Poaching case In Wyoming

BenHuntn

Wow, how did they have time for anything other poaching.??

I do wish they had been busted much earlier, but at least they're getting some decent punishment.

It outrages me that they Stole multiple Bighorns and Moose. Two animals that most hunters will never have a chance to hunt!
It outrages me for every animal they stole from us.

Many hunters never have the chance to hunt pronghorn, elk, or mule deer.

I think poaching is a massive problem that is severely limiting opportunity for hunters and also massively impacting wildlife.

Cases like this are starting to get the point across that poaching isn't akin to a traffic ticket.

I would have liked additional jail time and more forfeiture of assets tied to the crimes, including the taxidermy business.

I think poaching is a massive problem that is severely limiting opportunity for hunters and also massively impacting wildlife.

Cases like this are starting to get the point across that poaching isn't akin to a traffic ticket.

I would have liked additional jail time and more forfeiture of assets tied to the crimes, including the taxidermy business.
What did the taxidermy business have to do with the crimes?

Mounting animals he knew were illegally taken. Yes he knew they were illegal, Wyoming sheep horns needed to be plugged and he's been found guilty of poaching the animals he mounted for himself and his buddies.

I'm sure you'll argue the point...I won't respond so save your breath.
Taking people's businesses hurts more people than just that single criminal.

I agree Buzz, this has to stop. Stiffer penalties.

Taking people's businesses hurts more people than just that single criminal.
This is a great argument for allowing mafias & cartels to operate without oppression from the law. Imagine how many poor, well intending fentanyl dealers would be out of work and unable to feed their 4 separate families if we hammered down on drug trafficking :cry: i tear up just thinking about it.

This is a great argument for allowing mafias & cartels to operate without oppression from the law. Imagine how many poor, well intending fentanyl dealers would be out of work and unable to feed their 4 separate families if we hammered down on drug trafficking :cry: i tear up just thinking about it.
So now the people who work at the company but didn't commit a crime are fentanyl dealers?????

How about the county and municipality that was making tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax revenue off of that business??? Screw them for harboring a hunting mafia. Right????

That's not logic and it sure isn't justice.

These guys probably got plenty. Tens of thousands of dollars in seized property. A half million bucks in fines. No gun rights anymore. Both state and county jail time. No hunting privileges anymore.

Guys there's violent rapists and child molestors that don't get hit that hard.

No, the people work for a company, that the owners are convicted
of poaching, The owners made the choice to poach. The owners put their employees in the position of loosing their jobs. The owners/poachers are resposible!
Yes Tri, you are correct, that there are rapist and murders not getting hit hard enough.

So now the people who work at the company but didn't commit a crime are fentanyl dealers?????

How about the county and municipality that was making tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax revenue off of that business??? Screw them for harboring a hunting mafia. Right????

These guys probably got plenty. Tens of thousands of dollars in seized property. A half million bucks in fines. No gun rights anymore. Both state and county jail time. No hunting privileges anymore.

Not a valid arguement.

I can assure you that if this Vick guy has his business taken away, there will be ZERO lost revenue to the county, state, or city.

If someone shoots an animal they want mounted and Vicks business has been liquidated, they'll take it somewhere else. The State, County, etc. don't care who provides the revenue and no revenue will be lost.

Like any business where a demand exists, when one folds, another will take its place. Maybe the next guy that throws out a shingle won't be poacher.

Its not that the justice system is being too hard on poachers, its that the justice system isn't tough enough on other violent crime.

Not a valid arguement.

I can assure you that if this Vick guy has his business taken away, there will be ZERO lost revenue to the county, state, or city.

If someone shoots an animal they want mounted and Vicks business has been liquidated, they'll take it somewhere else. The State, County, etc. don't care who provides the revenue and no revenue will be lost.

Like any business where a demand exists, when one folds, another will take its place. Maybe the next guy that throws out a shingle won't be poacher.

Its not that the justice system is being too hard on poachers, its that the justice system isn't tough enough on other violent crime.
Buzz, can’t explain something logically to someone like Tri, who lacks logic, or common sense for that matter.

No, the people work for a company, that the owners are convicted
of poaching, The owners made the choice to poach. The owners put their employees in the position of loosing their jobs. The owners/poachers are resposible!
Yes Tri, you are correct, that there are rapist and murders not getting hit hard enough.
No. The state seizing a company is them deciding to victimize people not associated with the crime.

How about this scenario.

YOUR TAXIDERMIST gets his company seized. How you gonna get your deer or unfinished deer parts back? How about the money you paid on deposit? How you gonna get it back? It's the government. Do you think their gonna hand it back to you? Do you think they are going to settle his bills with tanners and other vendors and organize that so you get your trophy back? How about all that times 500 customers?

GET REAL.

Last edited:
Not a valid arguement.

Totally valid argument and you can't assure anything. You have no idea where that business will go or whether it will even stay in the same state.

All ask you what I asked the other fella. You really think the state is going to get your unfinished deer parts and deposit back to you??? Good luck.

It all sounds like justice to me. I just wish the fines and penalties were higher. I hope these guys are left to digging ditches to survive. The taxidermist poacher I hope he looses everything.

It all sounds like justice to me. I just wish the fines and penalties were higher. I hope these guys are left to digging ditches to survive. The taxidermist poacher I hope he looses everything.
I never hoped for bad things to happen to anyone. I really can't identify with people that do. Of course I never told people on the internet that I screwed their mothers and wives either.

I hope they pay their fines, finish their jail time and never poach again. I hope they live long and comfortable happy lives. I hope they, me , AND YOU, are never subject to the vengeance of the masses.

I never hoped for bad things to happen to anyone. I really can't identify with people that do. Of course I never told people on the internet that I screwed their mothers and wives either.

I hope they pay their fines, finish their jail time and never poach again. I hope they live long and comfortable happy lives. I hope they, me , AND YOU, are never subject to the vengeance of the masses.
Just because you never said you never posted you didn't screw anybody's wives or mothers means nothing to me. Just about everything you post is pure BS. Me saying what I say is total Bunk and as anyone would know is not true on the mothers and wives. All it is is pure nonsense. You on the other hand post the most comments that go against sportsmen and always side with poachers and criminals. I could care less if they pay their fines. I hope they get jail time and loose their guns and livelihood. Make stupid choices you should expect serious consequences.
I hope that YOU are not one of the ones we read about on here who got arrested for game violations for the nonsense all these other people we read about.

Totally valid argument and you can't assure anything. You have no idea where that business will go or whether it will even stay in the same state.

All ask you what I asked the other fella. You really think the state is going to get your unfinished deer parts and deposit back to you??? Good luck.
Probably won't get them back from a crooked/poaching law breaking taxidermist either...in particular one from Alabama.

I've found that cheats, lawbreakers, aren't really too honest from the get-go. I'm guessing with legal fees, fines, etc. that all the deposit money is long gone in this case in question. I would also bet he sold what he could to help cover same.

Knowing how this guy operates, I think those with deposits and unfinished animals are hosed and won't see a dime or their animals again.

I can tell you from personal experience that its incredibly difficult to recoup loses from crooked taxidermists, there is no accountability. Filing a small claims case is largely a waste of time since the "value" the courts assign a set of antlers and a cape is fair market value. Which is $15/lb for antlers and maybe $50 for a cape.

This dude here, Troy Hall, stole a set of 184 inch mule deer antlers from me and sold them, wasn't worth my effort to bother taking him to court.

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/...s/anonymous-tip-leads-to-poaching-convictions

I would have gotten more from dragging that poaching jerk out in his front yard and administering a thorough beating in front of his kids. No court/judge is going to award more than a few hundred dollars.

Then there's the issue of actually getting the money out of the deadbeat even if you take the time to sue. Plus, you'll never get your trophy back anyway.

Taxidermy is a shady business no question and seems to attract more than its share of less than honest people.

Oh, and for the record, Troy Hall fled to Texas, started another taxidermy shop there. I also heard he's allegedly back in business in Cheyenne.

I can't wait for the next installment, he learned nothing as his mommy and daddy bailed him out before he fled to Texas.

I can also say for sure, that he got away with poaching a lot more animals that I personally know about including another mule deer buck he poached in December on land he leased from a former game and fish commissioner. He also drug his kids into his poaching, letting them shoot pronghorn bucks in areas they didn't have tags for. Apparently he thought he had a statewide pronghorn tag every year, he just killed the best buck he could find anywhere in the State.

That's perhaps the biggest tragedy in these cases, rarely do these guys get nailed for all the violations they committed.

Both this Vick guy and Troy Hall should never be allowed to be involved in anything to do with wildlife, hunting, fishing, trapping ever again...including taxidermy.

Last edited:
Probably won't get them back from a crooked/poaching law breaking taxidermist either...in particular one from Alabama.

I've found that cheats, lawbreakers, aren't really too honest from the get-go. I'm guessing with legal fees, fines, etc. that all the deposit money is long gone in this case in question. I would also bet he sold what he could to help cover same.

Knowing how this guy operates, I think those with deposits and unfinished animals are hosed and won't see a dime or their animals again.

I can tell you from personal experience that its incredibly difficult to recoup loses from crooked taxidermists, there is no accountability. Filing a small claims case is largely a waste of time since the "value" the courts assign a set of antlers and a cape is fair market value. Which is $15/lb for antlers and maybe $50 for a cape.

This dude here, Troy Hall, stole a set of 184 inch mule deer antlers from me and sold them, wasn't worth my effort to bother taking him to court.

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/...s/anonymous-tip-leads-to-poaching-convictions

I would have gotten more from dragging that poaching jerk out in his front yard and administering a thorough beating in front of his kids. No court/judge is going to award more than a few hundred dollars.

Then there's the issue of actually getting the money out of the deadbeat even if you take the time to sue. Plus, you'll never get your trophy back anyway.

Taxidermy is a shady business no question and seems to attract more than its share of less than honest people.

Oh, and for the record, Troy Hall fled to Texas, started another taxidermy shop there. I also heard he's allegedly back in business in Cheyenne.

I can't wait for the next installment, he learned nothing as his mommy and daddy bailed him out before he fled to Texas.

I can also say for sure, that he got away with poaching a lot more animals that I personally know about including another mule deer buck he poached in December on land he leased from a former game and fish commissioner. He also drug his kids into his poaching, letting them shoot pronghorn bucks in areas they didn't have tags for. Apparently he thought he had a statewide pronghorn tag every year, he just killed the best buck he could find anywhere in the State.

That's perhaps the biggest tragedy in these cases, rarely do these guys get nailed for all the violations they committed.

Both this Vick guy and Troy Hall should never be allowed to be involved in anything to do with wildlife, hunting, fishing, trapping ever again...including taxidermy.
I don't recall this taxidermist being charged with any business crimes. I'm sure when the states climbed up his butt for 7 years they tried to catch him in any crime they could. Doesn't say they found any criminal business practices.

This is why vengeance is so dangerous. People will base vengeance upon assumptions.

"It doesn't matter if hundreds of people get screwed as long as he suffers more. They would have been screwed anyway".

That's not justice BuzzH.

I don't recall this taxidermist being charged with any business crimes. I'm sure when the states climbed up his butt for 7 years they tried to catch him in any crime they could. Doesn't say they found any criminal business practices.

This is why vengeance is so dangerous. People will base vengeance upon assumptions.

"It doesn't matter if hundreds of people get screwed as long as he suffers more. They would have been screwed anyway".

That's not justice BuzzH.
Once admission of the crime happens, the court finds someone guilty...there is no assumption.

Also, where's my justice for the mule deer buck I killed that the poaching scumbag taxidermist Troy Hall stole from me and sold?

I guess it doesn't matter that I got screwed and you should be happy knowing he didn't suffer for it.

You're a joke...

Once admission of the crime happens, the court finds someone guilty...there is no assumption.

Also, where's my justice for the mule deer buck I killed that the poaching scumbag taxidermist Troy Hall stole from me and sold?

I guess it doesn't matter that I got screwed and you should be happy knowing he didn't suffer for it.

You're a joke...
The assumption I am talking about is your assumption that this person was committing other business related crimes, AND HE HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF THAT.

As for your justice in your case, did you report it to the police? How am I supposed to know what happened in the case of BuzzH vs. Troy Hall.

Now why are you making it personal against me?

The assumption I am talking about is your assumption that this person was committing other business related crimes, AND HE HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF THAT.

As for your justice in your case, did you report it to the police? How am I supposed to know what happened in the case of BuzzH vs. Troy Hall.

Now why are you making it personal against me?
What are the police going to do?

Oh, I know file a report...that's handy. Or maybe recommend small claims court.

Again, that's awesome, maybe go through a bunch of trouble, waste a bunch of time to recoup losses at $15/lb for my antlers and $50 for my cape.

Then try to get the deadbeat to cough up the money.

Seems worth it, but hey, at least Troy Hall didn't suffer for it...that should make you happy.

Word on the street is he ripped off a bunch of customers in Texas, he didn't suffer for that either.

You should celebrate.

Revenue gained from illegal activity is... illegal. Also, for a county to make "hundreds of thousands" of tax revenue off of this taxidermy business, they'd have to be making multiple millions per year in net profit alone...

The taxpayer money sent in only the FIRST round of aid to Ukraine could have covered this potentially "devastating" loss of taxpayer revenue for this county about as many times as the number of golf balls that it would take to fill an NFL stadium. I'm all for playing devil's advocate but, get real.

Revenue gained from illegal activity is... illegal. Also, for a county to make "hundreds of thousands" of tax revenue off of this taxidermy business, they'd have to be making multiple millions per year in net profit alone...

The taxpayer money sent in only the FIRST round of aid to Ukraine could have covered this potentially "devastating" loss of taxpayer revenue for this county about as many times as the number of golf balls that it would take to fill an NFL stadium. I'm all for playing devil's advocate but, get real.
Mounting his own poached animals isn't revenue.

Second, they don't have to net millions to pay a hundred thousand in taxes.

Mounting his own poached animals isn't revenue.

Second, they don't have to net millions to pay a hundred thousand in taxes.
But the business is willingly partaking in illegal activity.

And yes, to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in COUNTY taxes, your profits would have to be well over a few million dollars. The vast majority of taxes go to federal and state.

But the business is willingly partaking in illegal activity.

And yes, to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in COUNTY taxes, your profits would have to be well over a few million dollars. The vast majority of taxes go to federal and state.
No it isn't. Do you think that guy walks in in the morning and tells all the employees, "Hey we're mounting a poached sheep today"????? The employees don't know what's going on.

And no, I pay close to 100k in state local and county taxes every year and we don't profit 1 million dollars. I am not including any federal taxes in that figure.

There's one more pretty complicated aspect to this that I'm honestly not sure is possible .

How does the state of Wyoming seize real estate in a complete other state. I'm not saying it's impossible. Just never ran into it or heard of it and I'm not sure if it's legal and may very with each different state.

No it isn't. Do you think that guy walks in in the morning and tells all the employees, "Hey we're mounting a poached sheep today"????? The employees don't know what's going on.

And no, I pay close to 100k in state local and county taxes every year and we don't profit 1 million dollars. I am not including any federal taxes in that figure.

Just to clarify... the point you're making here is that because it would have a negative effect on the innocent employees that work for the business, the business that knowingly partook in illegal activities shouldn't be held accountable? What in the flying...?

The employees aren't being charged. They may have to find another job, but that doesn't mean that the business (more specifically the owner) shouldn't be held accountable.

Post up your tax docs and I'll believe that you're paying 100k in county taxes without breaking $3 million in profit. Not state, not federal, county.

There's one more pretty complicated aspect to this that I'm honestly not sure is possible .

How does the state of Wyoming seize real estate in a complete other state. I'm not saying it's impossible. Just never ran into it or heard of it and I'm not sure if it's legal and may very with each different state.
Federal crime?

Are you counting sales tax in your $100k to the state estimate? That sales tax is paid by your customers when they purchase the taxidermy work. No state income tax here in Texas.

Just to clarify... the point you're making here is that because it would have a negative effect on the innocent employees that work for the business, the business that knowingly partook in illegal activities shouldn't be held accountable? What in the flying...?

The employees aren't being charged. They may have to find another job, but that doesn't mean that the business (more specifically the owner) shouldn't be held accountable.

Post up your tax docs and I'll believe that you're paying 100k in county taxes without breaking $3 million in profit. Not state, not federal, county.
The business did not partake in illegal activities. If an employee or even the owner did something illegal it doesn't mean the business did something illegal. There is a difference.

The owner was held accountable for the crimes. I never said he shouldn't be.

I am not posting tax docs and I am including state in that number. I said state from the beginning. We pay tens of thousands just in property taxes alone.

Like I said before, thankfully the states agree with me on this one.

The business did not partake in illegal activities. If an employee or even the owner did something illegal it doesn't mean the business did something illegal. There is a difference.

I am not posting tax docs and I am including state in that number. I said state from the beginning. We pay tens of thousands just in property taxes alone.
Property taxes are county/city, not state.

No it's not. I haven't said a single thing about sales tax. But you can loose that revenue also.
But you said you paid $100k not counting Fed Tax. Something is missing here. Doubt you have $100k in property tax. That is easy to find on Harris Cad website if you are in Houston.

Do yall realize what this becoming?

It's cutting your nose off to spite your face but now we are discussing "well how much nose cutting can we live with".

Do yall realize what this becoming?

It's cutting your nose off to spite your face but now we are discussing "well how much nose cutting can we live with".
:ROFLMAO: Nice deflection when presented with your own information. Have to be nice to you so you don't report me to Founder again.

But you said you paid $100k not counting Fed Tax. Something is missing here. Doubt you have $100k in property tax. That is easy to find on Harris Cad website if you are in Houston.
Nope. Haven't said that. Slow down and read. I don't have 100k in property tax.

Nope. Haven't said that. Slow down and read. I don't have 100k in property tax.
You don't have $100k in taxes other than Federal, period. It's not possible. That is what I am getting at. Dang you are dense.

You stated you have close to $100k in taxes other than Fed. You don't. You might have sales tax due, but your customers pay for that. You just pass it along to the state. I bet you get a lot of cash payments as well, but that is none of my business whether you report those or not.

You don't have $100k in taxes other than Federal, period. It's not possible. That is what I am getting at. Dang you are dense.

You stated you have close to $100k in taxes other than Fed. You don't. You might have sales tax due, but your customers pay for that. You just pass it along to the state. I bet you get a lot of cash payments as well, but that is none of my business whether you report those or not.
You are getting all worked up about things I didn't say, hair splitting that still ends up being lost revenue for the state, and portions of business you don't know or understand. Calm down. I'm not lying to you.

You are getting all worked up about things I didn't say, hair splitting that still ends up being lost revenue for the state, and portions of business you don't know or understand. Calm down. I'm not lying to you.
Lol. Those numbers are taken directly from your post. It's ok to admit you are wrong and overstated your numbers. It's not the first time you will be proven wrong on here. Can't repeat myself any more.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 10.28.30 AM.png

Tri, I could go on busting you up all day long, but I am not that bored. Even your property taxes are only $14k for 2022 on your taxidermy shop.

Again, Texas has no state income tax and sales tax is paid by your customers. Come clean already.

The taxidermy shop had numerous shop violations with several illegal alligators and migratory birds.

hey Tri be a good sport and buy vicks taxidermy and open it back up.

The taxidermy shop had numerous shop violations with several illegal alligators and migratory birds.

hey Tri be a good sport and buy vicks taxidermy and open it back up.
???

Doesn't sound like there's anything to buy.

???

I here they are a great tax shelter.

???

Good thing that's all I pay taxes on.

What numbers?
My guess is you find a way to argue with the few customers you do have. BTW, a good troll sucks his victims in slowly, they don't realize they have been trolled until they have invested too much emotionally to back out gracefully. You are a terrible troll, but I'm sure you will find a way to argue about that too. 1/10.

Buzz, don't let this clown wear you out. I want you fresh and ready to reply to my trolling!!!

My guess is you find a way to argue with the few customers you do have. BTW, a good troll sucks his victims in slowly, they don't realize they have been trolled until they have invested too much emotionally to back out gracefully. You are a terrible troll, but I'm sure you will find a way to argue about that too. 1/10.

Buzz, don't let this clown wear you out. I want you fresh and ready to reply to my trolling!!!
I really have no interest in talking about me. Just want to talk about this case.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom