New To Nor Cal

derquhart

I recently moved to Roseville, CA and was curious if anyone knows some nice areas just to get out in the hills. No necessarily places to hunt, but at least maybe see some animals, be in the mountains, maybe some fishing. Don't really know anyone in the area so if you have some direction for me I'd appreciate it!

Derek

Just curious, what are your interests??? I lived in Sacto til I was 29 and hunted/fished all year long. Been gone since "89" though.

really just being able to get out in the mountains, see some animals, fish... I always hunt out of state, but if there are some decent areas to check out for hunting that would be great to. Day trips, weekend trips, etc. Just to get out of town some.

Drive east on I-80 to Auburn! Take the Foresthill exit, (121), and drive up to Foresthill.
At Foresthill, you can go straight thru and up as far a China Wall, where the road will probably gated due to snow.
Or, when going thru the small community, turn right just pass the second gas station and go towards French Meadows reservoir. That road will take you down into the Middle Fork of the American River and up Mosquito Ridge. It also will be gated due to snow, just past Flight Strip.
Beautiful, rugged country, but you will probably have to wait til the end of April in order to get up to French Meadows and Hell Hole Reservoirs. Later to get into all the back country!

Places up hiway 50 too. Took a couple of bucks behind Loon lake years ago, South side of the hiway too.

I used to stream fish all the rivers in that country. Get 2-3 miles from a bridge and catch some pretty fish.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom