Single elk shed wall hangers?

HUNT

I am looking for a good way to hang a single elk shed antler over a print. Does anyone make antler hangers? I thought maybe that gun hangers might work. What do you use to hang elk sheds on the wall with? Pics and ideas would be nice. Thank You

my poor-man method:

buy simple leather boot strings (they come in about three shades: dark, medium, light). buy the shade that best matches your shed and surrounding trim work in your house/office or in your case also on the mat of your print.

tie/cut one string around the main beam between the two brow tines, then tie/cut a second around the main beam below the sword point. leave some loose string in each loop.

place the shed points-up on the wall and mark the wall behind the two locations you installed the leather strings.

install screws at each mark. ensure the screws are stout (use plastic wall anchors if wall studs are not available at your marked locations) and long enough for you to loop any loose string over the screw head and snug the shed up against the wall such that the screws and string are almost 100% concealed.

Thanks for the info. I ended up drilling and put hooks on the back.

MVC-elkpic002S.jpg

nice shed/print.

i can't bring myself to drill holes in my sheds, but yours turned out well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom