Need help finding stolen buck: Northern Utah County

LuckyShot

I am looking for some help from all of you in recovering a mule deer that was stolen from a taxidermist shop in Northern Utah County.
My cousin?s son killed his first mule deer this fall on the Utah Muzzleloader hunt. The buck was a trophy for many reasons. First, as you can see in the photos, it's a 29? perfect 4 point that scored around 175.? As I'm sure you all can appreciate, any kid would be absolutely thrilled to take that kind of a deer as their first buck. Alot of sentimental value with this deer as well.
Unfortunately the buck was stolen from the taxidermist shop in Northern Utah County. Now, his family is trying to either recover the buck and find those responsible for stealing it, or replicate the horns from other antlers/sheds that are similar.
Here?s what we are asking:
1) If any person has information about this deer or those responsible for stealing it, please send me a PM here on Monster Muleys, or call/text his Dad at 801-360-9764. There is a reward being offered by the family for information leading to the recovery of this buck and any information would be greatly appreciated
2) If any of you have a set of antlers or sheds that look similar to this buck, the family would be willing to pay to borrow those antlers to make a mold/replica to give to their son. Your antlers/sheds would be returned to you with much appreciation.
3) We could also use any recommendations on someone in Utah that does a good job with antler replicas.
Again, any information and/or help that could be provided in either the recovery of this deer or for the use of a set of antlers or sheds to make a replica would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Kip

9310stolen_buck_1.jpg

763stolen_buck_2.jpg

It's pathetic that someone thinks that they can profit from taking something like that. Those horns will never mean a fraction to anyone else, compared to what they mean to the owner. We will all keep an eye out. I'd watch ebay, and other online sales sites for someone trying to make a pass them off as theirs. Best of luck.

That sucks, but if replicas are option B...Kohler at 1 435-660-0391 is the only person I would trust. He not only does the best job I have ever seen, but he is fair and honest!!

Dean

Kip, that sucks bad I sure hope they/he is caught and the trophy returned. In the event that it is not, instead of replicating a similar buck, I would be willing to give him this set of sheds that is similar.

Yelum
Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

914268valjr08mount.jpg

I hate thieves more than anything!!! The worst part about having a set of antlers stolen is the fact that they can never be truly replaced!

I know of a guy who killed a 370" bull on unit I am hunting deer on next week. His antlers were stolen out of his garage in Alpine. Apparently they were recovered - so there is hope!!!

It's so strange that in one post, you have a story of pathetic thief who steals something a stranger that he knows has sentimental value, and then you have another human being that does the complete opposite by giving something with sentimental value to a complete stranger. We live a weird place. I wish there were more Yelum's out there.

They're more than welcome to replica off my 28.5" WY buck at no cost. Any good taxi can make it go 29". Has the simialr narly eyeguards too.

4097jakes_111.jpg

1993jakes_2.jpg

A friend of mine who had a few sets of trophy antlers stolen got everything back. There is hope, keep getting the word out let's find the thief and make an example out of him.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Put the offer to buy a set of sheds on KSL Classified Ads, along with your story and your pictures, you'll have a lot more folks, besides hunters, see it and be watching out for it.

Good luck.

DC

I'll look around at some of my deadheads and sheds to see if I have something similar that might work for making a good replica.

That really does suck and I hope you find them.

I second that we need more Yellum's in the world. What a nice offer!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Gents, I am sorry that I havent responded to your posts. I am the Dad of the young hunter that had his horns stolen. I thought Kip had only posted this on the "mule deer" section, and I havent even been checking these posts here on this forum. Yellum it is humbling to think that you would be willing to give your horns to someone you never have met, I agree that there needs to more of you in the world and less DB's who still a set of horns out of someones shop. Don't get me started on how pathetic that is. My cell number is 801-360-9764 if you could touch base we can put a plan together. I would hope that I could make a set of repos and give them back, with no harm done. I am holding out hope that they show up, but not holding my breath. Thanks to all of you for looking out and I will keep everyone posted on what turns up.

"Forkwest" I didn't mean to overlook your offer as well, both your deer and Yellums sheds actually are really close. Your buck may be easier to manipulate in a cast mold but whatever happens, know that your offer is appreciated. If you can touch base with me, we can get together and see if we can make my boys buck come back from the black nowhere. Thanks again

Hey Wasnatch.. kidding..

Take a look at these sheds I have. His forks may be a bit bigger and he isnt quite as wide as your sons buck, but you are welcome to them. I found them last year as a set.

4351image.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom