SD-GFP Bad Joke!!

SDBugler

Very Active Member
I got the following email last night while visiting my in-laws:

Dear BRIAN HEIDBRINK

Congratulations!

We have recently completed a limited issue drawing for the BLACK HILLS BIGHORN SHEEP Season.

Your choice, <<SChoice>> was successful.

If you applied using the online application system, your credit card will be billed $<<WinningFee>>.00 for the successful choice.

Best Regards
South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Licensing Office

Fortunately I had checked on line about 30 minutes before and found out that all 5 members of my family were all actually "unsuccessful" in the sheep and elk draws.

I ended up getting the same incorrect "sucessful" email for my wife and three sons (even though they issued ony one tag).

About an hour after the sucessful email, we got the true unsuccessful message and then this morning there was a message apologizing for the error. The message indicated that half the applicants got the incorrect message!!

I wonder how many guys were jumping for joy last night after receiving the "sucessful" message only to get shot down later with the real results.

I did receive three phone calls from friends last night calling to tell me they "drew THE sheep tag". I had to tell them the bad news.

It will be an interesting story as to why everyone was told they had drawn. Much like the lion population in the Black Hills theory.

I had the same email, but also had checked last night and saw the expected unsuccessful. I did have some fun with a friend though. Showed him the email this morning. He new I had already drawn the Wyoming tag. When he saw this notification I was the luckiest SOB in the world! To bad its not true.

My wife is having fun with her co-workers today as well. She works in MN so they don't know the issues we had with the incorrect emails. She is showing all the guys her "successful" email that she drew one of the two SD sheep tags!! Of course they are green with envy!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom