New Limited Entry Deer Unit Proposed

nebo12000

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-14 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]The DWR will propose creating an additional new Limited Entry deer unit. It will be the existing North Slope, Summit unit. Also they will be proposing Premium Limited Entry Deer ( able to hunt all three seasons) on all the current Limited Entry units.3% of the permits will be allocated for this new hunt. This is like the Premium Limited Entry Elk permits. The cost of these permits will be the same as the other LE permits for 2015 but the price will increase for the 2016 season. They won't have time to get the approval for the price increase from the legislature for 2015.
All of you need to check out the new proposals and then attend the RAC meetings with your concerns, approvals etc.

I am not very familiar with the unit, but I can see the logic of making it an LE unit if Utah hunters can have more opportunity to hunt the bigger bucks before they migrate into Wyoming. That was one of the arguments in the proposal.

The deer already get hunted for 3 seasons before they migrate into Wyoming. Would this mean a late migration season LE hunt?
If not, I'm missing the logic in having a new LE unit other than to reduce harvest and send even more buck migrating to Wyoming.
Zeke

"If not, I'm missing the logic in having a new LE unit other than to reduce harvest and send even more buck migrating to Wyoming."

Exactly!

Why send more deer into the state that all but assaults hunters on the Crawfords each year for shooting "their" deer?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom