Pozole

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
At least my version of it! Holed up in the house with a ice and snow storm going on. Made with feral pig blackstrap, onions, garlic, fire roasted tomatoes and spices. Gonna make a pan of cornbread to go with it. Wife says she will make an apricot cobbler. If this cold, icy spell continues I am gonna need to go on diet,

BD2B8048-B7A6-4938-99D6-DE0460F937FB.jpeg

I haven't made any in quite a while. I make mine more 'soupy,' basically just like menudo. The only difference is the pozole gets either pork or lamb while the menudo gets tripe. Otherwise, the liquid part is near identical.

I was wishing I had a jalapeño or two to go in it. I forgot that I had some frozen and some dried serranos. Wife does not like it that hot though. I may just add some dried and chopped serranos to my bowl!

I was wishing I had a jalapeño or two to go in it. I forgot that I had some frozen and some dried serranos. Wife does not like it that hot though. I may just add some dried and chopped serranos to my bowl!
Oh, most definitely needs some heat. :cool:

I use various dried peppers, a couple pig's feet & spices when I make the base broth. Then I do the meat & lastly the hominy.

At least my version of it! Holed up in the house with a ice and snow storm going on. Made with feral pig blackstrap, onions, garlic, fire roasted tomatoes and spices. Gonna make a pan of cornbread to go with it. Wife says she will make an apricot cobbler. If this cold, icy spell continues I am gonna need to go on diet,

View attachment 66917
It looks good PH . I've only had Pazole once in my life. The gal was from Mexico and she made it for a NY party. It was soupier than yours and was so delicious. She had tge biggest spread of Mexican food on her table I have ever seen. I dont recall if she had help but it was amazing .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom