Pauns.rifle management buck non-res.!!!

F

firemedic56

Well I finally got it I reckon,....cc got hit today for $463 from Utah bucks and bulls.....so since I only put in for that hunt....guess what I drew!!!!! Been 11 years but I don't have to wait any more.....I gave up on drawing the regular rifle tag so I put in for this management buck tag. The score of a deer isn't all that important to me, I'll be happy with a 3 x whatever just fine. I just hope to find one that's old, heavy and wide....guess we'll see. Good luck to you all.

Very nice buck dillon....thanks for sharing it. I have a lot to learn about this unit.....drove up through some of it in '05 from Kanab...saw some deer. It's good looking stuff seems to me. Where did you all hunt BBB and dillon if you don't mind saying....info on the pauns isn't just floating around here in Alabama.....lol

LAST EDITED ON May-19-11 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]Most guys hunt from their trucks or ATV's. The best way to hunt is on private property with a water hole and with good optics. Seeing deer is not the problem. It is finding a true monster that is getting harder every year. By the management hunt the deer are pretty much moved south for the winter. Anywhere with water there will be deer on the south end of the unit by mid October. I like the area behind Mt. Carmel because it is the closest to home, but it is not a very big area with very few deer when compared to other places on the unit. Most guys hunt the Johnson Canyon area and the area along the Arizona line.

Alabama,

You'll have a fun hunt. I hunted it on the ML hunt the first part of November in 08. This year both my wife and I drew it and we went down there the week before Thanksgiving last year as we do most years. Last year ninety percent of all of the buck we saw were management buck. The only problem we will all have is the concentration of hunters that time of the year. There are areas where a person can get away from the crowd though. I know the area pretty well and would be willing to share info. I plan on living down there this fall in the areas where we will be hunting. As the hunt gets closer weather can make some what of a change in the deer migration. This hunt is a total trophy hunt for us (at least as much of a trophy hunt as it can be). We have shot some big deer down there in the past. Keep in touch

Congrats firemedic! I put in for this same hunt with 9 points and I have not seen a hit yet. Maybe next year.........If I draw the tag next year, I'll be hitting you up. Have a good hunt.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Sure enough wiszard....I'll share what I learn with you. Sent you a PM cannonball.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom