So.... now the utah application dates are over

deerkiller

Very Active Member
How many days until they release the recommended permit numbers for the hunts? Next week? Seems like it’s always within a week after the last day to apply has happened. ?

what did you apply for and are hoping to draw?

I applied for Nebo LE muzzleloader elk. And OIL Nebo mtn goat. The wife’s application mirrored mine. Pipe dreams all around!

How many days until they release the recommended permit numbers for the hunts? Next week? Seems like it’s always within a week after the last day to apply has happened. ?

what did you apply for and are hoping to draw?

I applied for Nebo LE muzzleloader elk. And OIL Nebo mtn goat. The wife’s application mirrored mine. Pipe dreams all around!

Though the proposed tag numbers will be revealed in the April RAC meetings, the final numbers won't happen until after the April 30 Board Meeting.

You're right! Sorry, I missed that.

Come to think of it, if they just bumped those packets up a couple of weeks, that would be a way they could tell us what the tag numbers would probably be BEFORE we have to apply. That sounds like a winning proposal to me!

I believe the recommended tag numbers were released last year on March 9th. Literally less than a week after the draw ended.

You're right! Sorry, I missed that.

Come to think of it, if they just bumped those packets up a couple of weeks, that would be a way they could tell us what the tag numbers would probably be BEFORE we have to apply. That sounds like a winning proposal to me!
I said the same thing in another post. I don’t see any reason why the numbers couldn’t be posted prior to the end of the application cycle.
None the less... I only applied for GS deer, LE pronghorn & desert big horn. Then bonus points only for elk & LE deer.

SJ early rifle elk, Henry rifle Deer, BH (both Rocky and Desert) moose.

All as a NR.

I feel very lucky this year!

Now back to reality...having lived in Utah for over 20 years, before becoming a NR, I know a few good GS elk spots. This is my son’s first year applying and I really hope he gets the youth any bull elk. It would be great to get back to my old stomping grounds and love hunting elk with my boy.

Good luck to everybody in the draws this year!

NR 23 for Pauns deer, and 20 for Wasatch moose. I would love to have either one in the next 5 years.

Family - Southern utah, general season muzzy, hopefully at least 2 of 4 will drew and one general archery deer, should drew, 5 for random drew Henry deer, 1 for Lt elk Manti, random drew, bison, random draw, 5 for moose, one with 24 points?.

Just wait and see now!!!

NR 23 for Pauns deer, and 20 for Wasatch moose. I would love to have either one in the next 5 years.
Blank
Once again it looks like you and I are in for the same deer hunt with the same amount of points. I am in for the Pauns Muzzy this year. I think there a few other guys right in there with us also. I hope those Henries guys don’t jump over.
I wish you luck but I wish me a little more luck.

BH: Good luck to you on the draw. Had a conflict of dates this year, so moved from muzzy to rifle in October. Maybe we will both draw!!!

Now that UT's app period has ended (changed one app from Mtn Goat to another point instead), we will have to finish up another state's apps or just let it ride with what has already been put in.

Dedicated deer for nebo. Tempted to do nebo archery elk for next year. We will see how it goes this year, before I commit to it.

GS deer, LE deer, 0 points for both don't look good for me this year.
Utah state wide is limited entry now it seems like,need 2 or 3 points to draw a general season pretty much.