Prime Rib in the smoker

My last one from the freezer bought at Christmas and vacuum sealed. Going to eat good tonight.
You must have been reading my mind. Last night at dinner, I said to Ellen, "Maybe we should cook up our prime rib stash this week.

Her pithy reply was "Why?," and my smartass comeback was, "To eat."

End result: I haven't decided yet. :rolleyes:

I do have some of the rib steaks from the sales, though.

You must have been reading my mind. Last night at dinner, I said to Ellen, "Maybe we should cook up our prime rib stash this week.

Her pithy reply was "Why?," and my smartass comeback was, "To eat."

End result: I haven't decided yet. :rolleyes:

I do have some of the rib steaks from the sales, though.
I have the Masterbuilt Smoker @ 275° using Alder Chips and have " Lost and Booty" rub generously applied. That's all I need to get a great roast.

I have the Masterbuilt Smoker @ 275° using Alder Chips and have " Lost and Booty" rub generously applied. That's all I need to get a great roast.
Sounds good! How many hours at 275?

I also use a Masterbuilt but tend to lean to applewood most times. I can't smoke stuff that we eat jointly. My bride doesn't care for the smoky taste at all.

I use a digital thermometer.
Then just follow a chart for the doneness. I like medium rare and tge wife likes medium or more.

Sounds good! How many hours at 275?

I also use a Masterbuilt but tend to lean to applewood most times. I can't smoke stuff that we eat jointly. My bride doesn't care for the smoky taste at all.
I use Applewood for Pork, Pecan or Alder for Prime Rib, Alder for Salmon, Hickory for Jerky and Mesquite for Cajun flavored steaks on propane grill. Oak is good for Tri-Tip.

I use Applewood for Pork, Pecan or Alder for Prime Rib, Alder for Salmon, Hickory for Jerky and Mesquite for Cajun flavored steaks on propane grill. Oak is good for Tri-Tip.
Only other woods I have right now are mesquite, hickory & orange.

Speaking of tri-tip...that's dinner tonight. It's the other piece from the one I did a while back. Cooked in the oven, tho, since El will be sharing.

Only other woods I have right now are mesquite, hickory & orange.

Speaking of tri-tip...that's dinner tonight. It's the other piece from the one I did a while back. Cooked in the oven, tho, since El will be sharing.
I'm glad my wife likes the smoky flavor but it does take work to use the Masterbuilt. I make Ribs 7 or 8 times a year, Prime Rib maybe twice , Salmon once or twice , Pulled Pork 2 or 3 times. That is all unless I get wild game . If I get a Deer or Elk I make Jerky, Breakfast Sausage and Summer Sausage also in the smoker. So unless I get game I only use it maybe once a month.
I don't like going out every 30 minutes to fill the small chip tube though.

The last time I used mine, I did three slabs of regular-style pork ribs, two salmon filets & two racks of country style ribs--all at the same time.

Which Masterbuilt do you have??

This is mine:

1646521596605.png

I probably have about 6-8 loins in the freezer. Got another one this week. With the high quality beautiful loins on sale for $1.75-1.90/lb, how can you go wrong???

I probably have about 6-8 loins in the freezer. Got another one this week. With the high quality beautiful loins on sale for $1.75-1.90/lb, how can you go wrong???
You can't go wrong. I'm stuck on shake and bake but frying them is good. I've never made stuffed chops.

Floured and fried, with country gravy is probably our favorite. Love to make rolled and stuffed roasts. Pocket stuffed thick chops with either fruit, stuffing, rice, or cheese and bacon!!

A switch I do on stuffing is to put it in a dish, brown chops and lay out on it, then pile more on each chop. Totally cover the thing in a mushroom soup sauce and bake

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom