Riding Saddles

IMG_9890.png

IMG_9891.png

Cary Schwarz Custom saddles. Was a long wait list, but the best money I have ever spent. Not on the same level, but older Rafter W saddles have treated me well

Have Circle Y and Cactus. but really like Bob's Saddles. Check out NRS World they have some good deals. Not sure what is around you but there are quit a few consignment Tack Shops with real good deals.

There is really no " best saddle" off the shelf. it needs to fit you and your horse. so if you can find a production saddle that fits and suits your needs buy it.

I've been riding custom saddles for years and wouldn't ever go back. but just like a custom gun it's debatable if the cost warrants it. only you can decide that.

As much as I hate to say it if you just want a cheap, lightweight, zero maintenance , adjustable saddle the Wintec will do the job. you'll look like a fag and people will laugh at you but if you can take it they're worth a look.

There is really no " best saddle" off the shelf. it needs to fit you and your horse. so if you can find a production saddle that fits and suits your needs buy it.

I've been riding custom saddles for years and wouldn't ever go back. but just like a custom gun it's debatable if the cost warrants it. only you can decide that.

As much as I hate to say it if you just want a cheap, lightweight, zero maintenance , adjustable saddle the Wintec will do the job. you'll look like a fag and people will laugh at you but if you can take it they're worth a look.
🤣🤣🤣 thx that made my day

Lol 😂 !!! But great advice !

I assume trail riding?
Some thoughts.
#1 Get a slick saddle not a rough out. Being able to move is important on long rides.
#2 Get it slightly bigger than your told in length. Refer to rule 1.
#3 Get oversized stirrups that hunting boots fit in and come out of easily.
#4 Get extra long leather tie straps behind the saddle x4. You will be surprised how many are too short.
#5 I run double D rings behind mine for a crupper(sp?) or britching.
#6 I've had good luck with neoprene cinch. They haven't rubbed and you can run them way looser than a molehair type IMHO.

Obviously ranch riding is a different set up but those are my thoughts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom