Pile-O-Snakes

Desertflinger

The kids and I went to see some old friends. These snakes have been here since the 1950's
CopyofDSC_1797.jpg

DSC_1813.jpg

DSC_1737.jpg

There is not a large enough zoom in the world!!!!!!! I would have dealt with them swiftly and harshly! But that's just me.

Nice looking den site. As much as I hate snakes I think Rattlers are one of the coolest animals in the desert.

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

Screw that!! You could not get me within a 100 yards of those things. They are cool looking but too close for comfort for me...Cool pics

I counted seven snakes the first couple of times also. Then i noticed number eight. He's mixed right in there with the rest of them, he just blends in better.

Very cool picture! I love all snakes, but rattlers are my favorite. Not scared of them, but definately respect them. Kinda like a firearm. Scott

I am sure I am going to get some flack over this but, my first thought was to unload my shotgun on those suckers. I can not stand snakes of any kind. Call me a woossy if you want. They creep me out. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight after seeing that picture of the den of snakes.

2pointer

couesbitten,

Yea, you are right I just went back and looked again and do see another head right above another one on the bottom left side of pile, so total is 8 Buzzy's.

Brian

Very Cool image!

I would love to find a den like that. I really enjoy photographing snakes, espacially the rattler type...I do keep my distance though ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Later,
Vinec (Colorado)

One grenade would get em all. KABOOM!

Really though very nice pictures of them. But 4 feet really man you are braver than I am. I wouldn't get withing 20 feet of them things. But cudos to you, and again nice pics.

DeadI/Jared
DeadIcopy.gif

I hate snakes...but they are ok as long as they keep their distance. It just gives you the heebie-jeebies when there are that many piled up just waiting for you to step on them...
4 feet is way toooooooooo close!

How many people killed by rattlers in the west in say, the last 100 years? Their risk is legendary and equally mythical. You're more likely to die of lightning strike in your high hunt, maybe you shouldn't go.

Great pictures. I've yet to find a den. Lost of snakes but not a den sight yet.

Great pictures. I would have taken the pictures, then handed outthe death sentence. Thats just me though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom