Unit 34 Late Season Archery Tags

P

PAblackbear

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-08 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]When do the unit 34 late season archery bull tags go on sale? I wanted to try and get one this year but I was told the sale was already over. I thought last year it was later in the year and I haven't been able to find anything on the fish and game website. Thanks.

Sorry man, but here's a link to the date the tags left over after the draw went on sale. I think they were all sold out within minutes of being made available.

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/publications/press_releases/documents/2008/072808leftovers.html

Also, Unit 34 is one of the most coveted tags in NM. It's highly unlikley that there were leftover elk tags (of any flavor) for that unit.

Start planning to get your application in for next year. The deadline for the draw will be in the second week of April. Draw results will be announced in June. Proclamations/Applications will out in January.

For this year, you may still be able to get a landowner permit by watching the classifieds, but be prepared to put up some serious cash if you want to go that route.

That Archery hunt is in Dec. they dont have them tags tell later on in the in Nov. But your best bet is to call the Gf and they will tell you how to get one. I will tell you that is a hard hunt 6 point or better. Goodluck.

Go to page 39 of this year's big game proc. Info for the December archery elk hunts will be available after October 15th if they are available at all....whether these hunts even happen depends on the success rates of the regular draw hunts.

Whoa, just ignore my post, I obviously had no clue about this. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for answering guys. I thought the late season archery tags wern't made available till the majority of the hunts were over, and they depended on success rates. I realize it is a hard hunt but if they show up where I found them last December then I will have the hardest part out of the way. Hopefully they put out quite a few tags and I can pick one up.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom