Something Ironic

ByeByeObamas

Looking at Toprut, there was a unit that actually took less pts to draw with the regular than the special. I get how it can happen, but it is just ironic.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-19 AT 04:40PM (MST)[p]That happens once in a great while the way the Wyoming draws are set up and other things can happen too. A friend actually went into the high priced elk draw a couple years ago and was unsuccessful. When he looked in the draw odds he found that two guys had partied with less than one PP than he had. They ended up drawing two tags the way Wyoming gives a party the extra tags in that scenario because there was only one tag left. When he looked at the Regular Draw stats he saw that they would have drawn their tag there and there was still a tag or two that he would have drawn if he had picked the Regular Draw.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-19
>AT 04:40?PM (MST)

>
>That happens once in a great
>while the way the Wyoming
>draws are set up and
>other things can happen too.
> A friend actually went
>into the high priced elk
>draw a couple years ago
>and was unsuccessful. When
>he looked in the draw
>odds he found that two
>guys had partied with less
>than one PP than he
>had. They ended up
>drawing two tags the way
>Wyoming gives a party the
>extra tags in that scenario
>because there was only one
>tag left. When he
>looked at the Regular Draw
>stats he saw that they
>would have drawn their tag
>there and there was still
>a tag or two that
>he would have drawn if
>he had picked the Regular
>Draw.

Yep. I out smarted myself that way one year too...lol It happens.

Yep split family up on some of the high point area's because of that. Changes up occassionally on given years

Happened to me last year...Went high priced and got beat out by regular priced! This year I just went regular and drew, go figure...

'Ike'

Bowhunter...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom