quail season

A

AZbowhntr

I was just wandering if anyone has been out yet and how they have done? I didn't realize that the season opened so soon. Hopefully I can get out this weekend. Should be a good year.

I don't live in AZ, but I live in central Washington and we have more quail around then I've seen in 8 years. I'll usually see 3 or 4 coveys of 20 or 30 birds in 60 yd's of driving before my driveway. I live 4 miles out of town, so hoping to get out there and hunt em hard with a friend. Never seen so many quail out deer hunting either. Had a very successful hatch this year! Cat has caught quite a few.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I went out monday morning and got four birds. we saw atleast 12 coveys. One covey had around 30 birds.The last couple years i havnt done so well because the birds run before you get within 60 yards but, we almost had to step on them this time. I missed allot of birds. I was still in dove mode and shoting out in front of them. good luck

I went out last Friday for the opener and had a limit by noon! We had a great hunt, with lots of coveys spotted. Several of the coveys we got into were HUGE, with >75 birds.

I love opening day of bird season!!!

S.

:)

What general area were you hunting. If you don't want to give your honey hole away I understand.
Jason

I went out friday afternoon and sunday morning with my two boys. We saw alot of birds and missed alot but still brought home 11 on friday and 12 sunday.....we were out towards globe...... Allen Taylor......

There was some public land down here in San Diego (not sure if the fire's ate it up yet) that I hunt. Usually see a few covey's... I've spent more than 9 hours hunting there since season opened... can't get the B@stards to fly! I hear 'em close enough, and they run away! No dog, so what can I do???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom