Slow in your area?

JPickett

Long Time Member
Calling always seems to slow down around here this time of year. Lots of theories why but who really knows. Haven’t been out a ton with the holiday but the times I have made it out have been sloooooow.

You guys seeing the same thing where you’re at?

They are not going to come to your calls anymore, we have so many people that moved here turning the pandemic and they brought with them their crappy calling sequences that they learned on U-Tube. The coyotes are sitting on the hill above you laughing.

They are not going to come to your calls anymore, we have so many people that moved here turning the pandemic and they brought with them their crappy calling sequences that they learned on U-Tube. The coyotes are sitting on the hill above you laughing.
I call in educated coyotes all the time. I don’t have access to a bunch of private property and I actually think the guys that don’t know what they’re doing help. I’m not throwing the same ole rabbit out there for 20 minutes straight.

Still killing coyotes it just always slows down from about mid December to end of January.I was averaging a coyote every other stand now it’s one or two a day, pretty typical in my experience for this winter slow down. I think it has more to do with the breeding cycle coming up but again, lots of theories out there. After Christmas pressure being one.

Kinda why I’m asking. Any of you guys that have access to vast private un pressured ground see the same thing this time of year?

guys get way to caught up on sounds. it's the 3rd thing i think of in a set. how you set up and how you present a sound is way more important than what sound or if its coming out of a speaker or hand call. coyotes will come to both, they're not actually capable of reasoning.

i called a dog in last week in middle of the desert with kid goat distress. that coyote had never seen or heard a goat in his life

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom