Non res deer points ?

bullwhacker

Hey guys im wondering what the total number of points a non resident can have in Utah for deer AFTER the 2015 draw ? I went in this draw with 19 for the Henrys , wondering if im in 2nd or 3rd tier ?
Thanks
Kevin

Going into the 2015 draw there were 12 nonresidents with 21 points, 22 people had 20 points and 35 had 19 points. So you are 34 years away from getting into the bonus tag pool for the henry mountains. Then another 35 years to work through your point pool of 19 (going into the draw this year). You are 3rd tier and it is 68 more years to have a guaranteed tag if everything stays to same. With die offs you might cut that wait to 34 years. 2049 is your year for a henry mountains tag!

LAST EDITED ON May-23-15 AT 08:30AM (MST)[p]My UT nonresident deer application is of legal drinking age now! It turned 21 last night. If they don't change the rules and they keep quotas at 1 max points tag per year and I don't tap out early I should get a Henries buck tag.... Someday. I did elk at first and drew.

The Henry's was a general tag. Pansagunt late muzzleloader was the hot ticket then, seasons are earlier now. Then they shut the Henries down and reopened extremely limited. Now nonresidents flood every hunt so drawing out of the max points pool is almost impossible. Later, the Hunt Expo uses tags that really hurt the top nonresident pool. So who knows????? Maybe others are older and will tap out first?

I hear you ElmerFudd, its been so long ago that I dont remember why I didnt start out on the ground floor , but I regret it everytime I look at my points. Im with you, hopeing others tap out first , I play the game in every state . I now have 25 antelope points, 23 sheep in AZ, 22 elk points in Nevada, max sheep points in MT, the list goes on . I have drawn some top tags in my life , I have 5 sheep on the wall , 4 of those are draw tags. I will keep playing the game for now.
Thanks

Kevin

You do get yo the point where you doubt why your still in the game.
Even turn back in a tag because the current quality...however it like Christmas every May!!
We all have to believe in something and it may as well be "that tag"!
Jester

Jester , you are absolutly rite, a bunch of grown poeple like kids at Christmas . If you send enough letters to the man, you may just get your wish . So im gona keep on sending them . lol
Thanks

Kevin

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom