Slick Trick Broadheads

imouthuntin

I have been used the slick trick 100 grn. broadheads and really like how they fly and what they do when they hit meat. I enjoy not making any adjustments to my sight because they fly just like my field points. What is your take on these? I know there are alot of options and alot of hype out there, is there a better broadhead?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-12 AT 11:37PM (MST)[p]imo, there are better broadheads out there. But if you are confident in that broadhead thats all that matters. A lot of guys like them so they must work ok.

I HEAR NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SLICK TRICKS & THE SHUTTLE T LOCK BH. RIGHT NOW I AM SHOOTING THE SHUTLE T'S, BUT WOULD ALSO LIKE TO TRY THE SLICK TRICKS AS WELL. BOTH ARE SUPPOSE TO BE FIELD TIP ACCURATE, AS COMPARED TO MOST BH. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER OPINIONS ON BOTH.......THANKS.....YD.

i think tricks are a great head i do not use them any more .
switched to wac ems and havent looked back tough long range accurate head . but if they fly good and your happy with them no reason to change unless you just wana try something else.

I think slick tricks fly great. I was not impressed with there sharpness out of the package. Further they do not sharpen near has easy has some other broad heads.
Just keep them sharp!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-12 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]I've bought maybe 12 or 15 packs of tricks over the years, they've never NOT cut hair with ease, furthermore they've cut hair after shooting them into a block target 20 or more times. Maybe you got a freak pack or something. Those germans know how to make steel and make steel sharp.

Bill

I've killed 5 deer with them. Going to elk hunt with them now. Last night my buddy and I were drilling tacks out to 50 yards with them. Mine hit slightly lower than field points. Not enough to justify moving any pins though.

I killed my first elk with Slick Trick heads earlier in Sept. Hugged the shoulder a little tight but the head stayed together and did enough damage to put him down. Notice how mangled one blade is.

8476ivories_edited.jpg

I think they are a great head for most applications. For me not so much.I like a bigger cut broadhead. My goal is to expell all of the arrows energy in the animal. I think this should be everyones goal. I want to cut the biggest hole possible while still getting a pass threw. This is extremly hard to do but if you can do it i think its the way to go. Now mywife shoots slick tricks because she cannot get pass threw with much bh much bigger than that but i think guys waste alot of there bows energy by shootin small bh. That being said accuracy is much more important along with confidence so always error on theside of caution if that makes sense

I love slick tricks! I killed a 4 point bull elk this year at 60 yards. Arrow passed through and he only ran 80 yards before tipping over. Great penetration and huge blood trail. They fly with my field points out to 80 yards.

My father just shot his 6x6 bull elk with a 100 grn. standard head out of a pse xforce set at 54 lbs. shot him at 50 yards right behind shoulder and penetrated into the opposite shoulder, bull ran 80 yards and we watched him him the dirt, we have killed a few elk and deer with them its all we shoot great heads fly great and kill fast. you can see kill in the elk section under Rons 2012 elk kill video.

They are a good head for the $$ and fine for deer size game.

Larger heavier hide game and you may have issues with many of the short design heads plowing through thick hide- dulling blades, less penetration, etc.- been there. A COC head with more taper won't have these issue though it will be a bit harder to tune if you are shooting fast and light.

My father used a standard 1" cut for better penetration per slick trick manufacture, it put a hole in the bull and it looked like he was hit with my 7mm mag for deer we use the magnum 1 1/4" cut they are devastating look at all the reviews easy to tune usually fly same as my field tips to 50 yards then drop about an inch or two after that due to blade drag.

westelkman- If you don't think they work good on large, heavy game I would guess you probably haven't shot them at large game (no offense intended). I have personally seen them penetrate a scapula on the near side and almost make it through the far side on a bull elk my cousin shot. The bull hit the dirt as soon as it was hit. I killed my bull this year at 60 yards and the arrow zipped right through him, huge blood trail, and he was down very quickly. If you want great penetration on medium and large game this is a fantastic head!!!!

I have been using slick tricks for a few years... I love them... this year I shot my bull and buck same day and they dropped dead less than 40 yards from each other...100 gr slicks took them both out fast... deer the arrow buried into opposite leg and just came thru the other side after a hard hit... the Bull, clean pass thru... I called to bull right after shooting... he stopped and I could hear the blood dumping on the ground as it came out both sides... sounded like someone dumping water on the ground...bull last year was about same experince. I will keep using them.

Pics in link:
http://livinthedream-rusty.blogspot.com/

On elk, I have two out of three pass throughs and there is not a broad head made that would have passed through where I hit the non-pass through shot. They are great heads, and with the four blade style, they put a huge round hole in both sides that bleed like mad. i prefer the standard 100 grain heads, they fly like field tips in a properly tuned and set up bow. Just my .02

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom