Ready to go

archerycrazy

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-13 AT 09:51PM (MST)[p]I don't know about everyone else, but the next two weeks will be the longest of my life (except for the last two weeks of a deployment). I decided to take a break from my usual archery hunt and give muzzleloading a try. I have the entire hunt off of work, and I'm ready to head down to southern Utah to the mountains I grew up hunting.

Without prior muzzleloading experience I was unsure what rifle to buy. I finally settled on the CVA Optima V2, and I haven't regretted it. I've been to the range several times, but have only tried one powder/bullet combination. I've been shooting 85 grains of BH209 behind a 300 grain Hornady SST with a 1x TC Hawken Hunter scope. I've been impressed with the groups I've managed right out of the box and haven't seen a reason to spend extra money to find a better bullet and powder combination.

I decided to hit the range again today to verify that everything was still in order. I shot three shots at 100 yds and then went home. Not bad for a beginner, though not as tight as some I've seen on here. Now, if only I had Adam Sandler's remote from the movie "Click" to fast forward through the next two weeks! Best of luck to everyone on your upcoming hunts.

5590group.jpg

Im right there with ya. Ive got Deer and Antelope muzzy tags in my pocket. I am almost as excited as my Le Elk tag in 2011. Ive never had the opportunity to hunt 2 different animals at once with a muzzy. Good luck to ya.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom