Nevada 212 sheep

dogdoc

Anyone have any experience in the unit? I was fortunate to draw a tag and am looking forward to a great hunt. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have a lot of experience in 212. Best of luck! But I'm curious, how does a guy from Henderson end up in area 212? Was it your first choice?

Well Bighorn, it's pretty simple, I want to hunt sheep. Yes I have record book rams right in my backyard I know. But that aside, I would rathter hunt now while I'm healthy and can do it. The odds (as you know) on those top end units are pretty steep. I dont mind driving, and have done it for the past 13 years here in NV for elk, deer, and antelope. 212 was actually my 4th choice. As I studied the units, draw odds, average age of rams,hunter success, tag numbers, etc, 212 didn't seem that bad. Especially when you see that 2 years ago they started giving more tags in that unit. That tells me the sheep must be doing ok, which hopefully means I can connect with one. I'm not afraid to hike, glass, etc, and I will do several scouting trips over the next few months. While I have never actually been to the unit, I frequently hunt chukars just south of there. I dont need the biggest or baddest ram, just one that pleases me. I will post pics when it happens. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON May-29-13 AT 04:58PM (MST)[p]Dogdoc, I completely respect your logic. In fact its exactly the same logic I went into the drawings with this year. Clearly I am not the only genious. ;-)

I hope I didn't offend you with my question. I'm just still a little sore at the fact that it didn't work for me too.

I seriously hope you do well. I would love to see pictures as your hunt progresses.
How many points did you have?

No I'm not offended at all. I appreciate the good wishes. Thanks. Now I just have to get in tip top shape. Best to you in your hunts .

Good luck on your hunt. Looks like you did your home work and it worked out. There are a few guys on here that have killed good rams in there. I scored a ram taken in there last year and it netted 162 4/8.

I know someone who also drew that same tag and he is all pumped up from drawning. He lives in Sparks area and will make a few trips down there too before the hunt.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

>Good luck on your hunt. Looks
>like you did your home
>work and it worked out.
>There are a few guys
>on here that have killed
>good rams in there.
>I scored a ram taken
>in there last year and
>it netted 162 4/8.

nvnative..... sssshhhhhh :)

Here is my sheep from 212 last year.
162 4/8

It was a great hunt that I decided to end on opening day. This Ram was one of my top 3 sheep that I saw. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you a few pointers.

8595jakes_sheep.jpg

7952jakes_sheep2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom