Taurus TCP .380

Will this be a semi or revolver? The 380 is the min. for self defence. Reported to be a 3 shot instead of a 2 shot for stopping power. I would seriously look at a 9mm for this type of app. The diff. in recoil is min. Will she be getting a ccw or for home use?

Ray

She will keep it handy in the house and will take it with us every time we go out plinkin. Possibly CCW in a few months too.
She asked me what I wanted for my 45th b-day and I told her , I'm turning 45, I want a 45 semiauto. I was given a baby eagle in .45 ACP. She told me a few weeks ago that I could buy her a pistoly for her b-day and she will be 38 this time. She wants a semi-auto , so that is what it is.....
Thanks for the reply.

I've got a nice little Beretta .380 that a friend gave me a few years ago in exchange for the wood he cut off my place up north. I don't carry, but if I did I think I could get several rounds off quickly and accurately enough, especially with the PD rounds available, to convince someone to cease and desist, LOL!

I'm not usually a fan of Taurus but I read a lot of good reviews on the TCP so I bought one a few months ago. I've been impressed with this little gun so far. I would definitely let her shoot one before you buy it, there's not a lot to hold onto and it does bark for a little gun. She may be more comfortable having a little more grip to hold than the TCP offers.

I prefer it to the Ruger LCP because the slide locks open on the last round and I picked it up for $189. Anyone who knocks the .380acp for being underpowered needs to stand back at 10 yards and catch a couple in the gut, that'll shut them up. There are some pretty hot rounds loaded for it today.

A bigger gun always gets left behind when you need it. You can keep the TCP in a pocket holster 24/7 and hardly know it's there.

I would also recommend trying to shoot one before buying it. I have the ruger lcp and it is very small in my hands.

If you just want a semi-auto to play with that is a 38, you might look at a 38 super.

Gun feels small even in the hands of a small person. The gun is a knuckle buster and as said prior have her try the gun out before purchasing. I would get one since how they fit the hand seems poor.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

One thing I did for mine that I really like is put the Pachmayr slip on cushioned rubber grip. That filled the grip out in the hand and feels much more comfortable.

Not sure how this gun could be a knuckle buster. It's not like a revolver where you can get your finger between the grip and trigger guard.

Women are very picky when it comes to handguns. I would never buy a handgun for a woman without letting them test drive it first if at all possible.

Thanks for the comments guy's. When she gave me my .45, we went together and held every one they had on the wall.
I believe I will take her to the wall for a hand holding.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom