Outfitter experiences

scpaisley

Looking at 40 2nd rifle, Allout or Biggerstaff, anyone with experience with either or both, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks!

Biggerstaff imo. One big reason I say them over allout is when i called Mike, his first expression when I said I was gonna call around to other outfitters he did nothing but trash talk biggerstaff, called em crooks and more.

Then when I called biggerstaff they all had nothing but great things to say about Mike and such. The character is what got me.

Biggerstaff took amazing care of my brother and my self, and the guide was awesome working around me being sick. The food was amazing, the company was amazing and everyone was beyond professional.

Check Your PM MS!
Biggerstaff imo. One big reason I say them over allout is when i called Mike, his first expression when I said I was gonna call around to other outfitters he did nothing but trash talk biggerstaff, called em crooks and more.

Then when I called biggerstaff they all had nothing but great things to say about Mike and such. The character is what got me.

Biggerstaff took amazing care of my brother and my self, and the guide was awesome working around me being sick. The food was amazing, the company was amazing and everyone was beyond professional.

For what it's worth, I talked to one of the best outfitters in 40 and he told me do not hunt 2nd season in 40. I told him I was a few points short for 1st and he told me wait. and he said don't let other outfitters talk you into 2nd season.

Anytime an outfitter is willing to lose a booking I tend to think they're honest. I'm going to take his word for it.

Looking at last years draw results, 6/9 drew 1st rifle in 40 with 13pts. I should be able to draw a 1st rifle with 17pts then. I do see success rates drop from 1-2 and 2-3, so 1st rifle would make the most sense to me, catching the tail end of any rut activity.

For what it's worth, I talked to one of the best outfitters in 40 and he told me do not hunt 2nd season in 40. I told him I was a few points short for 1st and he told me wait. and he said don't let other outfitters talk you into 2nd season.

Anytime an outfitter is willing to lose a booking I tend to think they're honest. I'm going to take his word for it.
I sent you PM

Looking at last years draw results, 6/9 drew 1st rifle in 40 with 13pts. I should be able to draw a 1st rifle with 17pts then. I do see success rates drop from 1-2 and 2-3, so 1st rifle would make the most sense to me, catching the tail end of any rut activity.
I had a third season tag in 2021. I spent a few days scouting during the first season rifle hunt and the bulls were still rutting like crazy.

I cannot speak for CO unit 40 but in the past I have heard the other units (like 76 in CO) and most units in NM second rifle was significantly worse than 1st. It was a big difference, draw odds reflected this. On occasion I am tempted to try it, in unit 40 possibly, but always decide against it.

I thought you lived in CO? If so I would be curious why you would go guided?

When you said the food was amazing what type of food are they cooking on these hunts?

I thought you lived in CO? If so I would be curious why you would go guided?

When you said the food was amazing what type of food are they cooking on these hunts?
Cashed in 14 points. 14 years of waiting, wanted to make an experience out of it and give myself the best chance at something of a lifetime. Guided 40 offered that and then some.

And Randy made all sorts of amazing food. She made stuffed peppers, jalapeño poppers from I believe grouse she said, I don't remember everything else, but it was all delicious.

Cashed in 14 points. 14 years of waiting, wanted to make an experience out of it and give myself the best chance at something of a lifetime. Guided 40 offered that and then some.

And Randy made all sorts of amazing food. She made stuffed peppers, jalapeño poppers from I believe grouse she said, I don't remember everything else, but it was all delicious.
Damn that sounds nice!

The guide we had I believe moved and isn't working for Steve anymore, Justin, dang good dude. Knew elk like they were his pets. He found an old Indian arrowhead too right before I shot my bull.

The guide we had I believe moved and isn't working for Steve anymore, Justin, dang good dude. Knew elk like they were his pets. He found an old Indian arrowhead too right before I shot my bull.
Did you post a story here with your bull? I know a lot of guys frown on guided hunts but honestly I stay in better contact with past clients than I do with a lot of my friends. A great guide with local knowledge really adds to the experience.

Yeah I posted about him back I'm September of 2023. Made my own thread. And it was for sure a change of pace. I'm used to DIY 100% public, but 14 years applying and finally pulling the trigger, I wanted something amazing as far as experience. That guide made the whole experience worth every cent and made me very open to using guides in the future.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom