RMEF WantsTransparency on Special Permits

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 10:57AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 10:49?AM (MST)

All

Here are some more facts that may help shed some light on the question as to why Conservation permit was allowed to be used.

1- The Utah Legislature ruled they did not want the State Agencies to acquire more private lands.

2- The options were to let developers have it all, or allow private groups aquire the title to the land and conserve it.

3-The legislature approved and alloctaed the use of General Tax Funds & Conservation Permit Funds to buy development easements from private landowners.

4-This is not a new concept many people,ranchers,Nature Conservancy & SFW have participated in the Conservation Easement Program. (Lee Ray McAllister Conservation Act)

5-Several of the Property's that SFW has purchased were done so with Private SFW Funds.

6-SFW has sold their rights to development to the State keeping the Lands in preptuity for Wildlife and open spaces.

7-Every Parcel of Property Purchased with CP Money or State Funds has gone through a Government approval process. The Legislature, Governor & the DWR supported SFW's efforts to protect the land.

8-As pointed out by Greg SFW did sell one acre to the city of Smithfield in order to install a water tank for the city. In return they also provided a guzzler to provide water for wildlife. This parcel was not purchased with CP or State Funds.

9-Most of these property's are winter range and are open to all SFW member or not.

10-SFW pays required taxes and has covered the maintance of these property's

A discription of these property's can be found on SFW's website

Just a point of clarification these property's were purchased prior to the Expo. No Expo money has been used.

Randy
I appreciate your last post and I understand where you are coming from.
I think both of us would agree there is a level of mistrust on both sides.

I do not think that this is something that is going to be overcome by conversation on a public forum or even via telephone.

SFW does not know what your real intentions are whether they be genuine or just looking for something to bring us down.

Now having said that I fully understand that Don is the one that threw out the challange and you gracefully accepted, but from the begining SFW has taken the stance that this was a debate between two individuals even though Don is the Founder and does act as a consultant for SFW.

He was not acting under the direction of SFW!

For these reasons and others that have been expressed prior, SFW will not provide open access to its financials to you.

Jason

SFW's position is this. SFW supports the current rule concerning Convention Permits and the Application Fee's that were presented and accepted through the public process.

SFW deem's the retention of $5 dollars application fee as no different than what is paid to Fallon Nevada other than the fact that the Application Fee's generated at the Expo benifit Utah's Wildlife & Sportsman.

I think it is important to mention that for the past two years SFW has provided the DWR with an accounting of where it has spent a large portion of the $5 Application Fee generated at the Expo.

It has also been passed out at SFW Banquets and made available to the public via the internet.

X-treme
Troy Justensen

Troy said: "SFW's position is this. SFW supports the current rule concerning Convention Permits and the Application Fee's that were presented and accepted through the public process.

SFW deem's the retention of $5 dollars application fee as no different than what is paid to Fallon Nevada other than the fact that the Application Fee's generated at the Expo benifit Utah's Wildlife & Sportsman.

I think it is important to mention that for the past two years SFW has provided the DWR with an accounting of where it has spent a large portion of the $5 Application Fee generated at the Expo.

It has also been passed out at SFW Banquets and made available to the public via the internet."

Troy, thank you for providing SFW's official position on UWC's proposed amendment to the Convention Permit program. While I am disappointed that SFW does not see the need to provide a complete accounting or to ensure that a fixed percentage of those funds are used for actual conservation projects, I do appreciate an official response. In essence, SFW?s position remains the same as the answers that I received in the past several years: ?SFW will not provide a complete accounting because it is not required to do so under the current version of the Convention Permit rule.? The recent upheaval and outcry from the general public have had no effect on SFW?s leadership. This confirms that the general public has no choice but to press forward and demand change via the UWC proposed rule amendment.

It is okay to disagree on issues, and I certainly don't expect everyone to see eye to eye on everything. After all, I make a living representing individuals and businesses that often have different opinions and positions then me. However, I truly believe that SFW, MDF and the DWR completely out of touch with the general public on this particular issue. The comments over the last two weeks are a pretty good indicator of how people that understand the issue generally feel. Perhaps SFW is banking on the fact that most people do not understand the difference between Convention and Conservation Permits or that few people generally show up to RAC and Wildlife Board meetings. This is a major gamble by SFW?s leadership that involves substantial risk to the goodwill and public support of the organization. SFW and its leadership have taken some serious hits over the last couple of weeks and I don't see this changing given SFW?s current position.

Finally, would it be possible to receive a copy of the ?accounting? that SFW has provided the DWR for the past couple of years as to how it ?has spent a large portion of the $5 Application Fee generated at the Expo?? I tried to find it on SFW?s website but the website is currently down.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12
>AT 10:57?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12
>AT 10:49?AM (MST)

>Troy,

Although you did not address your comments directly to me I feel inclinedto comment as most of the Conservation Permit money funding private holdings are an issue I have preseed. Hope that is alright.

Travis
>All
>
>Here are some more facts that
>may help shed some light
>on the question as to
>why Conservation permit was allowed
>to be used.
>
>1- The Utah Legislature ruled they
>did not want the State
>Agencies to acquire more private
>lands.
There are many ways to funnel land into the public trust rather than hold them private. I find this comment ironic when looking at Utah's current battle for Federal Lands. I was wondering if SFW might be able to provide fact as I am sure this decision is public record and they must have a copy other wise I will begin a search for this ruling and how it pertains to conservation permit money.
>
>2- The options were to let
>developers have it all, or
>allow private groups aquire the
>title to the land and
>conserve it.
No problem there I just wish the private group would have found a way to use private money.
>
>3-The legislature approved and alloctaed the
>use of General Tax Funds
>& Conservation Permit Funds to
>buy development easements from private
>landowners.
Can you cite refrence for these actions? I believe an easement is much different than ownership of real property. Again public record wo I will search.
>
>4-This is not a new concept
>many people,ranchers,Nature Conservancy & SFW
>have participated in the Conservation
>Easement Program. (Lee Ray McAllister
>Conservation Act)
I agree to a point. I don't know how many of the easements or organizations you refer to other than SFW sold public resources to fund the purchasing of lands. If you know of others I would be happy to hear. Second easements are not near the concern as ownership.
>
>5-Several of the Property's that SFW
>has purchased were done so
>with Private SFW Funds.
I commend SFW for that all properties they hold title to from 100% private funds. In fact I am proud to say I both donated and solicited some of those private funds. It is the public fund money causing my concern.
>
>6-SFW has sold their rights to
>development to the State keeping
>the Lands in preptuity for
>Wildlife and open spaces.
So would this be double dipping the public coffers? Use conservation permit money to buy the land obtain title and then sale development rights to the state and keep the money in the general SFW fund as it does not have the stipulation of conservation permit money? I would think if lands were purchased with conservation permit money the organiztion might be inclined to donate the development rights to the state rather than sell them. You have just provided exactly why I am concerned about these lands and it is not simply a vendetta aainst SFW.
>
>7-Every Parcel of Property Purchased with
>CP Money or State Funds
>has gone through a Government
>approval process. The Legislature, Governor
>& the DWR supported SFW's
>efforts to protect the land.
The question is did when they supported the purchasing of lands with conservation permit money and was it in accordance with State law. Even Govenor's, Legislator's, and DWR employee's are human and make bad mistakes.
>
>
>8-As pointed out by Greg SFW
>did sell one acre to
>the city of Smithfield in
>order to install a water
>tank for the city. In
>return they also provided a
>guzzler to provide water for
>wildlife. This parcel was not
>purchased with CP or State
>Funds.
So there will be record of a single acre being sold to SFW with description to match that which was sold to Smithfield City and traceabilitty to the private funds that bought it. Good this will make this issue easy to resolve at the county clerks office and SFW showing when that single acre was purchased.
>
>9-Most of these property's are winter
>range and are open to
>all SFW member or not.
A great example of one of the many good things done by SFW.
>
>
>10-SFW pays required taxes and has
>covered the maintance of these
>property's.
This seems to be standard land management arrangements on most ownerships. I wouldn't expect to somoen else to pay the taxes and maintenance on my property.
>
>A discription of these property's can
>be found on SFW's website
Thanks already reviewed it others may want to do the same it is a nice addition to the website.

>
>
>Just a point of clarification these
>property's were purchased prior to
>the Expo. No Expo money
>has been used.
I have not been to worried about what the Expo money has bought I knew from the beginning that strings were not attached.
>
>Randy
>I appreciate your last post and
>I understand where you are
>coming from.
>I think both of us would
>agree there is a level
>of mistrust on both sides.
>
>
>I do not think that this
>is something that is going
>to be overcome by conversation
>on a public forum or
>even via telephone.
I have tried to get the answers in private for years. It appears I have had much better luck since it became viral.
(might be out of place addressing since it was directed to Randy, if so leet me know and I willremove my comment.) Travis
>
>SFW does not know what your
>real intentions are whether they
>be genuine or just looking
>for something to bring us
>down.
>
>Now having said that I fully
>understand that Don is the
>one that threw out the
>challange and you gracefully accepted,
>but from the begining SFW
>has taken the stance that
>this was a debate between
>two individuals even though Don
>is the Founder and does
>act as a consultant for
>SFW.
>
>He was not acting under the
>direction of SFW!
>
>For these reasons and others that
>have been expressed prior, SFW
>will not provide open access
>to its financials to you.
>
>
>Jason
>
>SFW's position is this. SFW supports
>the current rule concerning Convention
>Permits and the Application Fee's
>that were presented and accepted
>through the public process.
>
>SFW deem's the retention of $5
>dollars application fee as no
>different than what is paid
>to Fallon Nevada other than
>the fact that the Application
>Fee's generated at the Expo
>benifit Utah's Wildlife & Sportsman.
>
>
>I think it is important to
>mention that for the past
>two years SFW has provided
>the DWR with an accounting
>of where it has spent
>a large portion of the
>$5 Application Fee generated at
>the Expo.
>
>It has also been passed out
>at SFW Banquets and made
>available to the public via
>the internet.
>
>X-treme
>Troy Justensen

I have sent a link to this discussion to my state rep, Eric Hutchings. Waddoups is my Senator, who supposedly quit, so we wait and see.. Will let you guy's know his response. I signed the UWC proposal, did you???

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-12 AT 11:41AM (MST)[p]It looks like Don Peay sent X-treme to make a fool of himself and SFW.

Elite,

You have no clue. X-treme thanks for the info.
I have known X-treme for years. He has donated many hours to many conservation groups over the years. He decided to get involved with SFW, after being involved with others. Troy has a long record of helping youth and the less fortunate. Anyone who knows Troy, knows Troy is a man of intergity. Even those who don't like SFW.

Don Peay has done a great deal for the sportsmen in Utah.

Look in the mirror, when you claim people are making a fool of themselves. If you don't share the same view point or agree with some things fine. Calling people fools, who have done a great deal for others and hunting, which we all enjoy tells us something about you.

I have disagreements with some. Tony and I don't agree on some issues. He is doing what he feels is good for hunting. We don't need to be mean and call people fools.IMO.
Greg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-12 AT 02:24PM (MST)[p]I knew someone like you would be here to defend him. He might be a good fellow. X-treme sounds like he's receiving a paycheck so I hardly call that donating his time. I have been involved with non-profit groups also and never once have I received one cent for my time nor am I willing to get paid. I do it because i love to do it. I have been on countless habitat projects. I would put my man hours against his anytime.

SFW and X-treme look like fools when they are against the UWC proposal. They are sending a very bad message to sportsmen. BTW SFW have lost a lot of members. I don't hear a lot of people signing up to drink the koolaid.

"Don Peay has done a great deal for the sportsmen in Utah."

He has also taken away a lot of opportunity with his foolish ideas.

>AT 10:57?AM (MST)

>
>AT 10:49?AM (MST)

"RE: RMEF WantsTransparency on Special Permits"
Posted by X-treme on Jun-28-12 at 10:45 AM>

Randy

>SFW does not know what your
>real intentions are whether they
>be genuine or just looking
>for something to bring us
>down.

How many forums/threads/posts need to be read until SFW (and their members) realizes what not only Randy but the rest of the public want to see by auditing the SFW financials?

His "real intentions" are to provide answers (financial facts as to where money is being spent from PUBLIC tags that you are given to sell).

This is so ridiculous to follow. The level of ignorance, arrogance and flat out denial to put these questions to rest is disgusting.

Randy doesn't need to "bring you down" because your organization is clearly doing a find job on its own.

I hope the residents of Utah keep hammering on this and eventually get the transparency that needs to be required.

After hearing SFW's official response to the UWC proposal, I sent an email to Miles Moretti, President and CEO of the Mule Deer Foundation, inquiring as to MDF's official position. I will let the group know as soon as I receive a response.

I believe that it is important to give these two groups an opportunity to review the UWC proposal and to publicly state their position with regard to the proposal. SFW has done so. Let's see what MDF says.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

I was poking around on the internet last night looking for minutes from the Wildlife Board Meetings at the time the Convention Permits were first created. I wanted to see what statements and representations were made by the groups involved. Unfortunately, the DWR does not have minutes from this time period available on its website.

While researching this issue, however, I came across a website that included some correspondence from Cris Draper, formerly of KSL radio, and Don Peay of SFW regarding the Convention Permits. Mr. Draper was apparently a vocal critic of the proposal to create the Convention Permits and he exchanged several emails with Don Peay regarding the subject. These emails are interesting because they demonstrate that the general public was concerned clear back in 2005 about how the monies from those permits would be used, and the conservation groups involved made certain representations and statements to the public in an effort to address those concerns.

The entire thread can be found at the following link: http://www.utahoutdoors.com/responses-on-convention-tags.html However, I am only posting Don Peay's email to Cris Draper and Mr. Draper's response to Mr. Peay. I have highlighted a few of the statements that I found interesting.

Don Peay, Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife Founder and Founder of Utah FNAWS

Chris,

You have put out a bunch of false and inaccurate information about this Convention proposal.

First of all, the 200 permits would not be auctioned to the rich guys as you claim. They will be in a drawing, 1 application per person so there is even odds for all sportsmen who want to come and contribute to wildlife conservation in Utah ? there is a need for over $100 Million to restore rangelands devastated by drought, and 30 years of inactive management. Utah has a plan in place, with multiple partners, state, local, federal, to restore close to 1 million acres of critical wildlife habitats. The cost of rehab is $50 to $150 per acre. There is also a need to acquire tens of millions of dollars of critical winter range.

Second of all, I was contacted by the Davis County Economic development and tourism board, and when they saw the facts, versus your propaganda, they put out a clarification email and the leader of the groups said, ?A great idea for Utah business and a great idea for Utah wildlife, we should support this proposal.?

Third, Bill Christensen of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, John Leonard of the National Wild Turkey Federation, Ryan Foutz of Utah FNAWS, and Ray Lee of National FNAWS, Tony Abbott of the Mule Deer Foundation, and Byron Bateman of Sportsmen for Habitat have held numerous meetings, and have agreed in principle to work together and pull of this super convention. It will either by the ?national convention? of some of the groups, or ?State or Regional? convention of other groups. While this is a new event, and there will be a few challenges to pull it off, as completely disclosed in all the public meetings, the potential upside for wildlife conservation is very large, and that is why 10 RAC meetings, two wildlife board meetings have all shown positive, and more than super majority votes in favor of the proposal.

There has been no final document to present to the Board, because the Board has not yet determined the exact RULE under which the permits would be allocated.

Once this RULE has been finalized, then groups ? including groups other than those mentioned above will be allowed to make an application for these permits. The Rule as proposed would then have the DWR and Wildlife Board allocate these permits to the groups with the best proposal. Bottom line, there can be no proposal until there is a firm rule outlining what is expected.

As stated in all the public meetings, the five groups above have not committed all the funds to Utah projects, as much of the money will most likely come from out of state money, and Utah has been the recipient of wildlife transplants and wildlife conservation funds from outside of Utah. If Utah has such a small minded and provincial attitude about keeping everything in Utah, how can Utah expect continued support and importing wildlife from outside of Utah? Additionally, many contributors to these groups and this convention that live in Utah also enjoy hunting in other states, we don't mind investing in habitat in other states as well. What goes around, comes around.

Having said all that, It is believed that the majority of the application fees raised will go into Utah wildlife conservation projects. If you look at the track record of the five groups above, there has been tens of millions of dollars funding projects in Utah, projects that have increased wildlife herds and benefited the 85% of the sportsmen who are not involved, nor have not contributed to these projects.

I have attached a file showing the increase in Utah wildlife permit numbers ? 200 to 600% increase over the past 12 years, the sales price of the ?Statewide or Governors Permit? over the past 12 years that shows about a 500% increase in market perceived quality in Utah animals, and a little calculation showing the increase amount of $22 Million in total POTENTIAL value to Utah wildlife. In no way am I recommending selling all these permits, it is a calculation to show some people that make decisions based on money that there has been a significant increase in value to Utah, the vast majority of which has been passed on to Utah?s citizens at prices way below market value, and in many instances way below the cost to actually produce the animals. The point here is that Utah hunters who get these tremendous permits should be appreciative of the efforts made by conservation groups in partnerships with the state and federal agencies to make this happen.

I make no official comment for any of these organizations, that is up to them. For the past 5 months, I have served without pay from these groups to coordinate this combined effort. I have also traveled to many states meeting with various boards and sportsmen groups to get their support and understanding. To make the statement that these conventions would come to Utah without these permits is entirely false. Of 80 potential conventions over the past 20 years, 3 have been in Utah, not a good track record, and as I have found out, there are many misperceptions of Utah. Hopefully, this convention will set the record straight.

My official comment would be this. Utah wildlife and wildlife in the west faces incredible pressure in the face of Human populations growth, and all of the various activities that brings, including but not limited to loss of winter range, loss of productivity of federal lands, increased highway mortality, selling off of thousands of acres of School Trust Lands annually, Oil and Gas exploration to meet the increasing energy needs, and increased wildlife mortality due to predation. Utah lost over 100,000 deer hunters and a base population of over 300,000 deer. According to the biologists and range managers, unless nearly $100 Million is invested, deer and elk numbers will decline permanently.

Conversely, the attached graphs show that when sportsmen unite in a conservation group that partners with the DWR and Federal land agencies, the downward trends can be reversed, and populations can actually increase, which means increased hunting opportunities for everyone. The statewide elk plan being approved this week calls for the opportunity to increase elk from current 58,000 animals to perhaps 80,000 animals as habitat investment is made.

This convention will be a tremendous opportunity for all 120,000 or so Utah big game and turkey hunters to get involved, make a contribution to protect a sport and heritage they love. It will also be an opportunity to show the Utah legislature that hunting is a valuable and important part of Utah?s economy and culture. It will also be an opportunity for 120,000 sportsmen to thank the Utah legislature and Governor Huntsman who allocated an all time record $5.4 Million of non license funds (sales tax and general funds) this past session for critical land conservation and improving rangeland health. 15% of Utah?s hunters are involved in groups making a big difference, this convention will be a great opportunity for every sportsmen to get involved and make the major investments required to protect large and abundant game herds.

Finally, it will be an incredible opportunity for all the sportsmen groups to come together, save fundraising costs that can be translated to wildlife conservation investments, and bring all sportsmen from around the country together to have an equal chance to invest to make more wildlife, and reap the rewards of 200 of the west's best hunting permits.

Don Peay
Founder SFW
Founder Utah FNAWS

Cris Draper's Response to Don Peay's e-mail

Don,

My take, (included below these personal comments) sent out to my mailing list as well, on what the last week's work has panned out. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply and voice your opposing comments, and help in getting some of the questions I have been bombarded with answered. The biggest problem I see, you yourself admit, and that is that only 15% of the public hunting numbers belong to these groups for various reasons, yet the 85% left?. Are viewed by these groups as per say? not involved in making sure there is a future. That statement alone, within the hunting community causes a very harsh taste for the 85% and shows huge discontent and a lack of wanting to support "Organized" hunting fund raising events. I am the first person to admit that I started out pretty blind and had a hell of a time finding any information on public record for this proposal, so it was EASY for me to get facts wrong? wouldn't you agree?

You may use this anyway you like, but I will relate to you my personal experience at the SFW Banquet I attended many years ago in Provo. ( I went to one more after this with much the same end feeling) I came down with great enthusiasm to help support SFW, you personally and Prop 5. You most likely do not even remember meeting me that day. I offered to help create a web site for SFW, free of charge, hosting, design, the works to help gain support of your efforts to get Prop 5 to go through. Using my, at the time, number 1 hunting related web site anywhere on the web, to carry this word out. You seemed pretty excited and took a few minutes to talk it over before the ball got rolling with the banquet.

I ended up sitting at a table with no one I knew. Not a problem, I go out into public and make friends easily and am comfortable in these situations. I sat back and listened to the presentations on School Trust Land exchanges, protecting critical winter range, and many other topics? I was hooked. I went out, left the table and paid my membership right there. Feeling a little giddy to be a member of the first "hunting group" I had ever been a part of and committed to never let this feeling of, "I can be involved and make a difference" fade away from me in my life. Returning to the table, ready for more excitement and raffle fun the fun began to quickly fade.

I watched items that should have gone for huge dollars, go for half what they where worth. Of course as a 40 hours a week, blue collar worker, the prices where out of my range unless I wanted to forgo any chance at a hunting/fishing permit or taking away food from my 4 children and wife. Sad?. Out of the range of the "general hunter", yet a BARGIN for the people with large amounts of expendable money for recreational purposes. Luxury money, I look at that cherished few dollars I can chip out each year for recreational purposes. I realized as I listened to my table mates make their attack strategies for the items they wanted, talking about how they couldn't touch that permit for less than $4,000.00 through an outfitter and then high fiving each other as one of them scored the trip for $1,800.00. How many "general hunters" save all there life, never belong to SFW or any other group, and end up paying out that $4,000.00 with a BIG grin on their face as they do. FULL PRICE, no problem. I think hunters would do the same given the opportunity straight to the DWR, giving ALL the money to them for the projects and funding they need to manage wildlife as we have designated them to? I left that day wondering if this was really what I wanted to be involved with or not. I gave it one more try with SFW and found the same at the next banquet. Not singling out SFW, I have been to many of these events now, do my best to support their efforts in raising items for raffle, MC'ing their events, helping get the word out to the public on being a part of these groups (as I did for SFW at the recent ISE Show at the Hunting Theater to promote your banquet), yet I chose to NOT be a member due to the personal experiences I had.

This I have found, is a widely agreed upon view of banquets and use of tags given out for fund raising events there. Just ask the other 85%. Look outside your organization again, to the "grass roots effort" you originally introduced to me that day at the banquet Don. I ask this from the other 85% of Utah's hunters. They are the grass roots of Utah. They buy 85% of the gear from Sportsman Warehouse and other retailers, they buy 85% gas, of the general tags available to the public, I could go on and on... they pay 85% of the taxes too and deserve a voice.

Respectfully,
Cris Draper

There are a number of statement in Don's email that imply that the monies generated from the Convention Permits would be used for actual wildlife conservation projects. Other statements are more direct. For instance, Don stated that "It is believed that the majority of the application fees raised will go into Utah wildlife conservation projects."

Given these statements, together with the fact that the Conservation Permit rule expressly states that one of the two statutory purposes for the Convention Permits is to ?generate revenue to fund wildlife conservation activities,? is it not reasonable for the public to ask these groups if they have followed through on these promises? According to Cris Draper's website, Don made that statement clear back in 2005. That was 7 years ago. Aren't we as the public entitled to know where and how those funds have been spent?

I apologize for continuing to beat the same drum but I am dissapointed at the responses we have received from the DWR and the groups involved with this issue. I thought that perhaps if I refreshed their recollection as to what they told us (the public) seven years ago it might spur some action.

Please sign the UWC petition and send it to your friends. We have a difficult and uphill battle ahead if we are going to fix this problem.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>Please sign the UWC petition and
>send it to your friends.
> We have a difficult
>and uphill battle ahead if
>we are going to fix
>this problem.
>
>Hawkeye
>
>Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
>Winchester Apex .50 Cal
>Mathews Drenalin LD

Thanks again Hawkeye! You're exactly right and we are only 99 signatures away from the 1000 mark! Through out this and several other forums and websites we all read about how upset people are for opportunity being taken away from us. About how we all have to pinch pennies to be able to spend time in the outdoors chasing big game in our state anymore yet there are a few elite who can jump to the front of the line. Well, we know that those few elite spend good money that benefit wildlife that we, the stewards of our wildlife in Utah then put into those big game and hope and pray to see some kind of tangible results from. This helps us to clearly see those results and also answers those questions we all want answered of those groups who participate in this program. Its fair, its what it was intended to be anyway, and closes the divide among us sportsmen and benefits all groups including those who participate in the convention. I will even pledge to join any group that follows this rule change should we hit that mark and the WB adopts the proposal! Please, read the proposed changes, sign the petition and then share with friends and family. You can take the short time today to do that much for wildlife in the state of Utah. Thank you.

Shawn Spring
UWC Southern Utah Region Vice Chair

LINK: http://uwcnewsletter.wordpress.com/uwc-convention-tag-proposal/

I put out a request to a few friends and they are forwarding to thier friends so hopefully all of us can do the same and get the signatures you need in a few hours.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-12 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]I emailed 20+ friends and most were home today and responded saying they'd sign it before supper tonight. I see it's at 925 signatures now, so I hope a bunch of those are my contacts!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom