Unit 40 Antelope

freebird63

Been doing some scouting around the unit and so far all the speedgoats I've seen have been on private.
Anyone have any advice to share.
I really don't know much about antelope hunting. Some have told me to look for water holes. When do antelope rut and how easy is it to hunt them in the rut??
I have also seen that some make what is suppose to look like an antelope's head.
Thanks in advance for advice.

Chuck in Boise

Do you have a rifle tag? I wouldn't wear the be the decoy hat during rifle season. I've been seeing a few along 95 right before the stateline

They are rutting heavy now and have definitely changed up their locations. I watched bucks RUN does all day today. It's really kinda fun to watch. I don't know if there's anything as aggressive as a buck antelope in the rut? Top cutting horse have nothing on them

The antelope rut tends to coincide with the elk rut for the most part it seems. Should be rutting hard now through when your hunt opens.

I got to watch a buck antelope trying to herd his does around and he was going nuts trying to keep up with the does...it was rather fun to watch.
Thanks everyone for the advice. Lets just hope I can seal the deal come the 25th.

Chuck in Boise

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom