Too Many Tag Dilemma

MQQSE

Normally I am on the outside looking in, but this year seems to be different. I have possibly too many tags for this fall and am unsure what to do and wanted some advice.

With yesterday's Utah results, my Brother-in-law and I have two NR Henry Mountain Cow Bison tags on top of an Early Rifle elk conservation tag that I have in addition to an AZ early rifle Unit 9 antelope tag that I was blessed enough to draw. Beyond that I am helping my father in law out in late October in WY with deer and antelope tags that he should easily draw.

Certainly time will be an issue, but I can probably deal with that end of things. My biggest question is if two cow bison tags for the last season of the year is too much to take on or if we should turn one of them back?

I have enough points where it would be easy to draw it again in the future, but not enough to really get a bull tag. Do you get a tag refund if you return the tag?

Any productive or funny thoughts are welcome.

I hope everyone else is having some luck in the draws this year as well.

You will loose $25 if you turn it in 30 days before the season. I would keep all the tags and make one heck of a run. Call it your Super Bowl :). If you do turn it back in do it quick so someone else can have as much time as possible to prepare for the hunt as it is a NR tag and will go to NR once given back.

I hear what your saying. I some how pulled a tag for utah also almost forgot I applied. So with that I'm almost afraid of what could happen on Friday for Nevada. Not likely but could pull three tags there plus I promised a trip to Disneyland this fall.

I was in the same boat in 2012. Drew Nv. Res. cow archery, NV muzzy buck, Panguitch muzzy gen. buck, and a Utah non Res. LE Archery Bull. Turned in the archery cow in Nv. Luck of the draw I guess, but the downer was I never harvested anything that year on any of the hunts. They were all great hunts and I had a blast on all my trips but when I look back at it all I kinda wish that all the tags didn't come at one time. Maybe?

Ray

This year I have drawn no tags, but last year I sure did and we made a run. Though my wife has told it would not be wise to do a repeat. Here is what we got through last year and it was a blast:
1. Utah CWMU archery deer
2. Utah limited entry antelope
3. Wyoming Region G
4. Utah early bull Wasatch
4. Sons first muley hunt 2b youth hunt new mexico
5. My own 2b new mexico late rifle
6. My sons 2nd deer hunt arizona strip
7. My Coues deer hunt Arizona
Now that was a packed schedule. If I were you I would GO for it. You have nothing to lose!!

That is a good problem to have! If you surrender your permit you must forfeit the tag fee in order to keep and accumulate points. So you will lose your Non resident Bison permit fee to keep the points. You may want to consider hiring a guide to help with your hunt. The late season cow hunts can be difficult. Remoteness, Weather and hunting pressure make for a tough hunt. Check out Bronson outfitting web page, get hold of Adam and see what he can do for you. They have one late cow Bison hunter already. They will be in the area already scouting and hunting and could possibly give you a better deal.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom