new utah fees

T

treinwalker

It hasn't happened but was just wondering how many Utah hunters would be for or opposed to a predator managment fee like the one Nevada currently charges of $3.00? The whole idea for this proposition would be to help set up a statewide $20 bounty on the coyotes. With the letter Kaparowitz just issued, the state has issued almost $3 million for managment of the coyotes over the last five years. I am not the smartest but I can do simple math so here it is.
$3 mil divide by 5 = $600,000.00 per year
he claims they killed 1700 coyotes last year alone, so lets use that as our base $600,000.00 divide by 1700 = $352.94 per coyote
if the general public were to kill 1700 coyotes @ $20 per coyote it would cost the state $34,000.00 per year resulting in $170,000 over five years now take into consideration I personally do not belive they would kill this many per year, but if it did, and this is simple math it would be a way more cost effective way to help control the coyote population. I think they are using Obamamathmatics101.It would also be a way to pump more money back into the local economy ie gas stations sporting good stores ect... would you go out more often if you could pickup $20 towards your gas once in a while? so my question is would you be for or against a predator managment fee? If this was something to happen I think we need a seperate account setup for this it would need to be audited quarterly to keep from getting too many hands in the kidde if you know what i mean. Lets hear your feedback

On managing coyotes hunters are not the most cost effective way to go, put a bounty out on coyotes and you get every joe schmo trying to call coyotes not doing anything more than educating them making them near impossible to kill.

Also when they had a bounty out people were stealing red heelers and other dogs that were similar and killing them taking in the ears. Theres always going to be fraud in situations like this.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

People bring them if from out of state as well, you can't tell where a coyote came from once it's dead. I don't think a bounty program is bad, but I know that when they use aerial gunning they can pick and choose specific problem areas to target coyotes i.e. fawning grounds, winter range where animals are concentrated, etc. I would rather pay more money and kill a couple fawn eating coyotes than have bounty hunters kill 20 prairie dog and rabbit eating coyotes. A bounty can be good, but sometimes you need the control and specific targeting ability of aerial gunning. Let's have some of both.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

as far as turning them they would need to bring the whole carcass or hide stretched or not that way no domestics the ones that come in from out of state who cares it is just another dead dog in another state I like to hunt

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom