NFL Football question

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I thought this might be an interesting discussion.:)

The Seattle Seahawks are going to the post season, that's a given. The Seahawks are playing great, especially their defense, and I think they could win their first Super Bowl this year.

They brag about their winning record at home. They also brag about the crowd as being the 12th man on the field.

The stadium is so loud and the Seattle fans are so obnoxiously loud that the opposing team can't hear the plays being called and it's almost impossible for the quarter back to change a play on the line of scrimmage.

Do you think this is fair?

If I was a Seattle fan, I would want my team to win because they are the better team, not because the noise level prevented the other team from playing their game.

A friend of mine, who is a Seattle fan, attended a game this year and said his ears are still ringing and he will not ever go to another game in Seattle.

Eel

Fair who knows but it's allowed. I'm not sure 1 win and 2 losses in their last 3 games is playing great.

2311idiot.jpg

Fair is where you get cotton candy and ride the Ferris wheel. Where was Seattle bragging about this annoying as hell 12th man when they were bottom dwellers.

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-13 AT 04:55PM (MST)[p]Fair? Yes, it's part of the game.

They beat the 9'ers bad at their place early in the season when the 9'er weren't playing that well and had several key players out.

We beat them at the "stick" a few weeks ago.

The 9'ers are playing healthy and seem to be playing better each game while Seattle seems to have already peaked. Right now, i think the 9'ers the better team no matter who's house they play.

edit: the 9'ers suffer from an eighth grade caliber play book for some pass and most of their running plays. They are so predictable and IMO, thatis not only holding them back now, it cost them the Super Bowl last season. Unless you are THAT good, you can't just say, "we are going to run it here, stop us if you can". IMO the niners do that way too much!

Break it up a little, be a bit less predictable, show some originality and keep the other team honest. The 9'ers have a great team, let them Win with it!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-13 AT 05:25PM (MST)[p]Well said Sage. I will really enjoy the 9ers beating the seahawks in the playoffs and watch the reaction of their loud fans, arrogant coach and cocky players.

I tried that once. I fell asleep.

Cheering for your team and against the other team is one thing. It's called home field advantage. It pumps up your team and demoralizes the opponent. Intentionally raising the noise level so that the opposing team can't play is another, IMO.

I also understand that the best way to quiet the crowd is to take an early lead and keep it that way.(if you can call a play)

If you guys don't start agreeing with me, I'm going to take my ball and go home.:)

Eel, the world of the NFL is steroids, reading lips, trick plays, and all manners of deceit.
Part of the game, take any advantage you can get.

Is it fair when Tampa Bay has to play Green Bay when it is -20?

I will agree with you though. Dont want you to take your ball and go home.

9'ers, good example of what i was talking about in my last post above, they killed it with some new and different plays early in the game, 17-0. Then they ran the same ol plays rest of the game... darn near cost them the game.

Could it be that the 9'ers are only playing as well as they have to? Seems like it sometimes. lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

No one in the entire league more cocky than Harbaugh Larrbo...just sayin, he's a total #####

Next time your trying to be slick....Try
being slicker than a 6 year old.

Their offensive line doesn't look very good. Kap is hurried a lot and their running game is really weak lately.I think they will snap out of it though.

Eel

I've been in the Clink many times and I think the noise thing has been blown up by the media. Is it load in there? Yup but so are other places in the league. The 9er fans whine because you got a crappy stadium half full of fruit flys. Has it ever occured to the 9er fans that the reason for the run the ball/simple offense is due to the fact that you have a QB with the football IQ of 4? They may very well win the SB but it won't be because Super Kap is the second coming of Joe Montana. He sucks and is a douche much like his head coach. It's a shame to see what used to be a class organization in the glory days has become with Hardouche at the controls.

When I started this thread it had nothing to do with the 49ers, but your comments are duly noted.:) But I agree Kap is no Montana. He's a lot more mobile though.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom