Try to explain this to your 10 or 11 year old that you had told couldnt enter the draw

RE: Try to explain this to your 10 or 11 year old that you had told couldnt enter the draw

Straight up BS.

RE: Try to explain this to your 10 or 11 year old that you had told couldnt enter the draw

>>I wanna know in detail how
>>they're putting a tag back
>>in to draw and just
>>how much this was going
>>to cost the department?
>>Justin
>
>Shouldn't they make money with the
>additional tag sales?

I guess that's a possibility
Justin

total lame AZZ excuse hose 1500 kids instead of 362 ?? makes perfect sense !!! total BS so I guess everyone that drew buck & bull tags last year should be putting in each & every year MAYBE they will catch it & allow 362 of the 1500 plus applicants a chance again !!! Completely Wrong but hey way to go F&G for instilling in these 1800 plus kids that YOU CAN BREAK LAWS & BE REWARDED !!!!!

There were 362 kids drew. IF there were a total of 4 people on each of the illegal applications then 1448 people received tags that were not eligible due to the original illegal act of purchasing the licence that should have kicked out all 1448 people from the first draw.
Biological caps were put on the number of tags. So now we are going to bypass those biological caps and just issue tags? I wonder if the freedom of information act would allow us to see how many total tags were issued with the piggybacking that went on. The press release said a majority of them were group applications.

Another thing. How about us guys that drew our second choice instead of our first choice? we don't get in on the extra 362 bonus permits. Then there are the parents that didn't put their kids in for permits because they were playing fair. What happens when those dads take their kids into 44 and 45 and shoot bucks because they didn't get the opportunity to put in? How will that be handled?

>What happens
>when those dads take their
>kids into 44 and 45
>and shoot bucks because they
>didn't get the opportunity to
>put in? How will that
>be handled?

Well obviously if enough people do it, it would be too time consuming to prosecute.

Justin

What a load of BS. and how is it that 30% of these kids draw their very first year? 30% is a huge number! I know I haven't drawn for the past 6 years. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if F&G selected some of these young kids for the draw.

And then he says he didn't want to do disappoint these kids and deny them their first hunting opportunity? REALLY?! Apparently he forgets there is a general season. this is a chicken s**t decision in so many ways.

It was stated in the original press release that it would take too much time to remove and redraw after the ineligible applicants were removed, doesn't it take the same amount of time to add the additional tags and draw again??? This is total BS and all involved need to be reprimanded. It wasn't about just the kids drawing it was about their parents not following the law. Not one of these kids that put in illegally walked or rode their bike to the license vendor and applied by themselves. Giving my son a free application fee means nothing, it is just conveying that if you break the law in numbers it is alright.

What a load of corn nuggets. Those kids would have the rest of their life to get over it. What about people who have paid their taxes and license and CH fees all their life and were cheated by IDFG for having their heads up their butts on this mistake ?

>>I wanna know in detail how
>>they're putting a tag back
>>in to draw and just
>>how much this was going
>>to cost the department?
>>Justin
>
>Shouldn't they make money with the
>additional tag sales?

Is it going to cover the cost of this drawing and all these gift certificates of sufficient value that's going to get handed out? I doubt it! Does anyone even know what this magnitude truly is? He says only 1500. How can he stop it at 1500? If its 5,000 new hunters a year so your at 9,000 taking out the 1,000 that got to put in like posted previously by Buglinbulz. Even if its half of the 9,000 that are the 10 and 11 year olds. Hell every resident and non resident with 10 or 11 year old should jump on this band wagon.If they just give them the $6.25 for the controlled hunt fee this thing could be crazy and they cant even cover their budgets today.
Now on top of this we are just going to add more tags and push this onto the wildlife. The number of tags are set for a reason. Then sportsman who applied and drew tags in an area will now be in the field with more tag holders. We should be very concerned with our current directors office staff and their decisions. Seems to need a house cleaning!

This is wrong on so many levels! The numbers that have been quoted are that about 1000 9 and 10-year-olds were allowed to enter the drawing. The majority of these were on party applications. The F&G claims that they allowed these applications to go through the drawing to avoid public relations issues and delaying drawing results. Supposedly, it would have effected approximately 2500 applicants if these applications would have been rejected or invalidated.

Using their numbers, 362 of the ineligible kids drew permits. The ratio of ineligible 9 and 10-year-old kids to the total number of applicants with 9 or 10-year-olds on the party applications was 2.5:1, so using their numbers you could multiply the 362 kids that drew by 2.5 to estimate the total number of permits that were drawn on invalid applications. This means that the F&G allowed approximately 905 invalid applicants to draw permits in the drawing. That's 905 permits that should have gone to applicants that followed the law and submitted legal/valid applications.

How much did this effect the drawing odds? Why are they rewarding those who didn't follow the regulations? How many of the thousands of Idaho sportsmen got to hunt as a 10 or 11 year old? This was handled so poorly! I don't know a single sportsman that trusts our "Idaho Department of Fishy Games".

This Director would not make a good parent. If you teach a child that he can make a mistake and still get a reward you will train him that he should never be disappointed. That is what this nation is doing wrong.

Essentially the director said he'll just hand out more tags, more money and the plan-B pill for the screwing you all took!

I don't ever like to see departments throw tags at a problem to "fix" things.

What is he, the candy man?

It's a total mess and one I hate to ever hear about. I guess it shows that the departments are really out of touch about how seriously we take the application/tag process!

Zeke

I did receive a call back from the Lady in the directors office to ask me how I wanted to receive the information about the decision. I told her I already had read the letters and didn't need it mailed to me or what have you.

She didn't off the opportunity to hear my response.

I still wonder what a class action attorney might have to say on this.

And it sure sounds like they are going to redraw those tags and not do a next in line not sure which is worse.

Bad Bad Bad deal here glad I didn't waste any money there this year.

Biggest complaint I have is they don't want to take away the kids first tag for real anytime any non resident says anything they get the "come on a general hunt" line shoved down their throat. Well guess what these kids could "go on a general hunt"

I am a non res. No matter what it is not fair. Why don't they let the kids keep there tags, anybody on a party hunt is deleted. Put all tags back in and redraw those tags.

Might be just a rumor but i heard at Cabalas today a lawyer har taken the case. A 6.50 payoff to each kid isnt gonna be enough to cover their butt.

WOW!! I'm a NonResident with a 16 yo that buys a mentor tag every year to go hunting with his Uncle and Grandfather. I just read every thread on this post. I can't believe that IDFG is doing what they are doing. It makes me wonder now if my son DIDN'T draw because of someone who did that wasn't even supposed to be in the draw!!
Man what a crock of s@it this is!!
If this were to happen in NV i would be furious as you all have the right to be!!

Class action suit i think is in order.

I sure hope you guys get what's right and due you and your kids in the end.
I can't believe that F&G and the Director both are choosing 300 some kids (parents) that did it wrong over the obviously 1000s that did it right.

What a big pile of crap that is!! Good luck i hope you get what is right back!!!

From his own release--Two
wrongs do not make a right.--But in his case, he just did.

Tough call but in my opinion the law is the law. I gaurantee my 9 year old daughter was just as if not more disappointed when I told her that since we followed the rules she was unable to put in for hunts that other kids her age were allowed too and drew tags!!! Maybe I have a different opinion if she had a elk/deer/antelope tag in her pocket but I would hope not!!!!!

I just sent my statement to F&G, and i stated that i was in agreement with their decision to let the youth hunters hunt, but that i was totally against letting anyone on the party hunt, and in my mind it was border line illegal!!

Not sure if I missed it in the previous 120 posts but did the same thing happen in the Goat, Sheep and Moose Drawing?

Maybe! I doubt anyone thought to check for illegal applications in that draw.

It wouldn't shock me. If so it should be addressed also.

I sent emails to all the commissioners got ONE reply back from Sharon Kiefer in response to the email sent to Bob Barowsky She thanked me for my concerns & comments & forwarded me the Bag of Crap letter Virgil Moore wrote & posted on the F&G website !! They are standing by his decision to let these INVALID applicants have the tags !! And now apparently they have 283 more tags that F&G pulled from their Butts & they are going to have another drawing before July 10th for those tags ??? Didn't this commissioners publicly state that it would take TOO LONG to pull the original INVALID applicants out of the 1st drawing ?? BUT some how they can manage to come up with these extra tags &make that happen in under 9 days ??? WOW it keeps getting better

>Not sure if I missed it
>in the previous 120 posts
>but did the same thing
>happen in the Goat, Sheep
>and Moose Drawing?

I called and they wouldn't let me enter my 10-year old in the draw.

Bet the rest of the 10 or 11 year olds will remain in the re-draw as well?

>>>I wanna know in detail how
>>>they're putting a tag back
>>>in to draw and just
>>>how much this was going
>>>to cost the department?
>>>Justin
>>
>>Shouldn't they make money with the
>>additional tag sales?
>
>
>Is it going to cover the
>cost of this drawing and
>all these gift certificates of
>sufficient value that's going to
>get handed out? I doubt
>it! Does anyone even know
>what this magnitude truly is?
>He says only 1500. How
>can he stop it at
>1500? If its 5,000 new
>hunters a year so your
>at 9,000 taking out the
>1,000 that got to put
>in like posted previously by
>Buglinbulz. Even if its half
>of the 9,000 that are
>the 10 and 11 year
>olds. Hell every resident and
>non resident with 10 or
>11 year old should jump
>on this band wagon.If they
>just give them the $6.25
>for the controlled hunt fee
>this thing could be crazy
>and they cant even cover
>their budgets today.
>Now on top of this we
>are just going to add
>more tags and push this
>onto the wildlife. The number
>of tags are set for
>a reason. Then sportsman who
>applied and drew tags in
>an area will now be
>in the field with more
>tag holders. We should be
>very concerned with our current
>directors office staff and their
>decisions. Seems to need a
>house cleaning!

Technically, there shouldn't be too many extra costs - IDF&G employees are salaried. They're getting paid regardless. As for the fee waiver, this again cost IDF&G nothing. They are waiving a fee (ONE - who only applies for one species?) on a new revenue source.

The cost of this mistake is the reputation of IDF&G. My 10-year old has learned that cheating has its benefits.

Colorado had problems this year and they redrew stripping some people of their tags. Fortunately that state discovered the problem before the official results came out. Idaho should have swallowed hard and redone the draw.

Do any of you really trust F&G to make the right permits available for this "extra" draw? Some hunts only offered 10 permits. Do you really see them adding 10 or even 20% to the quota on those hunts? Not to mention on a hunt with 10 permits just 1 illegal group app could have take 40% of the quota.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold. I wonder if the Director is nervous about his job.

I wouldn't say this this was very smart. "Many very knowledgeable hunters I talked to that were
supportive of this legislation submitted control hunt applications for these
tags based on their understanding of the new law." Apparently they weren't smart enough to read the regs correctly.

I have never had a lot of faith in the F$G.Now I have none and they have the GUTS this January to go after a fee increase.That is the time to make them setup and listen.
By contacting you Legislators and asking them to VOTE NO on the fee increase.That is the only way you can get those mental midgets to listen.Is to stop the money I hope that we all remember this at time.

45 ACP for when you have seconds to live and the police are only minutes away

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-14 AT 06:24PM (MST)[p]Oops..

What a bunch of liars. A guy i worked with today and his 10yr old son drew hunt 1030 for deer. Didnt see that tag put back up. Just saying!

Exactly the point I made earlier. There is zero accountability with F&G. I never trusted them to handle these extra tags honestly. They offered what they wanted too. And in the process probably covered up the effect of all these invalid apps.

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO COMPLAINED. I KNOW HAVE 283 LESS PEOPLE ON MY GENERAL HUNT!

NOW ALL THOSE EXTRA TAGS WILL NOT ONLY AFFECT YOU GUYS THIS YEAR IT WILL AFFECT YOU NEXT YEAR AS WELL. GUESS WE NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL BEFORE WE CRY BECAUSE WE "MIGHT" HAVE GOT DRAWN THIS YEAR IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE YOUNGER KIDS.

WITH THAT SAID, I AGREE THE KID WHO ACTUALLY DREW SHOULD KEEP THE TAG AND ALL THE ADULTS PIGGY BACKING SHOULD NOT.

I WAS LEANING TOWARDS FISH AND GAME'S SIDE BEFORE SEEING WHAT VIRGIL MOORE SAID. HIS ANSWER WAS RIDICULOUS AND HE CONTRIDICTED EVERYTHING HE SAID WITH HIS NEXT STATEMENT.

MIGHT AS WELL SAID EVERYTHING IS GENERAL ALL YEAR...GO KILL ALL THE DEER BOYS!

>THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO COMPLAINED.
>I KNOW HAVE 283 LESS
>PEOPLE ON MY GENERAL HUNT!
>
>
>NOW ALL THOSE EXTRA TAGS WILL
>NOT ONLY AFFECT YOU GUYS
>THIS YEAR IT WILL AFFECT
>YOU NEXT YEAR AS WELL.
> GUESS WE NEED TO
>BE MORE CAREFUL BEFORE WE
>CRY BECAUSE WE "MIGHT" HAVE
>GOT DRAWN THIS YEAR IF
>IT WEREN'T FOR THE YOUNGER
>KIDS.
>
>
>WITH THAT SAID, I AGREE THE
>KID WHO ACTUALLY DREW SHOULD
>KEEP THE TAG AND ALL
>THE ADULTS PIGGY BACKING SHOULD
>NOT.
>
>I WAS LEANING TOWARDS FISH AND
>GAME'S SIDE BEFORE SEEING WHAT
>VIRGIL MOORE SAID. HIS
>ANSWER WAS RIDICULOUS AND HE
>CONTRIDICTED EVERYTHING HE SAID WITH
>HIS NEXT STATEMENT.
>
>MIGHT AS WELL SAID EVERYTHING IS
>GENERAL ALL YEAR...GO KILL ALL
>THE DEER BOYS!
STOP YELLING!

Justin

I'm just so excited that I have 283 less people to deal with.

Please forgive me.

I might be missing something, but you had to put in for the draw and be over 12? So my 11 year old is still not able to be in the drawing? So following the rules keeps us out of two drawings. Am I missing something?

DZ

No read the regs and the letter. The 11 yr old can apply for the second draw. Just not in the stupid extra special we effed up draw

Read the regs. Ha ha good one.

Right I read the regs. I was talking about the stupid one. I knew we could do the second draw when the regs came out. Guess the second one is just to benefit the ones who broke the rules to start with.

DZ

Special Draws are out...I'd start a new thread, but for some reason I can't...maybe not enough posts? Still nothing for me. Ridiculous situation.

0 for 2. Frickn Virgil.

What happened...did everyone draw one of the special tags and they are happy now, or did everyone settle down just like IDF&G expected them to?

I hope people are still writing letters...nothing really has changed, except he has two checkmarks now instead of one. What a joke.

F&G I am sure is sitting back hoping like hell everyone forgets the Bending over we just got !!!

Yea!
We got this tag scandal shoved down our throats and up our behinds.

And there are some guys with a Super tag that don't know where to hunt.

WTF is the world coming to?

someone mentioned the freedom of information act to get the info for these applications...I wonder if a simple public information request (pir) would work?

No offense, but I've read through these posts and you all just sound butt hurt you couldn't piggy back off your kids to draw.
You shouldn't be able to piggy back off them anyway. Let them draw on their own and hunt without you having a tag as well. You really want to just hunt for your kids? Let them have the tag and you just help without having one burning in your pocket.
You claim it's all for the kids..? Then stop piggy backing off them. You really sincere about it being all for youth... Humm not from what I've read in this thread.
IMO, you parents don't need a tag too. Just focus in the youth and the tag they have if you really want it to be about the 'kids' hunting. But let's be honest.. I don't think any of you would do that. You may say you would, but I doubt it

HyoWyo

Are you sure you read all the posts and understand this thread?

HyoWyo, not sure if you are talking about me or not? If you are you have no idea what you are saying. I have 9 kids and have never shot an animal for one of them. Not even a follow up shot as I teach my kids to follow all the rules/ laws. What bugs me the most about what happened is that I have one that would have put in for hunts if they had not specifically spelled it out in the reg book. Not impressed with your post.

DZ

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14 AT 05:54PM (MST)[p]>HyoWyo, not sure if you are
>talking about me or not?
> If you are you
>have no idea what you
>are saying. I have
>9 kids and have never
>shot an animal for one
>of them. Not even
>a follow up shot as
>I teach my kids to
>follow all the rules/ laws.
> What bugs me the
>most about what happened is
>that I have one that
>would have put in for
>hunts if they had not
>specifically spelled it out in
>the reg book. Not
>impressed with your post.
>
>DZ

Not impressed with my post? What are you? 5 going on 2?
Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

If you read what I said correctly, what I hear are parents complaining they didn't draw because their kids didn't draw. They are basically piggy backing off their kids for tags.
If they care so much about getting tags for their kids, they should focus solely on them drawing. I've seen several complain they didn't get to draw because they all put in for group tags.
So, stop putting yourself, the adult, in with the kids. It's that simple. Focus on their hunt, not yours.
Not once did I say you shot your kids animals for them, but I can see from you bringing that particular time up in the conversation, it bothers you.
Perhaps a lesson in reading and where kids come from is in order. 9?! Whatever floats your boat man.

Hyowyo you are misunderstanding the point most of the people on this thread are making. Not that they weren't able to piggyback on their kids group apps, but the fact that because many of the 9-11 year old applicants were part of group apps there were more than likely many more than 283 tags tied up due to what should have been ineligible applications. There are a few who were upset they didn't get to put their kids in. But I think more still are upset that idfg didn't uphold the rules that they themselves published and allowed the apps to slip through the cracks. Many of them believe no kid under (insert number from 10-18 here) should be able to hunt anyway because as we all know their parents shoot all their game for them anyway, and still some are just plain upset that idfg would ever allow anyone besides them to draw a tag after all everyone should be able to hunt every quality unit every season. Hope that sums it up for you

Okay here is your post. "I have read through these post and you "ALL"" is that me? And another note is I have never been part of a party hunt application with any of my kids, and I have had kids in the Idaho drawing for 18 years. Then you said "You really want to just hunt for your kids?" Explain that to me, because to me it means you think we ALL just want tags for our kids so we can shoot more animals. So your opener of "No offense" didn't cut it for me and my pour level of reading comprehending.

Wow... The whole thing is totally messed up. I might be heartless, but I still think that all tags and those of the party should have been revoked and put back into the draw. It is the parents fault for not reading and understanding the regulations. As a parent I have had to admit to my 8 year old more than once that daddy screwed up. It is far more important that my child see me take responsibility for my actions even though it cause hurt, then to let my child grow up thinking the rules do not apply or that we can pick and choose...

I still think that a lawsuit should be in order as the tags technically were obtained and given illegally. In doing so they cost others opportunity, and also sent the wrong message to those who followed the rules.

I just hope that Idaho has their crap together with this by next year as my daughter will be applying.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14
>AT 05:54?PM (MST)

>
>>HyoWyo, not sure if you are
>>talking about me or not?
>> If you are you
>>have no idea what you
>>are saying. I have
>>9 kids and have never
>>shot an animal for one
>>of them. Not even
>>a follow up shot as
>>I teach my kids to
>>follow all the rules/ laws.
>> What bugs me the
>>most about what happened is
>>that I have one that
>>would have put in for
>>hunts if they had not
>>specifically spelled it out in
>>the reg book. Not
>>impressed with your post.
>>
>>DZ
>
>Not impressed with my post? What
>are you? 5 going on
>2?
>Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong
>suit.
>
>If you read what I said
>correctly, what I hear are
>parents complaining they didn't draw
>because their kids didn't draw.
>They are basically piggy backing
>off their kids for tags.
>
>If they care so much about
>getting tags for their kids,
>they should focus solely on
>them drawing. I've seen several
>complain they didn't get to
>draw because they all put
>in for group tags.
>So, stop putting yourself, the adult,
>in with the kids. It's
>that simple. Focus on their
>hunt, not yours.
>Not once did I say you
>shot your kids animals for
>them, but I can see
>from you bringing that particular
>time up in the conversation,
>it bothers you.
>Perhaps a lesson in reading and
>where kids come from is
>in order. 9?! Whatever floats
>your boat man.

The vast majority of this thread we are all complaining about piggy backing. Did you even read it? Or did you skim through it?
Justin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom