Red Butte Canyon Extended Archery Maps?

codycoyote

Does anyone know if On X maps or some other website has a specific hunting boundary map for red butte canyon? I have looked at the dwr website but it's not very clear where the boundary lies.
Thanks

The entire canyon is CLOSED. from ridge top to ridge top.
And yes it is BS. There is no reason to keep this area closed.
I wouldn't be caught in there.

If you go into red butte pack your nikes in case you have to run from the watershed paul blarts. LMAO. To my knowledge the whole canyon is closed I've never been in there but I'll bet the hunting would be world class for the front.

It's been closed for over 10 years. Prior they let hunters in by first come first in or by draw.
I patrolled Red Butte when I worked of the university and there are some monsters in there Bucks and Bulls. I've have never gotten a good reason they closed it. Was told after the 2003/04 winter it was to allow the herd to recover. Was told once the Forest service just doesn't want to deal with hunters so they kept it closed.

If you go east a little ways the canyon kind of opens up and that is where I get confused. Last year I saw some guys rifle hunting cow elk on the red butte/emigration ridge and wondered if they are allowed to do that?

If they were on the south ridge that's Red Butte or Emigration Township and that is off limits to rifle hunting. Most of Emigration is archery only. so no they were wrong wether on red butte side or Emigration side.

The Forest service topo maps clearly show the boundary. The short story is you can't hunt up there from S ridgeline to N ridgeline. If you really want to get technical there are a few places on the North ridgeline and at the very back where the boundary would allow you to hunt down into the canyon but it isn't much. Call the conservation officer if you have questions.

MT_Grizz.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom