SLC what to do?

DoeNob

I've got a work deal in Park City later this month, I will have about 4 hours to kill on the 26th before my flight out. Have never spent much time there, anything that shouldn't be missed?

I always drive by as fast as I can and not get 1911 after me. Even then those Utards will still blow by you as if you were sitting still.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-13 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]DoeNob, if your username is lacking the SECRET "S" as a code word for DoesNobs, then you just might enjoy SLC from all of the clubhouse stories flowing outta there...

That is why I don't stay overnight for the expo, I show up and leave the same day, minimize my risk of being there...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

4 hours isnt very long so I'll suggest a quick idea. Walk around temple square and look at the temple. I'm not even relegious but looking at the construction of the temple is very impressive. There is a visitor center that has old pictures and history about how the temple was made. Its pretty impressive when you figure how old the structure is and where all the granite came from by horse drawn wagons.

The capital has or used to have a cool little museum that had a lot of Utah history. Or if the Kennecot vistor center is open its pretty cool to look at such a huge open pit mine.

You could go swim in the Great Salt Lake! It is a hot spring! Don't let it get in your mouth. A lot of Bikini Babes out there! Rutnbuck

Go to the Temple.. knock on the front door 4 times using only your left ring finger. It's your only chance at salvation.
Well.. that and you can't masterbate anymore.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Honestly, head out to antelope island and see if you can see the wildlife; deer, antelope, coyote, bison and birds. That is definately worth it.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Antelope island is a great place, I think it cost $9 to go out there, but it is worth your time. Temple square is good. Also Scheels and Cabela's are always good.

> Hey Foundation
>I heard they built that
>Temple in 2 years!!
>How impressive is that?
> Rutnbuck

Dang I dont remember reading about how long it took to build. All I know is every time I drive from downtown to Little Cottonwood I think about how long it would take in a horse drawn wagon. I have been lucky enough to go in the church vaults in Little Cottonwood a few times for work and it is impressive how much granite those old timers took out of there.

> Foundation it really
>took them 40 years.
> Rutnbuck

LOL. Ok that sounds better. Dang I was really impressed thinking them pioneer folk had some mad skills to build it in two years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom