Unit 32A

B

bowhunteridaho208

Hey I am just wondering what people know about unit 32A. Is the early season archery elk hunt any good? If so what areas are the best for it? How about the later season rifle elk? And Rifle deer? Any help would be great, just trying to learn new area. Thanks

Lots of private property, if you can get access you will have a great time. Start scouting now, ok hunting up in the high country, mostly public land.

32A used to be a real good area so much like most of idahos areas..there is so much private land in this unit & it is almost impossible to obtain hunting rights..there was a couple of access yes areas dont know if they are still available.. archery elk is best on the northern part of 32A but u will not be alone last time I hunted this unit{2006}all we saw were hunters & we hiked our asses off walked back in on 5 different closed roads well over a mile on each road!! the only herd of elk we saw was being chased by a pack of those nice mountain yotes 2 with collars on!!! deer season now that is a real ball buster with F&Gs wonderful 4 bucks to every 100 does U do the math & with the F&G einsteins changing of 22 to a forkie unit only U will have 1/4 to 1/3 of the 1A & 2C plates hunting there instead of 22!!!!! I changed areas back in 06 & wont hunt it again way too many people...good luck

i have spent many years in 32a and completely agree. unless i draw a late cow, late buck or bear tag, i wont waste a second more in that unit. saying there are too many hunters is an understatement. very restricted on atv's, but it doesnt matter. people drive around gates like they arent even there. the quality of bucks is an absolute joke. 2 pts. are what you will see. maybe a little 3 or 4 pt. now and again. honestly, i would not waste your time. its a joke of a unit anymore. they need to make that a 4 pt. only unit.....for good. there used to be a lot of toads in there. not anymore. if you are dead set on it....hunt to the north of the unit and in the high country. oh ya, if you do that, the wolves are all over up there too. if i can get a wolf tag this year, thats where im going...seriously!

Thanks guys for the info, I am not dead set on going there for deer, but I would love to get a wolf or two :) Also, how is it for archery elk early on?

cant tell you exactly where, but a buddy and his friend took a 370 class bull 2 years ago...up high. thing was a mungster!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom