Turning back permits.

azbow

If I read the Utah regs correctly, you can turn a LE permit back in, if you do it 30 days or more before the season starts.
You get all your pts back plus the one for the current year and they return your money except for $25.
Is this right?

Surrendering a permit
Utah Code ? 23-19-38 and Utah Admin. Rule R657-42
What happens if you obtain a permit and then
realize you won't be able to use it?
As long as your season hasn't started, you
should consider surrendering the permit. It's an
easy process, and it's important if you want to
keep your bonus points or preference points and
avoid a waiting period.
Depending on the type of permit you have,
there are different rules for surrendering it.
Individuals
How permit surrender affects bonus
If you draw a limited-entry, premium limitedentry
or once-in-a-lifetime permit?and then
you decide to surrender it?it's a good idea to
return it to the Division before the season opens.
If you surrender it before the start of the
season, you'll get all of your bonus points back,
and you'll receive a bonus point for that year.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-11 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p] Thankyou,
What about getting a refund also?

(That is a goofy looking elk, hehe
Also how do you type that little squigly thing in the code # ??)

I think you can get your money back.

The following is directly from the Application Booklet - page 21:

You obtain a limited-entry permit and then
surrender it to the Division no less than
30 days before the season-opening date.
Under these circumstances, you will receive
a refund of the permit fee?minus a $25
refund fee?and your bonus points will be
reinstated.

Thats new to me i will have to look into it.I thought you got your points back but not the money.If thats the case there's really no reason to just apply for points.

OK just looked it up.
You can turn in the tag and your points will be reinstated and build a point but you will NOT be refunded the tag and handling fee.

Group applications the entire group has to turn in there tags and it has to be 30 days prior to the season.

Oilcan - Where did you look it up?

I am not an expert on UT regs and laws but from what I read on page 21 of the application booklet, it is my understanding that they will refund the tag fees as long as it is at least 30 days from the start of the season. Less than 30 days and I would assume you don't get your tag fee back.

SD, that is what I read also on page 21. I am applying for several hunts during the same time frame and would hate to eat a NR elk tag and or $795, after waiting for 15 yrs.

Hope that someone can confirm for sure.

I also just got off the phone and you guys are right.I got that info out of another publication just goes to show i need to double check my info.By the way that came out of the HF isn't Utah there home state?

With that said that is great news as i also apply for many hunts in that time period.

Thanks guys

Thanks, that is a new one for this year and good to know. I looked bat at the 2010 proc and there is no mention of a refund for LE tags within the 30 day time frame like in the 2011 proc. There is also no mention of it in the "what's new for 2011" section of the proc. They must not want people knowing that little tidbit of info change. Get them to surrender it with 29 days to go and then bend over and take it.

That is the most hunter friendly no risk draw there is.I really see no drawback to just applying and when the dust settles see if it fits into your schedule.

The only drawback that I could see, they do the drawings by species. If you draw one of the LE tags for deer,elk or antelope, you don't even get in the drawings for a once in a lifetime tag, like sheep or goat.
That throws another spin on whether you want to put in for a LE elk tag that you have a good chance of getting, knowing that you can turn it back, or just going for a pt and hoping for a chance at a dream tag......

I don't remember seeing this info in the HF either, what's the deal? Can we turn in our subscription for a refund with them, since they are dropping the ball here????

(I hate this time of year)

You don't get your $$ back if you want to keep your points. Did it last year and ate the $$$

Oilcan, Apparantly HF is wrong on p28.

It says there that NR can only apply for deer OR elk OR Antelope plus one OIL tag. That info is 2 yrs old also.

azbow

I don't know what the hell you're reading but HF on page 28 says "Non-residents are allowed to apply for and gain bonus points for all species."

I never heard anything about the 30 days before and it was never brought up at the Northern RAC and didn't hear it at the Board mtg? Anyone else? Looks like Utah weaselin it thru like the deer season lengths after the division fought hard for them. Sick of Utah pulling this crap!

HuntElk4Fun,
Sorry, I was reading the next line and it was referring to Res not NR. My mistake.

i had to turn in a le tag last year, over 30 days before the hunt and i got my bonus point back and i also got half of the tag amount back hope this helps

Sounds like if a guy is lucky enough to draw several tags that conflict with dates then he can turn in the tag and receive points as it has been prior.

After that it sounds like it all depends on who you talk to if you get full refund, half refund or nothing.

Mainly if there is a major conflict turn in the tag you have a good chance of redrawing in a year or so, even if you eat the money.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom