New Mexico Oryx Hunt

wymoosehunter

All,
I am a NR who drew a New Mexico oryx tag on the Stallion Range. My wife drew as well. We had a great hunt in March of this year and everyone was super friendly (to those darn NR's, lol). I focused on getting my wife a oryx, and she had her chances. After missing a couple, I shot one on Sunday so that we could have at least one down for the great eats. She ended up with tag soup, but that is hunting and all in all we had a great time.
I received a lot of good info on what to expect on the hunt from Chris at Compass West and TrapKing. Thanks a bunch guys. If anyone needs any help on Wyoming or Montana hunts, I want to return the favors that were extended to me. I will try and give any of you NM MM'rs as much help as I can. Feel free to pm me.
Keep up the good work. Thanks to Vinihunt as well, he runs perhaps the best forum on MM.

WYMO

Congrats wymoosehunter! Glad to have helped out as much as possible, too bad we couldn't have met face to face. Always nice meeting new faces that share my love for the outdoors! Anyways enjoy NM's finest wild meat and if you ever make it back to NM look me up. Good luck this coming season!

WY

glad u and ur wife had great time! and glad those guys helped as much as can to make ur hunt success..wish ur wife able to harvest one of trophy extoic hunt from NM...hope sometime again in future..with broken horn oryx or on other range..

good luck..

vinihunt

Wymoosehunter, congrats on filling a tag on this hunt. As Chris said, it was a good thing to have harvested. I had a blast on the hunt and am glad you and your wife enjoyed it. Enjoy that eating.

-Cody

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom