Secondary draw Hunting statistics.

brutus54

The secondary Draw Hunting statistics are out if anybody’s interested. I’m surprised that couple of the tags I looked at. That more youth didn’t get more of the tags??

I was thinking about applying for a secondary draw 2nd season buck tag in the unit I elk hunt. Glad I didn't all 14 available tags went to youth and it's a crappy deer unit.

Just did the math on two local units in the Secondary Draw. Both had deer tags for 2nd and 3rd season.

Stats are:

47 tags available to draw.

1004 first choice adult applicants.

177 first choice youth applicants.

Youth drew every tag - all on first choice.

Draw success for youth in ranged from 21% to 46%.

Just did the math on two local units in the Secondary Draw. Both had deer tags for 2nd and 3rd season.

Stats are:

47 tags available to draw.

1004 first choice adult applicants.

177 first choice youth applicants.

Youth drew every tag - all on first choice.

Draw success for youth in ranged from 21% to 46%.
And the CDW just made $9k off of the adults that applied with 0% chance at the tags.

Crazy in some units non resident youth drew 60+% of the tags.

Very unfair to resident youths as Co kids should get at least a 80-20 split.

Not sure why CPW hates us residents so much..
Absolutely, I guess we forgot to take the kick me sign off our backs. Even if you think there should be youth pref, it should strictly be youth residents, I was wondering when this would happen, when non res youths would start getting more tags than residents youth

And the CDW just made $9k off of the adults that applied with 0% chance at the tags.
Saw a “2nd draw” poster in sportsman’s the other day, this is an ad from the CPW mind you, it makes absolutely no mention about youth preference. Seems like the Ponzi scam they are running needs to end

I reviewed the stats and non resident youth pulled a lot of good tags. I’m pretty educated on the process and I was surprised specifically on the number of quality tags that went to non res youth.

I just looked at one that had one deer tag for the fourth season. That was guaranteed to go to a youth hunter. And there was 31 adults put in for that tag as their first choice. Unless they got a second or third choice somewhere that moneys gone. That tells me there was 31 adults that don’t understand how this secondary draw works.?

Last edited:
I would like to see how many of the Non-Resident youth tags actually hunt, with the low cost I think many of the parents just hope to take them.since no points were used I doubt they would be turned back in,

I would like to see how many of the Non-Resident youth tags actually hunt, with the low cost I think many of the parents just hope to take them.since no points were used I doubt they would be turned back in,
Are you suggesting adults are fraudulently acquiring youth tags and using them to hunt?

For the unit I applied for, there were very few youth that applied however NR's got most of the tags. I thought I may have a shot but didn't realize there's not split %'s for the 2nd draw. Back to the drawing board and joining the OTC crowd again!

I’m sick and tired of these youth hunters. Regulations need to change so you can’t hunt till you’re 18.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom