unit 45 antelope help

M

mixedbag

I drew unit 45 for antelope.My original destination may have fallen through.Has anyone hunted the Strouss Hill in the hunter management area?Could anyone help me with any public hunting areas in this unit?As a last resort, I'd be willing to hire an outfitter if you know any that cover this unit.Thanks for any help

I have not hunted Strouss Hill but last year my buddy hunted a diffrent area on a HMA and got a buck. I have hunted private land in 45 with Patrick Jones Outfitters and he is still in operation, a friend is going out elk hunting this year. If you are going with a bow we saw lots of antelope on the Sheep Mountain access off of 230 but it was bow only for antelope. There were several crossings on fences you could sit and wait but I doubt stalking would be any good seemed way to flat. Good Luck and if you want I can look up the phone number for the outfitter he was pretty easy to find through Google and he works for the Univ of Wy.

If you could get me imfo. about the guide I'd appreciate it.I'm going to want a backup plan.I plan to hunt one of the HMAs for the unit, and I'll have to look into Sheep Mt
Thanks

The info on the outfitter I used is

Patrick Jones
PO Box 2126
Laramie, WY 82070
307-721-2133

I have been out hunting with him 2 times and my buddy is going back for his 4th time this year. It may take him a day or two to get back with you and I am not sure he still hunts area 45 for Antelope or not but it does not hurt to ask. He lost his big ranch for Antelope a couple years ago to development but it has stopped so he may have it again.

Good Luck

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom