opening morning bull

r270

well it was a fast and furious hunt left the truck about 5:30 walked in the dark for 20 minutes stood in the dark for 20 minutes walked in the light for 10 minutes had a 5x5 bull at 30 yards staring right at me would not present a shot he decided to run off walked another 15 minutes and had a 6x4 walk right in front of me and stopped at 35 yards .I new I hit him a little back so I gave him about 30 minutes then hit the blood trail not a lot at first then it went to less......found him piled up under a pine tree about 75 yard from where i shot him the shot was back but during gutting saw that it sliced the liver game over.it is now 9:03 pm all meat has been packed out and in the cooler it was just a great day never saw another hunter and the boy got to use the pack frame for the first time I will post some pictures sunday just to tired tonight

Now what for the rest of the season. You're gonna drive your mrs plumb nuts because your seasons over and now you're bored. I'd have done the same thing. Look forward to the pictures!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Great on ya.
Were the bulls bugleing ?
Any cows with the bulls ?
Were you high or low country ?
Cannot wait for Pic's.
congratulations

no bugles..no cows, just 3 bulls. hunting the aspens dont know for sure the elevation .will spend the rest of archery season messin with them in 61

Congrats! Sounds exciting. Guess you'll really be able to enjoy those naps under a tree and listening to the squirrels now. It'll all be that much better.

Look forward to pictures.

Congrats r270. You made it easy and made the right call. Get the tag on a good bull and the meat in the freezer. Pressure off and like you said, now you can have a ball and enjoy playing with the bulls in unit 61.

Only problem is you make the rest of us fill alittle jealous that you went out and got it done so easily. Picture perfect!!!

Congrats and enjoy the steaks and the rest of the fall playing with the elk!!!

Wait ALL YEAR & GET IT DONE IN A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT. CONGRATS. ALSO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PICS. I AM GOING TO BE HUNTING IN AREA 61 FOR FIRST RIFLE & COULD ONLY DREAM THAT IT WOULD COME TOGATHER AS SWEET AS THAT.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom