shed dog training

bukslayer

I have been thinking of getting a lab to find sheds. Do any of you guys know a good training book or other equipment so I could figure out how to get them goin? Thanks

Do a search here, some very useful info. esp. from fatrooster, I trained my lab with info I found here and my lab is awesome.

My 9-month old border collie, Creek, found a little deer antler all on her own last weekend! Whether that continues and translates to elk antlers remains to be seen. No training around my house; just plenty of extra antlers around his life.

I got 1 year old lab, I've been trying to get tuned up. He's really good around the yard and smaller fields for practice, but is yet to find much any bone in the hills that I haven't seen prior.

I did some research on youtube, there are a few guys posting up some good training videos, Dogbone does a pretty good job, they push their supplies, I threw down on some of their antler scent for training, that has been gettin the dog using his nose real good.

I know you aren't looking for advice but I must say it is very important not to ever let your dog fail in the woods - even if you pack a small shed around in your pack all day and let him find it if you're gonna get skunked - I have a seven year old lab that I trained myself and my main regret is letting him fail so many times.

Nowadays there are several great videos out there. Go to Everythingsheddog.com and you will find three videos which are all good. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-14 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]You know what would be better then training a lab to find sheds? Tinting antlers on your own or get a new hobby.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom