She did it!!

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
I decided to take the girls out for some carp hunting. my oldest has been begging me to get her a bow to give it a shot. Well I decided to just take her target bow down and set it up with the carp gear instead.

I cut one of my arrows down to size and took her out in the yard and had her shoot at a few things to get her aiming down. She is not using a sight so she needed to see how far under to aim with the tip of her arrow. After a few shots she was dialed in.

When we got to the lake we found a few that were begging to be shot. My daughter defiantly had carp fever. her first shot was just to the side. The second shot hit one right in the side. the arrow only stuck in about an inch. The carp bolted out of the water and headed for the weeds where it tore the arrow out. the next shot bounced one off a carps head.

I could see with her short draw length and light lbs she wasn't going to get one to the bank so I pulled out the allen wrenches and maxed her bow out to 40lbs. I new she wouldn't be able to pull it back on her own and I would need to help her out.

The next two arrows went high. She had to compensate for the new lbs. My wife and girls were getting cold so I told Lindsay she only had one more chance.

This is when big ol mo showed up. The wife was videoing as I helped her pull her bow back. once she got it back I stepped to the side and got out of her way. she aimed for quite some time before she let it rip. Knowing it was her last chance she made the best of it and made her dad proud. this time the arrow got full penetration. there were quite a few fishermen fishing and they all got to see the show they all clapped and cheered her on.

Lindsay's bow's axle to axle is about 30" so the carp is about the same length and about 7-9 lbs.

here is a few video clips of her first Carp. Just click on the link above the photo and give it a few seconds to play. She is also going to check back and see what you guys think. So let her Know.

here are a few photos
DSC01192.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

That cool, We have alot of carp up in Big Bear lake.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Congradulations Lindsay, that is a trophy for sure! SWBuckmaster, I'm sure you must be a proud Dad. I would be if it was me. fatrooster.

Bowfishing is awesome! She did great, they are pretty hard to hit! So many different variables.

Was that in Utah lake? There's a lot of carp there, you can hear them hitting the bottom of the boat while cruising along the shore. The fish and game is trying to get them out of there netting them so its encouraged.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Did you teach her that she has to eat what she kills? ;-)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

Great job LinZ!! Looks like you had an awesome time lil girly, make sure you tell your old man thanks a bunch so you can do it again soon :)

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

That is awesome! I've never bow-fished, but I think I will have to try it now! I've been spear-fishing quite a bit, and it was a blast, but with a bow I think it will be that much better.

There probably aren't very many girls her age who have shot and killed a fish with a bow (1 in a million?), that is quite impressive!

Nocked N Loaded

That was cool! She was so excited. LOL Very cute (not the carp LOL) My 12 year old was impressed as well. He said, "That little girl shot that carp? Wow. That's pretty good!" High five to her!

My Favorite part is when your wife says "disgusting"....LMAO...that is great!!!

With two little girls of my own..I love this. I just let my 7 year old watch it and she said...AWESOME!!! Now she wants a bow...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-10 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]>Did you teach her that she
>has to eat what she
>kills? ;-)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

you mean like this. we did try one because it does seem like a waste to just throw them in the trash. the white meat isnt bad, the red meat is gross, and they have lots of bones. We now just give them to who ever wants them along the river. there are always lots of takers.

Do you think they would be good bait for bears. If so I should just fill the freezer and give them out to any takers.

0429101809.jpg

0429101814.jpg

0429101832.jpg

We have also used them for bait at strawberry. The rest do eventually end up in the trash and It has gotten easy to just do it. I just dont put them in my trash lol. They stink up the whole neighborhood.

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Hey Mike T
we are coming down to the summer games even if I wont be there. Lindsay loves you guys down there. She is always treated awesome.

Thanks

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Wow bucky, you just went up a notch in my book, you really did fillet a carp.....impressive!!!
(your better than me!! ;-))

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

I've always wanted to do that with the king salmon as they lay on the bottom of the gin clear river. The warden said "NO". :(

Eel

Lindsey,
Great Job... Jake is jealous and want to come shoot with you.
By the way, did your Dad tell you that you are suppose to Kiss the first Sucker you shoot? It brings good luck. Pucker up, honey! Tell you Dad to he can kiss it too!

Loved all the photos of your gormet meal.

Gary
(Midnight)

Atta Girl!
When I was a kid I enjoyed hunting carp as much as anything.
Way to go.

Nice job Lindsay!

Adorable duo of "Daddy's girls" there swbuckmaster. Keep making those memories...as they sure grow up fast.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom