a 174" 5 by 5 on a general deer tag.
This year I did not have to "pay" her to go but once again she only had one morning to hunt. She was leaving to go to Denver with her mom and sisters the next day so we only had one shot at it again. We woke up at 3:30 drove to our spot and began the hike. I allowed 2 hours for the hike but I was impressed that she did it in 1 1/2 hours. We had to wait for it to get light and she enjoyed snapping a few pictures and watching the sun rise.
4af1f3034ddeb3a8.jpg

4af1f31a4e61a0da.jpg

4af1f33a4eecb274.jpg

My wife is the type that would never let me know she enjoys hunting. Although she has a great attitude about my hunting habits she always jokes that she is not a hunter. Deep down I think she enjoys it more than she will ever let on...For example... as the sun came up we spotted a nice 4 point buck. It was about 350 yards away but it was about to enter the thick pines. She had to act fast. The buck stopped and I got it in the video camera and asked if she was ready to shoot. She said yes but just then the buck stepped forward and was partially covered by a tree. I told her to wait but she insisted she was still on the deer. I finally agreed to let her shoot and then the buck started walking again. She was so mad! (I thought if she doesn't like hunting why would she be mad it moved...this made me smile just a bit.) It finally stopped again just before entering the pines and she got one shot. On the video at home we could see she shot just underneath it and it ran into the pines. We saw lots of other deer that morning but no more shots and we went home empty handed. I could tell she was a bit disappointed but still had a great time and did a great job on a long hike.
I am so proud of her and so grateful that she is so supportive of all of my hunting. Going to multiple states each year on different hunting trips would make the average wife angry but she is so supportive and even went with me on a few other hunts this year. Her and my two boys are flying to Kansas with me on Friday for a 9 day whitetail hunt (her sister lives there and they are going to hang out) it will be alot of fun. I am lucky to be married to a great wife that lets me do the things I love. I can't wait to get to Kansas. i am hoping to get my 6 year old a deer and turkey. (there are no age limits for hunting in Kansas)

Jason Yates
Basin Archery Shop
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com
5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!!!
Discount code = monstermuleys

Very nice picture. Looks like you have a very lovely wife.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

you, my friend, are living in a dream world. dont screw it up.

good luck on all your family hunting adventures!

mshred

I'm not sure what is hotter...a wife/chick/gal/hottie/babe holding a chainsaw or a weapon in her hands? Without a doubt the camo is an instant turn on, but the chainsaw puts her over the top....Maybe that should be a new thread. Thanks for sharing Jason and Jim.

HK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom