Seems like a lifetime ago.

DW

Long Time Member
Can't tell you how grateful I was that the men in charge were Vietnam veterans. It was an honor to serve under their command!

33342673134315415296792174845834846385425876442n.jpg

#livelikezac

It,s hard to believe that V N vets would be any good in the sand In 68 all I saw John was mud and rain. Mud grunt 1st air cav. John

Probably in the midst of heavy winter snows, trying to keep roads into my Park(Wild Horse SRA out of Elko, NV.) open, and at least a few campsites or access to restrooms for ice fishermen and winter campers. Average snow depth back then was 36" to 42" on the level. All I had for removal equipment was an old Bolens tractor (Japanese made) and a 1972 Inernational snowplow which barely worked most of the time.I had main road assistance from State Plows to keep road open for school bus and a fire truck, but alot of times I was either snowed in or barely cleared a one lane access to the Park. :)

> It,s hard to believe that
>V N vets would be
>any good in the sand
> In 68 all I
>saw John was mud and
>rain. Mud grunt 1st air
>cav. John
>

Thanks for your service John my dad served in Vietnam as well along with both my uncles. I think Vietnam veterans General Norman Schwarzkopf and General Colin Powell served well in Desert Storm because they had been trying to get the taste of Vietnam out of their mouths for 20 some odd years and they were finally getting their chance to do just that. I believe they hadn't slept well in those years since Vietnam and they were flat pissed off and they lead with that mentality. JMHO.

#livelikezac

I had just left flight school when it started. Everything we did was in support of grunts on the ground.

I just finished reading 'A Rumor of War' by Lieutenant Philip Caputo. It confirms everything I believed about the Vietnam war.

I think you're right DW. Absolutely right.

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-18 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]The air was began this am 27yrs ago

5931820180117124252.jpg

#livelikezac

I still remember being over in that Shythole country. I arrived at KKMC Saudi Arabia on a chartered Pan Am 747 on Christmas day, 1990.

Nemont

27 years ago tomorrow morning our payloads would change. Gone were the 500 - 2000 pounders. In their place would be canister bombs, cluster bombs, and guided missiles. Our targets were changing, we weren't taking out buildings or bunker's, we would be targeting troops.

40771screenshot20180223233503.jpg

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom