SFW rumbles

Cam@strawberry

Very Active Member
1710093578239.png
That’s gonna ruffle some feathers. From what I’ve heard the fallout is already significant.

I’m a big supporter of multiple use. I believe option 2 is the most practical solution. Kind of a sheep for sheep multiple use I suppose.

If we’re going to keep multiple use on public land, and we should, I support cattle, for a number of reason. Domestic sheep are not a high demand animal at the present time. At the same time, big horn sheep are a high demand animal.

That wasn’t the case 100 years ago, but it is today. If domestic sheep become a high demand animal someday, in the future, they can revisit this multiple use distribution of species allocation again.

Last edited:
Cotton, polyester, bamboo, now days, not wool.

If the green new deal, becomes the new deal we might be back to wearing feathers and reed skirts.

So does Don speak for SFW or not? There has been many claims on both sides about this, but they all seem to keep just chasing their tails on this topic.

For what it’s worth, here is the “official” SFW response.

IMG_0829.jpeg

So does Don speak for SFW or not? There has been many claims on both sides about this, but they all seem to keep just chasing their tails on this topic.

For what it’s worth, here is the “official” SFW response.

View attachment 139481
If I’m reading that correctly it suggests Don was asked to write a letter/memo/comment. Apparently Don did write it, but not in the language they wanted it written. The SFW Board pretty must stated that in this document.

Drawing any conclusion beyond that would be pure speculation unless there is more to this incident than is contained in either of these documents.

However I’m sure there will be a diverity of opinions expressed by a diversity of individuals.

I’ll wait to learn more before drawing any more conclusions.

Both parties in the past have claimed there is no longer an association and Don is not representing SFW any longer.

That’s why I pose the question on this topic.

You wouldn’t be shocked if either Don or SFW weren’t exactly being open and forthright with all their info and associations, would ya? I know I wouldn’t be shocked at all!

Both parties in the past have claimed there is no longer an association and Don is not representing SFW any longer.

That’s why I pose the question on this topic.

You wouldn’t be shocked if either Don or SFW weren’t exactly being open and forthright with all their info and associations, would ya? I know I wouldn’t be shocked at all!
I said, I’m not going to speculate, based on these two documents. Folks can read it and draw their own conclusion. Seems it’s the respectfully thing do, for all parties.

I respect you lump, but I don’t have much for the others mentioned.

They haven’t earned it.

(And I’m not referring to individual SFW rank and file, but the org itself.)

Now It's My Turn To Correct You Niller!

Does That Not Say 8-4-2023 At The Top Of What BEAVIS Posted?

Yes it does, but check the date on the SFW official response to this I posted. The fact that the Peay letter exists and what it contained is not old news.

I'm Not Arguing That!

I Said:What BEAVIS Posted Was Old News & It Is!

Date Submitted 8-4-2023

And elkantlers You Need To Pay Attention As Well!:D

Yes it does, but check the date on the SFW official response to this I posted. The fact that the Peay letter exists and what it contained is not old news.

You’re not getting what me and elkantlers are saying. So pay Eff’n attention!

The Don submitted his letter in August. Nobody, including SFW, knew what it said until recently. At least that’s what they are claiming now.

If I killed a man 6 months ago and they just tied it to me last week, are you going to call my arrest “old news” too?

Nah. It’s plenty new! You didn’t know about it…and you know EVERYTHING!!!

I Don't Know Everything!

It Is Somewhat Old News/What BEAVIS Posted!

And I Agree What You Posted Is New News!

Quit Being So F'N THICK F'N Headed & Accept The Facts!

When I Was Wrong I Admitted It & You Know It!

I Guess You're Not Gonna Admit You're Wrong!

But You Are WRONG!

What BEAVIS Posted Isn't New NEWS!

GEEZUS!

You’re not getting what me and elkantlers are saying. So pay Eff’n attention!

The Don submitted his letter in August. Nobody, including SFW, knew what it said until recently. At least that’s what they are claiming now.

If I killed a man 6 months ago and they just tied it to me last week, are you going to call my arrest “old news” too?

Nah. It’s plenty new! You didn’t know about it…and you know EVERYTHING!!!

Just A Little Hint For You Niller!

There Ain't Many Secrets Anymore!

Somebody Posts Something That Isn't Anything New & All Of A Sudden You're PISSED Because You Didn't Know It First & Before Others Got Wind Of It!!

You're Surely Smart Enough To Know It Happens!

I never thought I knew first. I never claimed to know first. I don’t even want to know first.

That’s your game, not mine.

As for what difference it makes…that’s a wonderful question! Why are you making such a big deal about it? You trying to get into one of your circular pissing matches to deflect for your boys at SFW?

I’m happy to get back on the topic Berry posted about. Why is Don Peay writing this letter and claiming authority to do so on behalf of SFW and its members?

You Called Me On The Other Thread & I Admitted I Was Wrong!

PAYBACKS (All In Good Fun!) Can & Will Happen & Sometimes It's A Real BITTCH To Some!

I Never said I Knew First!

But I Knew Before You Did Evident-ally!

I never thought I knew first. I never claimed to know first. I don’t even want to know first.

That’s your game, not mine.

As for what difference it makes…that’s a wonderful question! Why are you making such a big deal about it?

All I Know For Sure Is PEAYDAY Must Like Sheep As Much As I Do!

When He Mentioned A Few Counties & Included The USA It Made Me Chuckle!

If what I’ve heard is accurate, Don does not in fact speak for SFW since about Wednesday. 👀👀
That dude completely drove out of his lane on this one.

I still struggle to see how that board wasn't aware of the statement to be made by The Don, especially since it clearly states "On Behalf Of".

Something smells a little fishy here indeed.

Similar scenario on the MZ scope issue as well.
First it was this, then a statement claiming immunity from their own top duo.

So basically, SFW is the equivalent of the Joe Biden administration. Nobody knows who's really in charge, can't get their facts straight and has to walk back statements not made with a teleprompter.
That dude completely drove out of his lane on this one.

I still struggle to see how that board wasn't aware of the statement to be made by The Don, especially since it clearly states "On Behalf Of".

Something smells a little fishy here indeed.

Similar scenario on the MZ scope issue as well.
First it was this, then a statement claiming immunity from their own top duo.

So, Since you are the MM press secretary for SFW, Would that make you Karine Slammy Jean-Pierre?

we could just call you Slammy-Jean for short. 🤣🤣🤣

No.....you must not know what a press secretaries call of duty is......🙄

Nice attempt though 👍
You hold daily briefings of the inner workings of SFW. You try to spin the shenanigans going on with the Expo to make it seem legit. Like it or not Slammy-Jean. You are the chosen one.

I have a problem with Mr. Peay’s claim that SFW has contributed $25 million to conservation if this number includes funds raised by the auctioning, sale, or raffling of conservation permits. That feels like a stretch to me knowing that those permits were taken away from the public draw system and given to SFW for purposes of fundraising with certain strings attached.

I have a problem with Mr. Peay’s claim that SFW has contributed $25 million to conservation if this number includes funds raised by the auctioning, sale, or raffling of conservation permits. That feels like a stretch to me knowing that those permits were taken away from the public draw system and given to SFW for purposes of fundraising with certain strings attached.

I laughed when I read that. All of that money he's referring to is public money. Just like the money he takes for BGF and now Hunter Nation to lobby so much that all we can do if a wolf comes here from Colorado is call them and ask them nicely to come pick it up and take it home with them.

You've Gotta Re-vise Your Paragraph Niller!

I laughed when I read that. All of that money he's referring to is public money. Just like the money he takes for BGF and now Hunter Nation to lobby so much that all we can do if a wolf comes here from Colorado is call them and ask them nicely to come pick it up After It's Been Shot and take it home with them.

I would if that is what the Don had actually lobbied to get! But alas, we are stuck with funding millions of dollars for his lobbying efforts and exactly what here in Utah to show for it?

It was a pleasure to watch Casey Snider call him out on his BS, even if it was only for a short time before they cut him off.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom