Pahvant Muzzy Deer

slamdunk

Well now that I'm a Utard again and have left Idaho behind, me and my son have drawn Pahvant muzzy deer tags. It's been many many years since I've put any tracks on that mountain, I certainly hope my hopes of finding a couple decent bucks aren't going to leave me disappointed! Anyone got some news for me, good bad or the typical MM animated criticism? :)

LAST EDITED ON May-22-15 AT 09:12PM (MST)[p]I'd love to be able to give you a optimistic report. I did two days on the unit this fall, during the peek of the rut.......... tough, tough, tough. This is the unit they've been transferring deer from the Panguitch area to, to bolster a seriously under populated situation. There is always a mature buck or two that come off the unit, it's so vertical, but the population is so low there just isn't much of a herd left to grow many bucks, young or old!

Hope you and your son defy the odds and punch a good one. When deer on that unit get some age on them, they rival the big boys off the Wasatch Front. Could be a world class unit, it was at one time.

DC

Had this same tag last year, tough hunt for sure. Hunted the whole season and the best buck I could find was a 150 class 4X4. But there is great bucks on the unit, scouted over the summer and located several 170 type bucks. But couldn't locate them once they shed there velvet. If nothing else else it will be a great time, the Bulls were going nuts seen a couple toads, while the deer hunting was sub par just watching and listening to the Bulls made it worth while. Best of luck on your hunt!

LAST EDITED ON May-23-15 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]Hello
I hunt deer on pahvant every year, don't listen to all the doom and gloom reports on the unit. The numbers are down but there are very few tags now and still some great bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom