Thank you Gravity

Forkhorn

I was out shed hunting in a place that I frequently have found elk sheds in the past and came up with no elk sheds. I went up a whole bunch of steep slopes in search of bone and came up with nothing. So I finally crossed a steep slope and could not take another step. I had to rest. I sat down on the steep slope and opened up my bag to have a snack. As I was finishing my snack I must have just barely brushed my bag or perhaps the wind changed. My bag started rolling down the steep slope. As I watched it take its first three rolls I crossed my fingers hoping it would stop, and all of the sudden it started gaining more speed. Soon my camera erupted from one of the pouches and jumped three feet in another direction. I carefully watched it get snagged in a sagebrush bush. The pack tumbled all the way to the bottom of the canyon. As I reached my camera I turned it on to see if it worked and as I was looking for something to take a picture of there it was. A two year old three point deer shed lying right underneath a cedar. Its nothing special but atleast gravity didnt let me go home empty handed. Thank you gravity.
PICT0084.jpg

Be carefull it could have been you bouncing down the hill!

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

Patience... Photograph speaks for itself.. but thanks for the concern :)
Wyokeit. I noticed your antler wedding deal on the other post and I am currently trying to convince my fiance to do the same thing. My big day is on November 3rd in Timponogos

Congrats!!! My wife and I had a wedding cake the shape of our favorite mountain. She put antler and rock and flower center pieces on the tables. Would have had an antler arch If we had thought of it.It's a great blessing to be married to someone who likes to be in the hills as much as I do!

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

I had the same thing happen this spring. I had the spotting scope and camera in the back, I saw the elk i was after, but when i took the pack off the scope and camera went rolling down the hill. I managed to grab the scope after 3-4 roles, but hte camera made it about 50yards and a few severe bounces. I did manage to find it in working order. I keep it in a soft case so i am sure that helped save it.
PAID2HUNT
THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN WATCHING THE SUNSET AFTER A DAY HUNTING OR FISHING.
www.huntn.biz/12851

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom