Sunday Brisket

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Attempted my second ever brisket this weekend. It came out much better than my first attempt. The flat was just a touch dry but not bad at all. Will definitely try to perfect it next time.
BCFB0C16-C175-4FA3-8940-2B6944CD64D4.jpeg

670B762E-7984-45A4-8E54-65578D386B00.jpeg

I cooked mine for about 8 hours at 180 until it hit 165 then wrapped it in butcher paper and finished it at 225. I pulled it at about 195 and it finished at 202.

I cooked mine for about 8 hours at 180 until it hit 165 then wrapped it in butcher paper and finished it at 225. I pulled it at about 195 and it finished at 202.
So you cooked at 180 then wrapped and increase cooker temp to 225 until 195 internal? Rest time? Cooler time? This is where I ram into error I believe.

So you cooked at 180 then wrapped and increase cooker temp to 225 until 195 internal? Rest time? Cooler time? This is where I ram into error I believe.
That is correct. I pulled it at 195 internal temp and started resting it. It continued to raise temp until it hit 202. Many people say 203 is the temp to hit so I figured I did ok.
It rested for about 2 hours maybe a little longer. You need to let it rest until the internal temp is about 160 and then it’s ready to slice. I just left the meat probe in the brisket and kept an eye on the temp until it dropped back down to 165. Unwrapped and sliced.
I’m far from an expert and don’t even know if this is the correct method but it’s what I followed from some other peoples posts and it turned out pretty good.

We have a pan of water under our grate/meat. All the essence from the meat drips into the water. Once the meats done, we slice and put in a container, and pour the essence back over the slices brisket. Cover and let it sit. Always turns out moist and full of flavor.

We have a pan of water under our grate/meat. All the essence from the meat drips into the water. Once the meats done, we slice and put in a container, and pour the essence back over the slices brisket. Cover and let it sit. Always turns out moist and full of flavor.
I never thought to pour it over the meat. It usually looks quite yucky. :unsure:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom